Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Staying & Who's Going?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which teams are going to be losing big time players for next year due to graduation, transfer, or whatever?

Any thoughts?:graduate:
after this year joe tiller and blake stumbo are transferring to south floyd to play basketball an football but blake is thinking about leaving after ball season to come up there and play baseball he's not for sure 100 percent
SF is losing 6 seniors due to graduation. 4 of them start and the other two or normally the first two off the bench.
Which school does Blake Stumbo attend currently? I have seen so many names on here that they begin to run together after awhile.
hazard is losing 4 seniors, 2 of them start
"ACE" Wrote:SF is losing 6 seniors due to graduation. 4 of them start and the other two or normally the first two off the bench.
WOW. Thats a big jar for Floyd. Saw them tonight, they are a pretty good team but didn't appear to have too deep of a bench. May rebuild for a couple years.
Sf loses 4 starters in Ryan Johnson Ryan Little Mason Hall and Tj Hall and of the bench is Matt Little and Justin Slone
Quote:Which school does Blake Stumbo attend currently? I have seen so many names on here that they begin to run together after awhile.

Blake plays for the David School
Central loses Lowe, Eric Slone, Ratliff and Williamson
Comments on this thread need to be very careful as they could affect a players future eligibility.
Any talk about a possible transfer without a legitimate change of residence also involved is inappropriate
south floyd is loosing 6 seniors big lose for the raiders
Well I have heard this RUMORED that their could be some coaching changes in the 56th so if this occurs it could be a lot to lose or in some cases very little to lose.
Rumor was going through the fan crowd at Lexington Catholic this weekend that one of Johnson Central's post players would be transferring to Lawrence County next year due to a move to that county a couple months ago. Seems to me that they have a shortage of post players as it is and will be losing two of them to graduation this year...Rice and Johnson. This could hurt JC pretty badly come next season.
sf will loose alot and so will pikecentral
Prestonsburg graduates 8 players this year.
ALL of their starters- Mike Stephens, Sean Leslie, Brooks Herrick, Lewis Barnette, Nick McGuire.
Along with Zach Ousley, Tyler Mullins, and Brenton Hamilton off the bench. :Sad04:
"blackcatforever" Wrote:Prestonsburg graduates 8 players this year.
ALL of their starters- Mike Stephens, Sean Leslie, Brooks Herrick, Lewis Barnette, Nick McGuire.
Along with Zach Ousley, Tyler Mullins, and Brenton Hamilton off the bench. :Sad04:

WOW talk about rebuilding!
yeah i think that the 58th will be DOWN the next couple of years....
with Prestonsburg losing 8 players South Floyd losing 6...how many does Allen Central and Betsy Lane lose this year does ne 1 know???
I think Betsy Layne graduates all of their starters, and Allen Central loses 1 or 2, maybe?
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Rumor was going through the fan crowd at Lexington Catholic this weekend that one of Johnson Central's post players would be transferring to Lawrence County next year due to a move to that county a couple months ago. Seems to me that they have a shortage of post players as it is and will be losing two of them to graduation this year...Rice and Johnson. This could hurt JC pretty badly come next season.

Would anyone happen to know which post player this is? I couldn't get a name at the game over the weekend and it's been driving me nuts to know which one. Thanks.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Would anyone happen to know which post player this is? I couldn't get a name at the game over the weekend and it's been driving me nuts to know which one. Thanks.

I heard a rumor that the big kid, 6'6" is moving to central KY but I don't know of the other kids. Welch, Bratton, & Reno are all planning on staying as far as I know. Plus Tommy Taylor may be back next year if the coach will let him on the team.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:I heard a rumor that the big kid, 6'6" is moving to central KY but I don't know of the other kids. Welch, Bratton, & Reno are all planning on staying as far as I know. Plus Tommy Taylor may be back next year if the coach will let him on the team.

Tommy Taylor? Now please tell me who this is because I'm a new JC fan and I don't know all of them yet.

