Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite Bible Verse/Passage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your Favorite Bible Verse or Passage?

Psalm 23? John 3:16? Isaiah 55?

If you have a personal connection or reason for one being your favorite, feel free to share.
Pslams 136:12. with a strong hand,and outstretched arm, for his love endureth forever.
Proverbs 3,5,6,: Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...

In all your ways acknowledge him.

And he will make your paths straight..
Luke 22:42 The pastor at my church called this the most dangerous prayer. Some reason this verse struck a cord with me when he talked about this. I prayed it over and over that night. I could not get it out of my head. The next day, I was invited to be a church camp counselor and a few weeks later, I was asked to teach Sunday school.To me, it is a reminder of who is really in control of our lives.
Jarons Wrote:Luke 22:42 The pastor at my church called this the most dangerous prayer. Some reason this verse struck a cord with me when he talked about this. I prayed it over and over that night. I could not get it out of my head. The next day, I was invited to be a church camp counselor and a few weeks later, I was asked to teach Sunday school.To me, it is a reminder of who is really in control of our lives.

Amen brother!
Good stuff so far! Great story Jarons. What ages do you teach?
LWC Wrote:Good stuff so far! Great story Jarons. What ages do you teach?

Third grade boys
Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
Stardust Wrote:Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

:Thumbs:..That one is my fav too.
I don't have a favorite bible verse or passage, but I do like this bible verse:

Luke 21:28 Wrote:And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

I really like anything that points to the rapture. Smile It's an event I really want to happen soon.
The LORD is my light and my salvation;whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 27:1
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I don't have a favorite bible verse or passage, but I do like this bible verse:

I really like anything that points to the rapture. Smile It's an event I really want to happen soon.

That will certainly be a day, wont it!

HawksRule Wrote:The LORD is my light and my salvation;whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 27:1

If God be for us, who can be against us, right?
1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version)
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
i love ALL THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED AMEN
zaga_fan Wrote:1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version)
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

:Thumbs: I heard about this bible verse, but I wasn't sure where it was in the bible.

...Now that I've read all of 1 Corinthians 10, I actually like the whole chapter! You can learn a lot from it. Smile
Deathstar 80 Wrote::Thumbs: I heard about this bible verse, but I wasn't sure where it was in the bible.

...Now that I've read all of 1 Corinthians 10, I actually like the whole chapter! You can learn a lot from it. Smile

I like everything Paul wrote.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
I love you, Lord. You are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior. My God is my rock. I can run to him for safety. He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender. I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I will be saved from my enemies.
Psalms 18:1-3
Luke 5:31-32 really hits home for me. I posted this in another thread but I use it in ministry as a reminder that the lost are the ones that need salvation, and we can never forget them.

Quote:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are in health have no need of a physician; but they that are sick.
32 I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.
And, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
-Matthew 28:20

Didn't run upon it in church, but in a book written by Bear Grylls.
Psalm 100:
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord,all ye lands.Serve the LORD with gladness:come before his presence with singing.Know ye that the LORD he is God:it is he that hath made us,and not we ourselves;we are his people,and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,and into his courts with praise:be thankful unto him,and bless his name.For the LORD is good;his mercy is everlasting;and his truth endureth to all generations.
Luke 15:10
Likewise,i say unto you,there is joy
in the presence of the angels of God over one
sinner that repenteth.
After reading these passages/verses it just reminds me how beautiful the Bible really is.
LWC Wrote:After reading these passages/verses it just reminds me how beautiful the Bible really is.

Amen brother.:Thumbs: