Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best O-Line in State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What school has the overall best O-Line and who are the best individual O-Line men in the state.
well i'll get this one started imo from what i've read and seen greenup's o-line is probably one of the best. they physically punish people, and weeks i havent been able to see them they are in the news paper so from what ive seen and read it would be them but there are alot of others out there what do u think?
without a doubt Phelps, #63 is a athlete! He can give any team the momentum they need!
I would start by looking here:

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats.htm

Teams that put up these kinds of numbers on offense, usually have an outstanding offensive line. :Thumbs:
where is phelps from and i agree i mean look at corey lyle but the two best linemen greenup had are cole potter and brian grayson
PHS3 Wrote:without a doubt Phelps, #63 is a athlete! He can give any team the momentum they need!

#63 might be an athlete but this is about the O-Line as a unit.

Phelps is not on the radar of the stats page on the KHSAA website. They are a 2-7 team that doesn't really belong in the discussion at all. They were even shut out by a Pikeville. What I saw of them against Danville was not good. So no, I wouldn't include them in this discussion at all.
2A Murray High School has one of the Best O-Line in the state from Tackle to Tackle they average 270lbs, Olive 6,3-305lbs Robinson 5,9-225lbs Wright 6,3-295lbs Jones-5,10-250lbs Bandares 6,2-300 lbs and also behind this big Line they rush for a average of 282 yards a game,sometimes never passing one time.
Haven't seen them play this year, but Bell County is usually very good up front offensively.
Hatz Wrote:I would start by looking here:

Teams that put up these kinds of numbers on offense, usually have an outstanding offensive line. :Thumbs:

Interested to see that Somerset is one of the top scoring teams in the state, but they don't have a single individual passer, rusher or receiver among the state's top 15.

The Jumpers also are not among the top 15 rushing teams or the top 15 passing teams.

Now that's balance.
Hatz Wrote:I would start by looking here:

:Thumbs:That is where I would start.
Bell has one of the best lines i have seen this year. Knox Central line is Big and pretty good
Isn't one of bell countys lineman 6 foot 6.

The two O lines I would pick would be Bell Co. and Johnson Central.
Jared Deaton from Perry is a pretty good offensive linemen. Wouldnt say one of the best in the state but pretty good.
Murray plays such a terribly fluffy schedule, it is hard to assess them. The fact they pad their stats with the Fultons while dodging Mayfield is lamentable. They do have hosses but they also have not played true speed.
king360 Wrote:Jared Deaton from Perry is a pretty good offensive linemen. Wouldnt say one of the best in the state but pretty good.

Whose that big #76 for PCC? He looked around 6'8, he was huge!
Pride and Football Wrote:Whose that big #76 for PCC? He looked around 6'8, he was huge!

Dillion Cornett, Im pretty sure hes being recruited by quite a few D1 schools, but these past 2 games I've been dissapointed to say the least.
I see why, that kid was huge, I bet Robinson is being heavily recruited also.
Pride and Football Wrote:I see why, that kid was huge, I bet Robinson is being heavily recruited also.

Not real sure..but I did here somone mention that Pikeville said if he grew another inch or 2 they wouldnt even try to get him..lol
king360 Wrote:Not real sure..but I did here somone mention that Pikeville said if he grew another inch or 2 they wouldnt even try to get him..lol

They may try to recruit him in Basketball then lmao.
Pride and Football Wrote:They may try to recruit him in Basketball then lmao.

Lost me..lol
I mean him being around 7 foot he would be a good basketball player but i was just kidding because I bet College football coaches would almost kill to get someone that size.
ryle's o-line is easily up there. 2264 yards rushing between 3 different players
The way Harlan County's line is playing I would have to say they are one of the best!
Pride and Football Wrote:I mean him being around 7 foot he would be a good basketball player but i was just kidding because I bet College football coaches would almost kill to get someone that size.

I meant they said if matt grew a few more inches.lol
Ohhh my bad lol. Well there both good athletes.
Pride and Football Wrote:Ohhh my bad lol. Well there both good athletes.

Yeah..hopefull matt does grow..his dad it about 6'2 i think and his bro about 6'3 or 6'4
king360 Wrote:Yeah..hopefull matt does grow..his dad it about 6'2 i think and his bro about 6'3 or 6'4

Did Matt get his talent from his dad? Or did football just come natural to him?
Pride and Football Wrote:Did Matt get his talent from his dad? Or did football just come natural to him?

I dont really know his dad that well but people say he was gonna play for the cowboys but blew out his knee, dont know if its true or not.
Harlan has a very strong O-Line. Saw them at weight meet this year. Bell is big and very good. Their RT is excellent. Knox has a good Oline. Gilliam was last years Dlineman of the year and could win it for both O and D this year. Nobody blocks him well and he blocks most well. JC has JJ Jude so their Oline is allowed to nap as needed. Then again, when Bell runs the sweep with Davenport; their Oline could probably take a knee and he'd score.
i would have to say Louisville Western, their Whole O line are 300 pounders plus ,not to mention 6'1 Donavon Farley who TRIMMED down during the off season from 372 to 338
Pages: 1 2 3