However, very glad to know that Reno is staying. I believe he will be a force to reckon with next season. Right now he has to bide his time behind a very talented senior squad.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Tommy Taylor? Now please tell me who this is because I'm a new JC fan and I don't know all of them yet.

However, very glad to know that Reno is staying. I believe he will be a force to reckon with next season. Right now he has to bide his time behind a very talented senior squad.

Taylor is a very talented defender. He is not a scorer at least not a big scorer. His ability lies in his quickness, one of the three quickest on the football team, and his leaping ability, Tommy has an easy 32-36 inch vertical leap. He blocks or deflects a lot of passes. He did not come out origianally because he was had to take a job. When he did try to come out two weeks after football players had tried out Coach Starns said he would have to make up all the running done to that point. Taylor went one day and then quit.

JC's best defender, a red headed kid, didn't like all the running and quit (a junior as is Taylor). Cody Conley, a good solid player quit, (another junior) because the coach took him out of a game (one of the first games). He said he didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't have been taken out. In Starns system he wants to play a lot of guys real fast and hard to tire the other team out. Conley did not see that at the time. I hoep all three will at least try to come back. If they do some of the talent on the JV bench will remain bench warmer on varsity.

BTW if I could I would try to talk the Reno kid into going to Lawrence County. I think he lives there anyway. He's to good on the boards to sit on a bench but he's not mine to boss around.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:Taylor is a very talented defender. He is not a scorer at least not a big scorer. His ability lies in his quickness, one of the three quickest on the football team, and his leaping ability, Tommy has an easy 32-36 inch vertical leap. He blocks or deflects a lot of passes. He did not come out origianally because he was had to take a job. When he did try to come out two weeks after football players had tried out Coach Starns said he would have to make up all the running done to that point. Taylor went one day and then quit.

JC's best defender, a red headed kid, didn't like all the running and quit (a junior as is Taylor). Cody Conley, a good solid player quit, (another junior) because the coach took him out of a game (one of the first games). He said he didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't have been taken out. In Starns system he wants to play a lot of guys real fast and hard to tire the other team out. Conley did not see that at the time. I hoep all three will at least try to come back. If they do some of the talent on the JV bench will remain bench warmer on varsity.

Wow, I wish I had gotten the chance to see these boys play but maybe I will next year...if they make the team. It's hard for boys to come back as seniors and make the team only because the ones on the team now are learning the coaching style and plays. It will be very hard for all of these boys that you listed to come back in my opinion. However, I hope that they put forth the effort. There is nothing worse than not trying because then you never know what could have been. I always tell the young ones in my family...."You miss 100% of the shots or chances that you don't take"

Thanks for the info.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:BTW if I could I would try to talk the Reno kid into going to Lawrence County. I think he lives there anyway. He's to good on the boards to sit on a bench but he's not mine to boss around.

You are not Reno's parent. So please preacher don't talk about my kid. I hate it when others put him down. He loves JC and wants to stay. Yeah he can be good on the boards but if he sit on the bench that is the coaches' decision and probably his performance in practise. I want him to get more playing time too. Coach McKenzie is winning, and there is no I in team.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:However, very glad to know that Reno is staying. I believe he will be a force to reckon with next season. Right now he has to bide his time behind a very talented senior squad.

I hope he is staying I just spent a lot of money on a team jacket.
"fanof#45" Wrote:You are not Reno's parent. So please preacher don't talk about my kid. I hate it when others put him down. He loves JC and wants to stay. Yeah he can be good on the boards but if he sit on the bench that is the coaches' decision and probably his performance in practise. I want him to get more playing time too. Coach McKenzie is winning, and there is no I in team.
Outstanding post fanof#45 if more people had your attitude there would be less bickering on here.
"blackcatforever" Wrote:Prestonsburg graduates 8 players this year.

yep
Pburg has young players like jordan hall that i look for in years to come
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:Pburg has young players like jordan hall that i look for in years to come

I've seen Jordan Hall play and I'm not that impressed. Give me Bobby Hughes anyday. I think that PHS has some talent that is up and coming but I don't think that it's going to be enough to make them really great.
south floyd all the way
Pages: 1 2