Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Miami Heat - Quit crowning them champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a avid fan of the NBA it annoys me for everyone to think the Miami Heat are the best team in the league and that they will the NBA championship. No, I'm not a hater, just a realist. LAKERS are still the cream of the crop. To be honest, I'm finding it hard to believe they are the favorites in the East. Thats right, I said it, in the East. Boston may be another year older but they are very much loaded and deep. Miami has two superstars in D-WADE and LBJ. An overrated power forward in Chris Bosh. He plays way too soft and more of a finesse type player that likes to shoot fade-aways. Give me someone that wants to body up, can take contact and hammer it home. He will simply get bullied down low by Boston. The only other scoring threat is Mike Miller. He will simply be open and get easy buckets because of the other 3. Point guards duties is below mediocre, Carlos Arroyo and Mario Chalmers. Really? The rest of this Miami team is mostly washed up, or just happy to be on the team. Joel Anthony? Juwan Howard? Big Z? Jamaal Magloire? Eddie House? Udonis Haslem? Simply put, the Miami Heat may have a great 1-2 punch but their depth is...well, they have none. And D-WADE being injury prone nearly year in and year out means LBJ will have to try and carry this team on his back. Needless to say Miami Heat will NOT win a championship. Another rematch of Boston and the Lakers in the Finals. You can that to the bank.

Disclaimer: Not a fan of the teams mentioned.
Sorry Charlie - Lol, I just couldn't resist...

Charlie, I'm going on record to tell you now - MIAMI HEAT - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS. There you have it, I DID crown them NBA Champions!
I have said the exact same thing the whole time. Lakers/Boston. With Laker taking home the trophy. I dont even believe the Heat is the best team in florida, definitely NOT the NBA.
Lakers are still the favorites, wouldn't be surprised if the Heat won though.
OMG.. Shush this up you basketball noob.. I'll give credit where credit is due, Boston has one heck of a team.. But who are you to say they won't get paired up with Orlando and get their *** whipped? Orlando is real, and the Heat is real.. I haven't seen anything fancy from Kobe yet so until then let's let bi-gon's be bi-gons and give the nod to the futue NBA champs.. Let's be real for a second, they have 3 out of the top 10 scoring individuals in the NBA today!?!?!?!?!?!? I guess that's nothing big.. I'm really tired of threads like this.. I can't wait to post a nice crow eating thread for all of the naysayers... Get ready to eat crow.. It's coming!! And as for Eddie House, Udonis, Big Z being weatherd??!?!?!?!?!?? These guys have never been in big games??? NOT... are you serious?
Aslan Wrote:Lakers are still the favorites, wouldn't be surprised if the Heat won though.

And this is the first kudos from Aslan too the Heat before the season starts.
You guys also crowned The Cavs the Champs for 2 years straight....
^ I never once said Cavs would be champs, EVER.. NEVER have I said it.. but, IMO you can;t go wrong with this Miami Heat team. They got all of the fire-power they need.
Stardust Wrote:Sorry Charlie - Lol, I just couldn't resist...

Charlie, I'm going on record to tell you now - MIAMI HEAT - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS. There you have it, I DID crown them NBA Champions!

I would like for you to enlighten me on what makes you think the Miami Heat are going win? They do not match up well with Orlando, Boston, or LA. Even Chicago will give them fits. Miami's front court will easily be pushed around and Bosh will be a non-factor versus the teams mentioned. Had LeBron really wanted to win a title, he would have had a better chance in Chicago with Rose and Boozer as his sidekicks. Another topic for another day. Miami will have a great year but will come short of the title. Unless Riley decides to take over the reigns, because I definitely wouldn't bet on Spoelstra righting the ship.
Boozer And rose Over Wade And Bosh>?

YOur kidding right?
Ballers Wrote:^ I never once said Cavs would be champs, EVER.. NEVER have I said it.. but, IMO you can;t go wrong with this Miami Heat team. They got all of the fire-power they need.

As in you guys, i didnt say ballers,
Charlie Wrote:I would like for you to enlighten me on what makes you think the Miami Heat are going win? They do not match up well with Orlando, Boston, or LA. Even Chicago will give them fits. Miami's front court will easily be pushed around and Bosh will be a non-factor versus the teams mentioned. Had LeBron really wanted to win a title, he would have had a better chance in Chicago with Rose and Boozer as his sidekicks. Another topic for another day. Miami will have a great year but will come short of the title. Unless Riley decides to take over the reigns, because I definitely wouldn't bet on Spoelstra righting the ship.

No one in the East can come close to matching up with Miami, what what a complete non-issue the front court is. Let's be real, front-court basketball has been a non-factor in winning championships since the 80's! The Bulls won 6 championships with EXACTLY the same set-up that the Heat have. As for this years Bulls, Boozer has never ever been a factor and will do nothing for the Bulls but find a way to allow his "INJUIRES" put free money in his pocket just as it did with the Jazz.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Boozer And rose Over Wade And Bosh>?

YOur kidding right?

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. IF LeBron wants to win championships in the future he would have a better chance in Chicago. And yes, Boozer and Rose would be his sidekicks. The point you are missing is that Chicago's young nucleus is much better for the long haul. Rather than the weathered, lethargic so called depth Miami has because they had to find the cheapest talent money could buy simply to fill out the roster.
Stardust Wrote:No one in the East can come close to matching up with Miami, what what a complete non-issue the front court is. Let's be real, front-court basketball has been a non-factor in winning championships since the 80's! The Bulls won 6 championships with EXACTLY the same set-up that the Heat have. As for this years Bulls, Boozer has never ever been a factor and will do nothing for the Bulls but find a way to allow his "INJUIRES" put free money in his pocket just as it did with the Jazz.

I take it you must do standup, because comparing the 90s Bulls to this years Heat is downright laughable. :thatsfunn
Charlie Wrote:As a avid fan of the NBA it annoys me for everyone to think the Miami Heat are the best team in the league and that they will the NBA championship. No, I'm not a hater, just a realist. LAKERS are still the cream of the crop. To be honest, I'm finding it hard to believe they are the favorites in the East. Thats right, I said it, in the East. Boston may be another year older but they are very much loaded and deep. Miami has two superstars in D-WADE and LBJ. An overrated power forward in Chris Bosh. He plays way too soft and more of a finesse type player that likes to shoot fade-aways. Give me someone that wants to body up, can take contact and hammer it home. He will simply get bullied down low by Boston. The only other scoring threat is Mike Miller. He will simply be open and get easy buckets because of the other 3. Point guards duties is below mediocre, Carlos Arroyo and Mario Chalmers. Really? The rest of this Miami team is mostly washed up, or just happy to be on the team. Joel Anthony? Juwan Howard? Big Z? Jamaal Magloire? Eddie House? Udonis Haslem? Simply put, the Miami Heat may have a great 1-2 punch but their depth is...well, they have none. And D-WADE being injury prone nearly year in and year out means LBJ will have to try and carry this team on his back. Needless to say Miami Heat will NOT win a championship. Another rematch of Boston and the Lakers in the Finals. You can that to the bank.

Disclaimer: Not a fan of the teams mentioned.

[Image: YouMad.jpg?1260647699]

You mad, bro?

"because I definitely wouldn't bet on Spoelstra righting the ship."

What? When did something become wrong with the ship? Well, say "so long!" to the ship, because it just sailed out of port with your credibility aboard.

Do not feed the troll men...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:As in you guys, i didnt say ballers,

No harm no foul. Just meant that I never thought Cavs were going to be a NBA championship squad nor have I said they would.
Charlie Wrote:Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. IF LeBron wants to win championships in the future he would have a better chance in Chicago. And yes, Boozer and Rose would be his sidekicks. The point you are missing is that Chicago's young nucleus is much better for the long haul. Rather than the weathered, lethargic so called depth Miami has because they had to find the cheapest talent money could buy simply to fill out the roster.

Wade and Bosh are still young and have many years left.. A lot more than Mister MVP Kobe does.
Stardust Wrote:No one in the East can come close to matching up with Miami, what what a complete non-issue the front court is. Let's be real, front-court basketball has been a non-factor in winning championships since the 80's! The Bulls won 6 championships with EXACTLY the same set-up that the Heat have. As for this years Bulls, Boozer has never ever been a factor and will do nothing for the Bulls but find a way to allow his "INJUIRES" put free money in his pocket just as it did with the Jazz.

But SD, their in Chicago.. Ya' know.. Basketball history started here.
IMO, Chiacago is the new Utah Jazz, only with a different point guard.
The Lakers don't even have their rings yet.
The Lakers are the champs right now and you can crown whoever you want.
Go get em some tiaras at Wal*Mart while they have the halloween stuff out.
Until the Lakers lose in the playoffs they are the team to beat.
zaga_fan Wrote:The Lakers don't even have their rings yet.

Yup, they are the team to beat..
If you mean your team is the Sacramento Kings, your one win away from making the playoffs.

You want it to be against L.A., cause you know for sure you will be making it!
zaga_fan Wrote:The Lakers don't even have their rings yet.

Yep.
Ballers Wrote:Yup, they are the team to beat..
If you mean your team is the Sacramento Kings, your one win away from making the playoffs.

Definitely....
since the Wizards are going to be a big force in the West this year.
^ lol, that has nothing to do with the topic...
Ballers Wrote:^ lol, that has nothing to do with the topic...

Neither was your comment about the Kings needing one win to make it to the playoffs and they would get it from the Lakers.
I was just riding further on down the road you paved for us all to go off-topic on Wink
Actually the Lakers are the champs this year, so yes it does kindly have something do with them on the topic. Try again.
Ballers Wrote:Yup, they are the team to beat..

Can a mod please end this argument that I'm tired of being a part of?

Is that statement on topic?
This thread is labeled "Miami Heat - Quit crowning them champs".
I just don't see how it is on-topic or any more on-topic that mine was that Ballers won't shut up about.
**officially retiring from NBA related threads until the season starts and it matters because you can't argue with Ballers. He simply doesn't have enough respect for other people's opinions to make these threads enjoyable**
zaga_fan Wrote:Can a mod please end this argument that I'm tired of being a part of?

Is that statement on topic?
This thread is labeled "Miami Heat - Quit crowning them champs".
I just don't see how it is on-topic or any more on-topic that mine was that Ballers won't shut up about.

Well I checked the site for baby smilies and only found this.
[Image: 7gi3icnyzhp15utw5yv.gif]
If D-Wade can stay healthy so Lebron won't have to carry the team, and they click well, I expect the Heat to make a deep run and win the Finals.
The Lakers are the champs. They will be the 2010 champs until the final game of the NBA Finals that will take place next year. The Miami Heat are a great team that most think will contend for the championship.

There we go. That sums it up.

Zaga why are you whining? Instead of asking a mod to close a thread when it gets off-topic how about you ignore the non-sense and get it back on topic? Stop being butthurt over every little thing and either stop posting in the thread or get it back on topic yourself, ya know?

With that said, I think this Charlie guy is a fan of one of the teams negatively affected by the big trade this summer and is taking it a little to far. The Heat are extremely talented, that's why everyone are saying they're going to win it all. Duh. It won't stop until they either win it all or lose it all. Simple as that.
Pages: 1 2