Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What if Hazard and Perry consolidated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would the 14th region be like then? Shoot what would the state be like then? Not just in Boys basketball. But in everything though.
It would be scary if this happen.
I agree. This would be very scary.
not to scary now. they both lost everything. if it would have been 2 years ago, then state would have been there's
dore20 Wrote:What would the 14th region be like then? Shoot what would the state be like then? Not just in Boys basketball. But in everything though.

They would be very good but compared to schools in Lexington, Louisville, Scott Co., Clark Co., Mason Co., Warren Central, Christian Co. etc., they would be better than some but not most.

Actually if they were to consolidate, some players would end up transferring to other schools because only 5 players can start. The transferring between those two schools occur almost every year now.
This would be crazy!! They would win the the 14th Region in both Boys and Girls basketball every year and challenge for the State Championship every year, the football team would most likely challenge for the 5A State Championship every year, and the Baseball and Softball teams would do the same in challenging for the State Championship. Basically they would be given the opportunity to challenge for the State Championship in every sport every year!!
goodguy Wrote:They would be very good but compared to schools in Lexington, Louisville, Scott Co., Clark Co., Mason Co., Warren Central, Christian Co. etc., they would be better than some but not most.

Actually if they were to consolidate, some players would end up transferring to other schools because only 5 players can start. The transferring between those two schools occur almost every year now.

I'll agree with this. This consolidation would make them head and shoulders better than any team in the mountain every year. They would have the potential to make big runs in the sweet 16, and with SV winning it last year, I don't see why this team couldn't either.
I've heard rumors that they may consolidate sometime in the future due to money issues. Hopefully the consolidation NEVER happens though. But if it did, imagine how crazy that last Perry/Hazard game would be.
Aslan Wrote:I'll agree with this. This consolidation would make them head and shoulders better than any team in the mountain every year. They would have the potential to make big runs in the sweet 16, and with SV winning it last year, I don't see why this team couldn't either.
I've heard rumors that they may consolidate sometime in the future due to money issues. Hopefully the consolidation NEVER happens though. But if it did, imagine how crazy that last Perry/Hazard game would be.

wofle would still beat them,
Khsaa records go back to the 97/98 season. Hazard may have dominated of late, but Perry leads the series 23-17. It's pretty clear, the sideline Big Al is coaching on, has been the overwhelming victor.
mhshow21 Wrote:wofle would still beat them,

Wolfe can't even beat them now as separate schools so I wouldn't be talking!

The last time Wolfe County beat Hazard was Jan. 25th 2006.

The last time Wolfe County beat Perry Co. Central was Mar. 9th 2001.
leecoukfan Wrote:Wolfe can't even beat them now as separate schools so I wouldn't be talking!

The last time Wolfe County beat Hazard was Jan. 25th 2006.

The last time Wolfe County beat Perry Co. Central was Mar. 9th 2001.

Good Post..."Enough Said"
Aslan Wrote:Khsaa records go back to the 97/98 season. Hazard may have dominated of late, but Perry leads the series 23-17. It's pretty clear, the sideline Big Al is coaching on, has been the overwhelming victor.

Al is a excellent coach and has dominated the game weather wearing navy or red, I just got a question for you, would you rather see Holland or Hatcher coaching this team?
MVP2 Wrote:Al is a excellent coach and has dominated the game weather wearing navy or red, I just got a question for you, would you rather see Holland or Hatcher coaching this team?

That's a tough call. I like them both. Hatcher is a better x's and o's coach, obsessed with getting a stop every time the other team has the ball. His teams don't have the ball handlers, and chemistry that Al's team has though. Al is better at managing talent and getting it to mesh together to be a more effective offensive team. There both great in big games. Hatcher's been to three straight regional finals, haven't been able to get over the hump, but I don't feel like it was his fault. Since Hatcher has come to Perry Al's had the best of the matchup so far.
Not to mention the soccer and volleyball teams. Pretty much every sport would be a region powerhouse and a state threat. Plus id love to see some of those Hazard kids on the Wrestling team
Never happen, as long as Happy is still alive! He would never let something like this happen to the Dogs. Simple, Dogs and Dores do not mix... PERIOD!
mhshow21 Wrote:wofle would still beat them,

LOL guy, seriously?
Unstoppable....
Wall4president Wrote:Never happen, as long as Happy is still alive! He would never let something like this happen to the Dogs. Simple, Dogs and Dores do not mix... PERIOD!

We would use the name that was originally intended for the Dores..The WOLFPACK!!.lol
king360 Wrote:We would use the name that was originally intended for the Dores..The WOLFPACK!!.lol

[Image: wmlv7qhd98r40tn9cb0i.jpg]
Wall4president Wrote:Never happen, as long as Happy is still alive! He would never let something like this happen to the Dogs. Simple, Dogs and Dores do not mix... PERIOD!

Happy probably couldn't do much about it if Hazard didn't have the funds to keep going.
Hazard has been down to the bottom of the back account a few times and have been bailed out by donations.
If it happens again and no one is their to bail them out they won't have a choice.
I hope it happens..I want to contend for some state gold.lol
king360 Wrote:We would use the name that was originally intended for the Dores..The WOLFPACK!!.lol

That would just be to sweet
dore20 Wrote:That would just be to sweet

Indeed.
I'm loving the avatar btw. Foley is the man!