Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson vs Knox, Who ya got?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
cougarproud

Cougarproud there a difference between having class and showing your ***. You getting close to the back end. Looks to me after the last game played between JC and LC 8th, the best for both teams was for JC to play in the middle school state tour. and LC play in conference tour.
Interesting predictions thus far. Let's see, they picked Bell to destroy Knox, Knox wins 16-0, then they picked Clay by a couple of TD's, Knox wins 38-8. Now JC is picked to run away with the game and rest their starters, hmm, don't be surprised if they get to rest the remainder of the season. Knox is legit and for anyone to say otherwise is looking to start off season conditioning early.
cougarproud Wrote:I mean the fact that the coach forfieted the entire Big Sandy tournament to go play in the state tournament that they have already been beaten out of but oh well there will be next I guess, but a rematch would have been nice.

What do you mean already beaten out of?

As far as Big Sandy, went undefeated nothing to prove.

If they played in the Conference tournament people would say that they were scared to play in the state because they are afraid to lose. So, there will always be negatives either way you go. If Letcher had a chance to win state that is where they would be too.
cougarproud Wrote:I mean the fact that the coach forfieted the entire Big Sandy tournament to go play in the state tournament that they have already been beaten out of but oh well there will be next I guess, but a rematch would have been nice.

How did the rematch work out for ya in last years conference finals?
Eagle 84, jcfan 90

Coach Blair and I have already spoken and I wished him nothing but the best of luck in the state playoffs. I have no idea who Cougarproud is but I think that he or she feels like some of my kids feel right now. We realize that we came to Johnson Central earlier in the year and laid a big ol' egg and embarassed ourselves with our performance. We are playing much better now and some of our "issues" we were having at the time have been fixed. My guys were really looking forward to a possible re-match if we could have beat Perry Central in the first round because they felt like they owed it to everyone involved including the Johnson Central players and fans to show what they were truly capable of doing whether that be a win or just playing the Eagles a little more respectfully in a Championship game. That's actually a compliment to the Johnson Central program that they bring out the best in my kids and they realize that they did not give their best on that given night. I mean with a 10-1 record wouldn't you guys really want to get one more crack at the one team that beat you especially since the Big Sandy Tournament is being hosted at their home field this year. But like I said, who knows? Perry may have spoiled that rematch anyway by beating us in the first round because Coach Pray always brings his kids ready to play. But guy's let's not get way to over confident at this point, you all have a huge game to win against Knox County so focus on that instead. By the way, Letcher Central has been in the conference for three years and we have played in the championship game every year, that's not shabby to me in my eyes anyway. I think Coach Blair would even tell you that we have beaten some pretty good Johnson Central teams in the past few years, even the great team that had the "Phenom-Beast" Mr. J.J. Jude twice in one year. Me and Eddie both realize that these two programs have made each other better over the years and we both have produced some pretty good high school players because of the rivalry between our teams. Like I said, my kids would have just liked to have gotten one more shot at proving themselves against a great Johnson Central team and you can't blame them for being a little bit let down. But first and foremost I wish the players, coaches and fans nothing but success and good luck in winning the State tournament and I will personally be pulling for you all to win it all this year. Go beat Knox because I have called all of them out by stating on other posts that Johnson Central is going to win that game and letting everyone know just how good you all really are.
JC will not win easy. To think so is crazy. We have a bunch of 8th graders and many are hold backs so we will be ready!!!!

