Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 25 years of WYMT.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard that Jay Crawford is coming tonight to do the sports.
Amped 88 Wrote:Heard that Jay Crawford is coming tonight to do the sports.

When was he at ymt? Must be something you older folks remember. :Clap:

Pretty cool. YMT has done a lot for HS sports in EKY. I love that they are doing some games live again. :Clap:
seen some good times in that video
Awesome Video!
25 yrs. of WYMT doesn't seem possible. That blows my mind....
I got to meet Big Dipper my senior year while doing the pigskin preview. He passed away not too long after that it was a honor to meet him. I always loved watching for his picks.
Great video, great song!
They've got it blocked here at work.
I'll def need to check that out later
Now rank the 25 greatest high school football teams or programs of those 25 years !!! My vote goes to one of the Pikeville State Championship teams, just not sure which one I would give it too...followed by the Breathitt County teams of the late 90's and 2004 Belfry Pirates!
You heard right about Jay Crawford..
bball_fan Wrote:Now rank the 25 greatest high school football teams or programs of those 25 years !!! My vote goes to one of the Pikeville State Championship teams, just not sure which one I would give it too...followed by the Breathitt County teams of the late 90's and 2004 Belfry Pirates!

2010 Harlan County Cubs(JV)
[Image: i6t9cdvolbq2cq0evmf7.gif]
My Top 10 programs of the last 25 years are...

1. pikeville
- 192 wins (last 20 years), 9th most wins in the 1990's (state wide), win per (last 20 years): 73%
- 3 state championships (3 in a row), 1 state runner up, 14 regional championships

2. bell county
- 214 wins (last 20 years), 8th most wins in the 1990's (state wide), win per (last 20 years): 81%
- 2 state championships, 9 regional championships

3. breathitt county
- 186 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 73%
- 3 state championships (2 in a row), 1 state runner up, 6 regional championships

4. belfry
- 197 wins (last 20 years), 6th most wins in the 2000's (state wide), win per (last 20 years): 75%
- 2 state championships (2 in a row), 3 state runner up, 6 regional championships

5. rockcastle county
- 191 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 75%
- 2 state runner up, 4 regional championships

6. corbin
- 174 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 68%

7. prestonsburg
- 168 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 67%
- 2 state runner up, 6 regional championships

8. middlesboro
- 170 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 68%
- 1 state championship, 4 regional championships

9. hazard
- 170 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 70%
- 1 state runner up, 3 regional championships

10. somerset
- 137 wins (last 20 years), win per (last 20 years): 58%

*** ALL INFORMATION FOUND AT KHSAA WEBSITE
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:When was he at ymt? Must be something you older folks remember. :Clap:

Pretty cool. YMT has done a lot for HS sports in EKY. I love that they are doing some games live again. :Clap:

I remember him there but don't remember when. Thanks for making me feel old. lol
Great Video!!