Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. 56 North Laurel 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Colonels played great tonight. They were up 49-6 in the 3rd when they pulled the starters. North simply didnt have an answer for the run as the Colonels once again racked up around 600 yards in total offense.
North Laurel didnt have a chance to get anything going in this one. The colonels could have eaily put up 80 on the scoreboard but did the right thing by yanking the starters. Should be a good one net week when Perry comes to two in a battle for third place in the district.:flame:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The Colonels played great tonight. They were up 49-6 in the 3rd when they pulled the starters. North simply didnt have an answer for the run as the Colonels once again racked up around 600 yards in total offense.
North Laurel didnt have a chance to get anything going in this one. The colonels could have eaily put up 80 on the scoreboard but did the right thing by yanking the starters. Should be a good one net week when Perry comes to two in a battle for third place in the district.:flame:
:rockon::rockon::rockon:
congrats to WC
Whitley was very impressive tonight after they settled down.Great job guys keep up the hard work,it will pay off for ya!
Congrats Whitley! Good win.
Congrats Whitley!!
whitley over perry i'll call it first......and cograts on the win.:rockon:
Boo Boo bear Wrote:whitley over perry i'll call it first......and cograts on the win.:rockon:

I've been calling it for 3 weeks:biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:North Laurel didnt have a chance to get anything going in this one. The colonels could have eaily put up 80 on the scoreboard but did the right thing by yanking the starters. Should be a good one net week when Perry comes to two in a battle for third place in the district.:flame:

Really?

NL scored 1st, held WC several times.
They just couldn't stop Fullback Power, I'd say he had over 200 yards.

It was 20-6 and NL was driving inside the 20 yard line for a score and they called an awful Offensive Pass Interference Penalty against NL.

NL fumbled 2 Kickoffs for TD's for Whitley County and WC ran back an onside kick. NL kept moving the ball all night on the defense, but couldn't avoid the 3rd down penalties.

Good Luck to WC next week, I'm very confident they will be #3 seed in the district.
3wishes Wrote:Really?

NL scored 1st, held WC several times.
They just couldn't stop Fullback Power, I'd say he had over 200 yards.

It was 20-6 and NL was driving inside the 20 yard line for a score and they called an awful Offensive Pass Interference Penalty against NL.

NL fumbled 2 Kickoffs for TD's for Whitley County and WC ran back an onside kick. NL kept moving the ball all night on the defense, but couldn't avoid the 3rd down penalties.

Good Luck to WC next week, I'm very confident they will be #3 seed in the district.

Yes actually i do believe that.
Whitley was up 20-6 at the end of the first quarter, Norths TD came on a 70 yard run on their first possession when Whitley decided to start playing, it was all Whitley from there on out.
Whitley FB Bramlett did have over 200 yards rushing and NL never really stopped Whitley, i believe Whitley even went for it on 4th down four or five times and got it each time knowing North couldnt stop them.
As i had said before, this North teams is the worst i have seen in a while. They usually put quite a bit of speed on the field but didnt seem to have any tonight. I believe if it was for #42 they would have an offense at all.
Overall, good win by Whitley, but it means nothing, everybody expected this one, playing Perry next week is the one i have been waiting for.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes actually i do believe that.
Whitley was up 20-6 at the end of the first quarter, Norths TD came on a 70 yard run on their first possession when Whitley decided to start playing, it was all Whitley from there on out.
Whitley FB Bramlett did have over 200 yards rushing and NL never really stopped Whitley, i believe Whitley even went for it on 4th down four or five times and got it each time knowing North couldnt stop them.
As i had said before, this North teams is the worst i have seen in a while. They usually put quite a bit of speed on the field but didnt seem to have any tonight. I believe if it was for #42 they would have an offense at all.
Overall, good win by Whitley, but it means nothing, everybody expected this one, playing Perry next week is the one i have been waiting for.

Lot's of youth on the NL team with great attitude. They play hard with what they have out there. Will be ok in the future
I think this was the great breakout game that the Colonels were looking for to gain some confidence to finish up the season! The PCC game should be interesting! Congrats Whitley Co.!!
Anybody know anything about the NL player, #11 that had to leave after halftime.