KC 35

JC 21
Coach Howard Wrote:Eagle 84, jcfan 90

Coach Blair and I have already spoken and I wished him nothing but the best of luck in the state playoffs. I have no idea who Cougarproud is but I think that he or she feels like some of my kids feel right now. We realize that we came to Johnson Central earlier in the year and laid a big ol' egg and embarassed ourselves with our performance. We are playing much better now and some of our "issues" we were having at the time have been fixed. My guys were really looking forward to a possible re-match if we could have beat Perry Central in the first round because they felt like they owed it to everyone involved including the Johnson Central players and fans to show what they were truly capable of doing whether that be a win or just playing the Eagles a little more respectfully in a Championship game. That's actually a compliment to the Johnson Central program that they bring out the best in my kids and they realize that they did not give their best on that given night. I mean with a 10-1 record wouldn't you guys really want to get one more crack at the one team that beat you especially since the Big Sandy Tournament is being hosted at their home field this year. But like I said, who knows? Perry may have spoiled that rematch anyway by beating us in the first round because Coach Pray always brings his kids ready to play. But guy's let's not get way to over confident at this point, you all have a huge game to win against Knox County so focus on that instead. By the way, Letcher Central has been in the conference for three years and we have played in the championship game every year, that's not shabby to me in my eyes anyway. I think Coach Blair would even tell you that we have beaten some pretty good Johnson Central teams in the past few years, even the great team that had the "Phenom-Beast" Mr. J.J. Jude twice in one year. Me and Eddie both realize that these two programs have made each other better over the years and we both have produced some pretty good high school players because of the rivalry between our teams. Like I said, my kids would have just liked to have gotten one more shot at proving themselves against a great Johnson Central team and you can't blame them for being a little bit let down. But first and foremost I wish the players, coaches and fans nothing but success and good luck in winning the State tournament and I will personally be pulling for you all to win it all this year. Go beat Knox because I have called all of them out by stating on other posts that Johnson Central is going to win that game and letting everyone know just how good you all really are.
I would say that most of these comments are made by the kids, Coach. I wouldn't buy too much into any of them.

Could something be done in the future to avoid the overlap of the conference tournament and the state playoffs. It apppears to be poor planning and scheduling by someone somewhere. I think it would be very difficult for any team to try to compete in both at the same time and remain focused on either one. Physically I dont see how these kids could stand the pounding and be expected to perform at a high level trying to do both either. Seems to me to be asking way to much out of the kids to try to do both.This is not golf.
Bob Seger,

I agree completely. I have never had a team that could handle playing in both of the tournaments. We discussed in our last Big Sandy meeting a few weeks ago some possibilities to remedy this situation in the future, I know it doesn't help now but maybe we can fix it down road for next year. Eddie and I both know that for him to play my guys on Saturday and turn around and play on Monday would be hard on his boys whether he got a win on Saturday or not in the Big Sandy Tourny. The bad out ways the good in this situation and Coach Blair did what he thought was best for his boys. I personally think that the State playoffs need to be moved forward at least one week next year and the individual conferences needs to push their conference tourny's back one week and this should solve the problem in most cases. This is a problem than can be fixed but it will take some flexibilty by both parties concerned.
middleschoolfootball Wrote:The game will be held at Johnson Centrals field at 3:00. I just have one more thing to say; Knox may have one or two good players, but JC has multiple, both defensive and offensive. They run the ball down your throats, or sail the ball right over you for a touchdown. i have Johnson 42-21! Oh, and watch out for #12, #8, #22, #2, #10, #56, #64...pretty much all their startersTongueirateSho
It is nice to know your 7 good ball players that you listed.We have 11 on offense and 11 on defense that have played since 3rd grade they are all very skilled players. Looks like you are out numbered. watch out for the whole team. It is true you may stop # 35 but it will be in the endzone. Ask clay and Bell about running it down our throats I think they would say that you are wrong. When it is sailed acrossed our heads make sure you have plenty of wind behind it. It just might sail into our hands. I have not seen you play but I will go with Knox against your 7 players.:ChairHit:
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Johnson County going away.... They are probably the best football team in the State this year and it shows.

not even close:lmao:
Knox 24 Jc 0
KC is a very good 8th grade football team and have a very good chance of winning against JC on Saturday. However, KC player and fans need to have two thoughts in their mind on the long trip up to JC. First, you have felt the feeling of losing as a team this year. Second, KC is the visitor for reason.
Eagle84 Wrote:KC is a very good 8th grade football team and have a very good chance of winning against JC on Saturday. However, KC player and fans need to have two thoughts in their mind on the long trip up to JC. First, you have felt the feeling of losing as a team this year. Second, KC is the visitor for reason.

Two very,very,very good 8th grade teams and both are very welol coached. I predict JC by 16 because they are 16pts better. That means that Knox must be a heck of a team themselves.:Thumbs:
cougarproud Wrote:I feel kind of sorry for JC because their coach pulled them out of one tournament that they had a very good chance of walking away a champ to leaving them looking like a chump.

