Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 33 Scott 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Grats Highlands
:yikes:Could you call this a moral victory for Scott:eyeroll:
I would say no. Highlands didnt have half there starters in. And they clearly are looking towards the Thursday came with Ryle. If Scott put more points on the board then maybe I would say yes.
Saw the game on the internet. Couldn't believe the poor performance by the Birds. Thought the wheels were coming off. The team I saw didn't have a snowballs chance to win state. Then the guy says he got an e-mail saying Highlands wasn't playing a lot of their starters. I hope this was true.
Confusedhh:
Death Wrote:I would say no. Highlands didnt have half there starters in. And they clearly are looking towards the Thursday came with Ryle. If Scott put more points on the board then maybe I would say yes.
Oh come on You know the "faithful" in eagleland will talk about this for years how they were only losing 19-7 at half against Highlands in 2010:eyeroll:
Grats Bluebirds.
Highlands did have a few guys sitting, but IMO it was not one of their better performances. I expected a little more. Hard to tell who wasn't playing watching it with the stop and go internet show tonight. The internet hookup must have been overloaded or something. I think it's great that there's live streaming of games, but it kept freezing tonight.
Highlands senior running back Jordan Streeter had 15 carries for 105 yards and four touchdowns, while Jake True added 68 yards and one score on 10 carries.
Junior quarterback Patrick Tolles finished 11-of-27 for 181 yards.
Highlands held Scott to 133 total yards, including minus-40 yards rushing in the second half.
Scott running back Ryan Sowder finished with 96 yards rushing and 27 yards receiving

Scoring summary

Highlands 7 12 7 7--33
Scott 0 7 0 0-- 7
H–Schutte 20 run (Weinel kick)
S–Farris 13 pass from Heeb (Olano kick)
H–Streeter 1 run (attempt failed)
H–True 4 run (kick failed)
H–Streeter 15 run (Weinel kick)
H–Streeter 1 run (Weinel kick)
Records: S 2-7 H 9-0
congrats Highlands
The Purples should be licking there chops.:Thumbs:
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands did have a few guys sitting, but IMO it was not one of their better performances. I expected a little more. Hard to tell who wasn't playing watching it with the stop and go internet show tonight. The internet hookup must have been overloaded or something. I think it's great that there's live streaming of games, but it kept freezing tonight.

A few? A few to me is two or three. 8 or 9 is more than a few.

Agree that it wasn't one of their better performances, but think the missing starters may have played a role. Kids weren't fired up. Glad to see that. Ryle on Thurs.

By the way, gutsy performance by the Scott kids. Sowder plays hard. Really impressed by No. 79 on Scott's team. Very good lineman on both sides of the ball. Love the new facilities.
Or was this more of the same? Is this team as mentally tough as they are physically? The signs say ___.:flush:
Congratulations to the Bluebirds on winning their district, it will be interesting to see what adjustments are made by both teams when they head to Ryle Thursday.
hop24 Wrote:The Purples should be licking there chops.:Thumbs:

Only after they finish licking their wounds.
NCC41 Wrote:Only after they finish licking their wounds.

Very true.
NCC41 Wrote:Only after they finish licking their wounds.

:lmao:
Gee, I wonder what could have had the Birds looking lackluster on Friday? Could it have been the fact that this was SCOTT, a team that has not only lost every game to Highlands in the past 30+ years, but also a team that has not even played them close in all that time? Honestly, I feel for the Eagles, but there was nothing about this game that ever suggested that they had a chance. Next year they'll get the chance to find out what life is like without Highlands and CovCath looming on the schedule, and I wish them well in the new 5A, but this was business as usual for the Birds. This is not the game you're looking for. Move along.
Congrats Highlands
I didn't realize that there were 8 or 9 missing. It only takes a few to make a huge difference.
Half of Highlands starters were sitting one as 11 of their normal 22 were on the bench. Highlands got REALLY banged up against CovCath and now they are just trying to get everyone healthy for Ryle this Thursday.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Half of Highlands starters were sitting one as 11 of their normal 22 were on the bench. Highlands got REALLY banged up against CovCath and now they are just trying to get everyone healthy for Ryle this Thursday.

I think you bring up the best comment on here. With HHS game on Thursday versus Friday, it was worth getting guys healthy. The Bird regulars see better action in practice versus what the Eagles were capable of doing, so save the regulars for practice and get them ready for the Raider game
Can you dig it? Wrote::lmao:
Gee, I wonder what could have had the Birds looking lackluster on Friday? Could it have been the fact that this was SCOTT, a team that has not only lost every game to Highlands in the past 30+ years, but also a team that has not even played them close in all that time? Honestly, I feel for the Eagles, but there was nothing about this game that ever suggested that they had a chance. Next year they'll get the chance to find out what life is like without Highlands and CovCath looming on the schedule, and I wish them well in the new 5A, but this was business as usual for the Birds. This is not the game you're looking for. Move along.

Just to say in 1986 Highlands beat Scott 14-7 so they have been somewhat close. :Thumbs: Had to dig deep for that one. :lmao:
Death Wrote:Just to say in 1986 Highlands beat Scott 14-7 so they have been somewhat close. :Thumbs: Had to dig deep for that one. :lmao:

You can thank Jack Eicker for that game being so close.:eyeroll: