Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Cats' Pause 2010-2011 14th Region Team and Player Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Perry Co. Central
2. Letcher Co. Central
3. Knott Co. Central
4. Leslie Co.
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Powell Co.
7. Hazard
8. Estill Co.
9. Wolfe Co.
10. Owsley Co.

1. Kendall Noble - Perry Co. Central
2. Kelah Eldridge - Letcher Co. Central
3. Hillary Moore - Leslie Co.
4. Kayla Rankin - Perry Co. Central
5. Paige Slone - Knott Co. Central
6. Peyton Wright - Owsley Co.
7. Whitney Back - Perry Co. Central
8. Kelsie Jacobs - Knott Co. Central
9. Erica Meade - Letcher Co. Central
10. Chelsea Alexander - Estill Co.
leecoukfan Wrote:1. Perry Co. Central
2. Letcher Co. Central
3. Knott Co. Central
4. Leslie Co.
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Powell Co.
7. Hazard
8. Estill Co.
9. Wolfe Co.
10. Owsley Co.

1. Kendall Noble - Perry Co. Central
2. Kelah Eldridge - Letcher Co. Central
3. Hillary Moore - Leslie Co.
4. Kayla Rankin - Perry Co. Central
5. Paige Slone - Knott Co. Central
6. Peyton Wright - Owsley Co.
7. Whitney Back - Perry Co. Central
8. Kelsie Jacobs - Knott Co. Central
9. Erica Meade - Letcher Co. Central
10. Chelsea Alexander - Estill Co.

Pratt from PCC should be up there, she is better than what people give her credit for.
Barring a major let down I don't see anyone beating out Perry Central for the Regional Title!
What will be Perrys closest game?
dore20 Wrote:What will be Perrys closest game?

In the 14th Region their toughest games will most likely be with Letcher Central and Leslie County which both are very good teams but it will take alot to beat the Lady Commodores and I don't think they can do that.

Overall their toughest In-State game will be against Scott County who is already being considered the leading candidate to win the Girl's Sweet 16 this year! PCC is also playing in the Sunshine Classic in Daytona Beach, Florida so I would imagine whoever they play in that would be the toughest.
LCC is the most overlooked second place team in the state. The Lady Cougars are given no chance to win the 14th region. Most people outside of Letcher County give us no chance at all. I hope Randy Napier and PCC continue to overlook LCC.
username1 Wrote:LCC is the most overlooked second place team in the state. The Lady Cougars are given no chance to win the 14th region. Most people outside of Letcher County give us no chance at all. I hope Randy Napier and PCC continue to overlook LCC.

Letcher wouldnt beat Perry without Kendall.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Pratt from PCC should be up there, she is better than what people give her credit for.

No way she is top 10 in the region.
When she was at Cordia she did well but on that team she had free reign to shoot the ball whenever she wanted.
That won't be the case at PCC.
She'll be a good role player though.
The Commodores now having Noble, that puts them head and shoulders above everyone else in the region. I think KCC/LCC will battle it out for who is 2nd best in the region. I don't think anyone will come close of beating PCC in the 14th but that is why the games are played. I also would put Rankin as the 2nd best player on the list, girl is only a freshman and she is a beast.
king360 Wrote:Letcher wouldnt beat Perry without Kendall.

No one will ever know. Last year Perry beat LCC in the regular season but lost to Knott County in the regional tournament by eighteen who had lost to LCC in the district final by nine. One thing is factual, Letcher County Central girls are the only ones in the region who have experience beating Kendall. I agree that Perry Central is the heavy favorite to win the region. If they don't, it doesn't matter who wins it, Perry Central will be teased unmercifully because it would be the underachievement of a lifetime. So the pressure is on for Randy and his East Kentucky All-Stars. If Letcher Central doesn't win, it will be no surprise as they are favored by no one. If they do, it will be a shock for everyone and a great achievement for a group of well disciplined girls who have spent every day of their high school years at Letcher Central and have played together for a very long time.
I don't think 2010/2011 Perry is any better than 2009/2010 Breathitt.
Breathitt did not breeze through the regional tournament, other than the championship game.
username1 Wrote:I don't think 2010/2011 Perry is any better than 2009/2010 Breathitt.
Breathitt did not breeze through the regional tournament, other than the championship game.

I think this Perry team is the best group of girls we've seen in a few years.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think this Perry team is the best group of girls we've seen in a few years.

