Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 3A District 5&6 Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(4)Magoffin Co. @ (1)Somerset
(3)Garrard Co. @ (2)Estill Co.

(4)Wayne Co. @ (1)Breathitt Co.
(3)Powell Co. @ (2)Casey Co.

IMO, it looks like Breathitt Co. and Somerset are on a crash course to play each other for the Region Championship! Can Breathitt Co. or any other team in the Region even come close to beating Somerset?
Very simply, No. No one will beat Somerset in this bracket. The first round 3-2 games will be interesting though.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Very simply, No. No one will beat Somerset in this bracket. The first round 3-2 games will be interesting though.

Yeah they're both going to be rematches from the regular season! Estill Co lost @Garrard Co 21-27 but this time Estill is at home and then Casey Co beat Powell Co at home 23-14 and they will be hosting the Pirates again!
Somerset/Estill Co./Breathitt Co./Casey Co.

Somerset/Breathitt Co. once again in the Regional Championship.
No, Somerset wins this bracket.
Magoffin's season comes to an end
It looks as though Somerset will be making a trip to Jackson for the regional championship. Breathitt will have to play "lights out" to beat a very talented Somerset team. Go Bobcats.
Cat Daddy Wrote:It looks as though Somerset will be making a trip to Jackson for the regional championship. Breathitt will have to play "lights out" to beat a very talented Somerset team. Go Bobcats.

Wouldn't Breathitt have to travel to Somerset?
No dist 5 hosted region finals last year (odd year) dist 6 host this year (even year) if equal seeds from the two districts meet. The only way Somerset could host region finals would be to first make it to round three and then face anyone other than Breathitt for the Region Title.
BC hosting Somerset, seems like a great Region Finals

Have to root for Somerset in this bracket - Good luck all
Jumper Dad Wrote:No dist 5 hosted region finals last year (odd year) dist 6 host this year (even year) if equal seeds from the two districts meet. The only way Somerset could host region finals would be to first make it to round three and then face anyone other than Breathitt for the Region Title.

Oh yeah thats right! duh
Somerset's defensive and offensive lines are the best in the region. They will carry the Briar Jumpers as far as they can go.
One thing is for sure, you can't rule anyone out, no matter how good somerset is. Sure they're the favorite, but on any given night someone can pull an upset. Just like 2 years ago, Breathitt vs. Belfry, semi-finals, everyone said Breathitt had no chance and everyone was proved wrong. Thats whats great about mountain football!!!
bhs all the way Wrote:One thing is for sure, you can't rule anyone out, no matter how good somerset is. Sure they're the favorite, but on any given night someone can pull an upset. Just like 2 years ago, Breathitt vs. Belfry, semi-finals, everyone said Breathitt had no chance and everyone was proved wrong. Thats whats great about mountain football!!!

That is very true. It is high school football, anything can happen on a given night. Somerset is the favorite in this region and with Erik Manning, Storm Wilson, JP Henderlight, Clayton Stringer, Derrick Jackson and Alex Lange they are loaded at the skill positions--I don't think any team in the region can match that group. However, they are small up front on both sides of the football. They are quick, but they are small. It will be on the defensive and offensive lines where their games will be won or lost. It should be an interesting post-season.
Norm Peterson Wrote:That is very true. It is high school football, anything can happen on a given night. Somerset is the favorite in this region and with Erik Manning, Storm Wilson, JP Henderlight, Clayton Stringer, Derrick Jackson and Alex Lange they are loaded at the skill positions--I don't think any team in the region can match that group. However, they are small up front on both sides of the football. They are quick, but they are small. It will be on the defensive and offensive lines where their games will be won or lost. It should be an interesting post-season.

I couldn't agree with you more!:Thumbs:
Norm Peterson Wrote:That is very true. It is high school football, anything can happen on a given night. Somerset is the favorite in this region and with Erik Manning, Storm Wilson, JP Henderlight, Clayton Stringer, Derrick Jackson and Alex Lange they are loaded at the skill positions--I don't think any team in the region can match that group. However, they are small up front on both sides of the football. They are quick, but they are small. It will be on the defensive and offensive lines where their games will be won or lost. It should be an interesting post-season.

Its just going to be one of those things where we'll have to wait and see what happens, i know Breathitt will always play harder at home, any team would. Whether or not they can beat Somerset is a different story. But i have a feeling that things will be pretty interesting!!:popcorn:
I don't think anyone can beat Somerset in the region, but Somerset at Breathitt could be interesting.
Breathitt playing at home will be tough. I think Somerset will win but it will be a closer game than many think. If Somerset comes in looking ahead & Breathitt plays there best there could be an upset.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Breathitt playing at home will be tough. I think Somerset will win but it will be a closer game than many think. If Somerset comes in looking ahead & Breathitt plays there best there could be an upset.

When one looks ahead and forgets what is currently before them, bad things can happen.

As I have said, and have seen on this forum many times, on any given Friday night the upset can occur.
I can assure you that Somerset doesn't overlook anyone but it should still be an interesting game to attend!
Wayne County i heard was pretty decent. They have give breathitt county a little scare early in the game but i believe the bobcats pull away and win by 12.