Coach Howard,

My apologies for the earlier post. I should know better than respond to these kinds of comments. I guess after last years championship game my skin is still a little thin. This post and cougarproud's post from another thread about JC having no class and being afriad to play LCC again because they would wipe the field with them was enough to bait me into sticking my foot in my mouth. Again, I apologize for any disrespect to your or your team.
JC Fan 90,
No problem, we have all posted something on here that we wish we could take back as soon as we hit the enter button. Like I said I don't know who Cougarproud is but I am sure that he or she is just a proud Cougar fan that would have liked to of had a chance to see the boys try to redeem themselves from the earlier horrible performance. Having a 10-1 record is nice but you always want a chance to cancel that "1" loss out with another chance. Good luck tomorrow against Knox Co. and hopefully our boys will be able to win a Big Sandy Championship against Perry.
Knox 32 johnson 16 they aint seen hard hits till they play us today.
Prototype Wrote:It is nice to know your 7 good ball players that you listed.We have 11 on offense and 11 on defense that have played since 3rd grade they are all very skilled players. Looks like you are out numbered. watch out for the whole team. It is true you may stop # 35 but it will be in the endzone. Ask clay and Bell about running it down our throats I think they would say that you are wrong. When it is sailed acrossed our heads make sure you have plenty of wind behind it. It just might sail into our hands. I have not seen you play but I will go with Knox against your 7 players.:ChairHit:

Thats why bell beat ya earlier in the year, right?:eyeroll:
Good luck JC

Let's have a rematch when the players are in high school. No,we can't do that since your high school coach and your ad have been running from Johnson Central since Letcher's existance. I will give some respect to their middle schools coaches though,they have the marbles to play and it's a dandy rivalry in my opinion.
goldenbucs Wrote:I don't know about Knox County...but Johnson County has the best high school team in the 8th grade tournament!

Quit crying Nancy! There's not one kid on the JC team that won't be able to play four years of high school football. Are you a Rowan County fan?
Oh, im sorry prototype. I thought we were tlkin aboout all-star football players. JC has at least seven that run 5.0 and 4.9 40's. they do have hold backs, as a matter of fact they have quite a few. but its not illegal, is it? so lets just see how your alls prototypes play against JC's machines!!!:1:
Just a guess:

Johnson--36 Knox 24
All I know is KC 20 JC 12, Johnson has a very good team dont think any of them were high school kids this was a hard fought game. Good luck KC in state hope you win it all
no one really knew how hard knox hit..... i dont think jc been hit that hard in 2 years...two really great teams tho....
delton fms Wrote:not even close:lmao:

Sorry pal but after I saw your team play against Bondurant last week, I believe this is as far as your train can go. I'm not saying you don't have a good team but everyone knows that JCPS teams cannot compete well against south central juggernauts like Knox County or Johnson Co. You think its funny that evryone picked Johnson Co. to win it all and now they got beat. So sorry but that wasn't an upset so you will find it just as hard to handle Knox Co. But Keep your chin up. You guys are still a fine team indeed.
knighted Wrote:Sorry pal but after I saw your team play against Bondurant last week, I believe this is as far as your train can go. I'm not saying you don't have a good team but everyone knows that JCPS teams cannot compete well against south central juggernauts like Knox County or Johnson Co. You think its funny that evryone picked Johnson Co. to win it all and now they got beat. So sorry but that wasn't an upset so you will find it just as hard to handle Knox Co. But Keep your chin up. You guys are still a fine team indeed.

wasnt picked to beat anderson co either!!:dontthink
jceagle5 Wrote:Thats why bell beat ya earlier in the year, right?:eyeroll:
Ok you are right! Our starting Quarter back was out and didn't even play. We also had two other starters out. That is why they beat us. We are the 13th region CHAMPS!!:1:
middleschoolfootball Wrote:Oh, im sorry prototype. I thought we were tlkin aboout all-star football players. JC has at least seven that run 5.0 and 4.9 40's. they do have hold backs, as a matter of fact they have quite a few. but its not illegal, is it? so lets just see how your alls prototypes play against JC's machines!!!:1:
Hungry for some CROW.:1:
Lol
delton fms Wrote:wasnt picked to beat anderson co either!!:dontthink

Good point. Hey good luck. I'll be there watching.
\
Pages: 1 2 3