Yeah I agree with you, their lineup has to be the best in the mountains!
Is Paige Slone related to Elmer Slone that was at Alice Lloyd in the print shop?
LionEagle Wrote:Is Paige Slone related to Elmer Slone that was at Alice Lloyd in the print shop?

lol
no idea
This region would have been a shootout if not for Noble transferring to PCC. With Noble PCC could have one of the best teams to come from the mountains in a long time. The only question is if those girls gel as a team and if they do they could be a really special team. Knott and Letcher could make a run but if all teams play to the best of their ability I dont see anyone beating PCC but crazy things have happened before. Good luck to all teams involved.
I can't remember when it was but, one year the Hazard boys basketball team had the overall best team in the region. They were above everyone, blowing away every 14th team they had played. Everyone said that that team was RUPP bound, but they eventually lost in region(cant remember who beat them).

Yeah I do believe that the Lady Commodores will win the region, but they will be tested.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I can't remember when it was but, one year the Hazard boys basketball team had the overall best team in the region. They were above everyone, blowing away every 14th team they had played. Everyone said that that team was RUPP bound, but they eventually lost in region(cant remember who beat them).

Yeah I do believe that the Lady Commodores will win the region, but they will be tested.

I do remember a Perry Central boys team in 2002 that won 26 straight games and was ranked in the top twenty in the state and lost in the regional semifinals on their home floor.
The Lady Commodores are by far the best on paper but no one is going to say "here is the 14th region title" take it. They are going to have to earn it and they'll get everyones best game.
MVP2 Wrote:The Lady Commodores are by far the best on paper but no one is going to say "here is the 14th region title" take it. They are going to have to earn it and they'll get everyones best game.

Agreed.
I have looked and looked for a cat's pause yearbook 2010-11 and can't locate one in this area. If anyone has a copy I am wondering who the top 10 girls players are in the 1st region. Thank you so much!
graves1 Wrote:I have looked and looked for a cat's pause yearbook 2010-11 and can't locate one in this area. If anyone has a copy I am wondering who the top 10 girls players are in the 1st region. Thank you so much!

1. Averee Fields - Calloway County
2. Chelsey Shumpert - Paducah Tilghman
3. Bonnie Durrett - Community Christian
4. Haley Armstrong - Murray
5. Janssen Starks - Murray
6. Margaret Thomas - Marshall County
7. Abby Shelley - Ballard Memorial
8. Kim Fulcher - Graves County
9. Hayden Dunigan - Graves County
10. Sian House - Murray
new guy Wrote:This region would have been a shootout if not for Noble transferring to PCC. With Noble PCC could have one of the best teams to come from the mountains in a long time. The only question is if those girls gel as a team and if they do they could be a really special team. Knott and Letcher could make a run but if all teams play to the best of their ability I dont see anyone beating PCC but crazy things have happened before. Good luck to all teams involved.
It is called one turned ankle, knee, or foul trouble from changing the outcome of a game.
graves1 Wrote:I have looked and looked for a cat's pause yearbook 2010-11 and can't locate one in this area. If anyone has a copy I am wondering who the top 10 girls players are in the 1st region. Thank you so much!

You can go to this link to see where they're selling them in your area: http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?S...CID=996126
I don't think that there is in a team that can keep up with-in 20 points with PCC this year.
Perry Central will have the most talent. Four solid teams in region
PCC should dominate this region this year but I still don't understand why Kendall would leave Breathitt and go to PCC. It's not like she is going to a more talented team. If PCC gets a good draw in the Sweet Sixteen they may make it to the second round of the Sweet Sixteen but that is pushing it at best.
If Kendall would have stayed at Breathitt they would have been the pre-season favorites but the teams would have been neck and neck because graduation was making Breathitt more vulnerable every year because they do not have very strong young players. The region probably would have been wide open and after this year, with Shouse and Bowen(even if she stayed) graduated, Breathitt would have been done as far as the Sweet Sixteen. If she had stayed at Breathitt, PCC would have still won twenty games. Breathitt, without Noble, will be lucky to have a winning season. So, yes Perry has a better supporting class than Breathitt as does Letcher, Knott, and Leslie. Can Perry get by the early rounds of the Sweet Sixteen, that remains to be seen as they have to win the district and region first. Champions are crowned on the court, not on Bluegrass rivals where narrow minded peons(such as myself) spout off their opinions.