Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 5A District 7-8 Playoff Matchups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The playoffs are just a week away and after last night i believe the district seeds have been set.

(4)Mercer Co @ (1)Harlan Co.
(3)Whitley Co. @ (2)Southwestern

(4)Perry Co. Central @ (1)Pulaski Co.
(3)Lincoln Co. @ (2)Clay Co.

Thoughts and predictions?
can i get a mod to change the title misspell please
HC plays Mercer. Clay plays Lincoln.
Yeah the correct matchups are:

(4)Mercer Co @ (1)Harlan Co.
(3)Whitley Co. @ (2)Southwestern

(4)Perry Co. Central @ (1)Pulaski Co.
(3)Lincoln Co. @ (2)Clay Co.

My Predictions for the 1st Rd are:

(1)Harlan Co.
(2)Southwestern
(1)Pulaski Co.
(2)Clay Co.
I like Harlan Co./Whitley Co./Pulaski Co./Clay Co.

Harlan Co. & Pulaski Co. in the Regional Championship.
I can see HC and Pulaski for region also.
I am going with Harlan Co, Pulaski, SW, and Lincoln.
I have Pulaski and Southwestern meeting in the region title. The orange and blue get revenge in this one.
I've got Harlan County getting there revenge against Pulaski.
The 2nd round match-up between Harlan CO. and Whitley will be very interesting. Also Pulaski and Harlan Co rematch will be good also.
The favorites win the first round games.
Pulaski beats Harlan again in the finals.
Harlan, Pulaski, Clay, Southwestern

Then Pulaski will beat Clay, and Southwestern will beat Harlan.

Region Final at PC will have PC over Southwestern.
My predictions...

First Round
Harlan County 42 Mercer Co. 14
Whitley County 34 Southwestern 21
Pulaski County 44 Perry Central 22
Clay County 28 Lincoln Co. 6

Second Round
Whitley County 22 Harlan County 21
Pulaski County 28 Clay County 14

Region Championship
Pulaski County 34 Whitley County 26
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My predictions...

First Round

Second Round

Region Championship

Looks about right to me. I have felt all year Whitley was the most talented team in the district. They are just now beginning to play good football.
1st round
I have
HC over Mercer
PC over PCC
SW over WC
CC over LC

2nd round
HC over SW
PC over CC

3rd round
HC over PC only because it's at home!

Harlan wins the rg the way they are playing right now!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Looks about right to me. I have felt all year Whitley was the most talented team in the district. They are just now beginning to play good football.

Don't get me wrong, I think WC will upset Southwestern but I'd say there is a reason they have been playing their best ball down the stretch and that is because they have been playing their worst opponents down the stretch. They've played they #4, #5 and #6 teams in their district the last three weeks. Before that they played good competition and couldn't win them.
3wishes Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think WC will upset Southwestern but I'd say there is a reason they have been playing their best ball down the stretch and that is because they have been playing their worst opponents down the stretch. They've played they #4, #5 and #6 teams in their district the last three weeks. Before that they played good competition and couldn't win them.

If I were you I would check into the stats a little bit. You would see that they are not turning the ball over like they where. Many of which were un-forced turnovers in ball handling early in the year.

But I am sure you know that. :Thumbs:
Pulaski trounces the competition in district 7-8 but it doesn't matter because Highlands owns the 5A crown already.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:If I were you I would check into the stats a little bit. You would see that they are not turning the ball over like they where. Many of which were un-forced turnovers in ball handling early in the year.

But I am sure you know that. :Thumbs:

Where do you find your stats? Especially a stat that has unforced turnovers?

Geez, I make a comment in an un-related Bell County thread that was honest and a fact and still 'I'm supposed to know that" quote appears?:please:
No I figured with the opinions you share you had to be a student of the game and the teams in the area. I suppose I was wrong, I am sorry. No big deal. Carry on.
Aslan Wrote:The favorites win the first round games.
Pulaski beats Harlan again in the finals.

I agree with you! You pretty much said it for me!:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:Pulaski trounces the competition in district 7-8 but it doesn't matter because Highlands owns the 5A crown already.

A regional champions matters.
SW playing to their comp worries me but I still think they win at home. I am confident in LC, they are better than their record and played SW close at SW. I don't think any of it matters though because this is PC's region to lose this year!
zaga_fan Wrote:Pulaski trounces the competition in district 7-8 but it doesn't matter because Highlands owns the 5A crown already.

I would really like to see a mountain team beat Highlands, particularly my Harlan County Black Bears! I'm loving their defense right now!

A regional championship means a lot to those that don't have one!
My Predictions for the 1st Rd are:

(1)Pulaski Co.
(2)Clay Co.
(1)Harlan Co.
(2)Southwestern

My Predictions for the 2nd Rd are:

(1)Pulaski Co.
(1)Harlan Co.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My predictions...

First Round

Second Round

Region Championship

My first round was perfect, except for the scores lol, now if the second round can be right, i might change my third round :biggrin: