Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congrats to Cougar Band
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to give a shout out to our Letcher Co Central Marching Band. They placed 2nd in the tournament to go to regionals. Don't know what the name if the tournament was or who all we will be playing against. But I think the top 5 make it to the state tournament. This is the first time I think since 1981 that a Letcher County Band made it to regionals. Whitesburg High School was the first since 1981. Good Luck to the Cougar Band and Dr. Jason Griffin and his staff.
Never mind, here is the information. http://www.kyband.com/
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just wanted to give a shout out to our Letcher Co Central Marching Band. They placed 2nd in the tournament to go to regionals. Don't know what the name if the tournament was or who all we will be playing against. But I think the top 5 make it to the state tournament. This is the first time I think since 1981 that a Letcher County Band made it to regionals. Whitesburg High School was the first since 1981. Good Luck to the Cougar Band and Dr. Jason Griffin and his staff.

I no idea how the state band competition worked until last year. This weekend is Quarterfinals. The way I understood it is that the top 8 from each region (east and west) will make it to semi-finals (that is how it worked in class A last year). Semi-finals will be held at a Louisville area high school. The top 4 in the semi-finals regardless of region will go to finals at Papa John's later that evening.
I do know that semi-finals and finals will be in Louisville this year.

As a proud uncle, I want to give my niece (Drum Major) and nephew (percussion) at Raceland a shout out for making it to Quarter finals again this year.
when i was in school a distinguished performance was an auto-qualifier for state
When this band first started, there was a small number of players. From what we are now to what we was is truly remarkable. We will have 100+ next year and to me that is amazing.