Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: TNA...the next WCW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in the past year, TNA has went down hill. With Bischoff coming in, i heard Russo was there, hogan calling the shots. TNA is turning into WCW. Not the good WCW either, the one where they had to be bought by vince. TNA needs to go back to basics and give people what they want. This garbage that they are doing now is not even worth watching. Go back to the six sides, that was something inventive. have the real story lines again. Don't do past mistakes that other companies have failed on. They are doing that. If they keep it up TNA will be a bigger Joke than WCW was when they went under.
I like the new TNA better than the old TNA. I hated the 6 sided ring.
^
Amen!
I could take the 6 sided ring or leave it. I don't know that it added much to the product. I know that it is used in Mexico with Lucha Libre, but as for American wrestling, we have made it for decades with a 4 sided ring. Plus it would be hard to call it the "squared cirle" if it isn't an actual square.

Obviously, there are alot of things TNA can do better. The truth is, however, that guys who truly know how to book pro wrestling no longer exist. WWE is written by soap opera writers (Freddie Prinz, jr. was on the staff at one point for crying out loud) and TNA is written by guys who have already proven that they have no clue how to run a major pro wrestling company without killing it.

Pro wrestling has been dying a slow death since the early 80s and, unfortunately, today is the result of that. The main problem is that, back in the day, the guys that ran the promotion were rarely on screen and the talent knew its place. The main event guys knew that they were main event guys because they were booked that way and not because they were actually stars. Somewhere along the way guys, actually, started believing that because they were the champion that they really were bigger than the company and, by the mid 80s, most of the guys running the companies were not traditional wrestling guys. So, they thought that the champions must really be stars so we should kiss their butts to make them happy and pay them a fortune. One of my favorite wrestling stories is Jim Herd telling Ole Anderson, who was the booker for the NWA at the time, that they had to pay Ric Flair $750,00 and when Ole asked why, Herd said,"Because he is the champion." To which Ole replied,"****, if I had known that you were going to pay the champion that much money, I would have made myself the champion.
Thats why TNA is doomed...

They put to much focus on the guys well past their prime...don't you get the feeling its kinda hurting their legacy for sticking around so long?

TNA has so many great young talent...but the old guys are blocking them.
I don't share the same feelings about TNA going downhill. I beleive they have done more to gain interest in their product over the last 24 months then they did in their first 8 years of their existence. As a matter of fact, 2 years ago, no one would have even talked about TNA. They have brought in all the old guys that wrecked the WCW and guess what, now we are all watching it saying that TNA is destined to fail just like WCW did. But, two years ago, we could not have names five guys on their roster. No, TNA is not dying and in my opinion, they are finally getting the WWE's attention. The product of WWE programming is finally getting better. WHY? Because TNA is finally getting them to recognize that they are in existence.

Anyone that watched the Mick Foley/Ric Flair match came away with two things: 1) it took you back 20 years to the good ole days; 2) proved these guys can still put a product on that is as good as the WWE.
Stardust Wrote:I don't share the same feelings about TNA going downhill. I beleive they have done more to gain interest in their product over the last 24 months then they did in their first 8 years of their existence. As a matter of fact, 2 years ago, no one would have even talked about TNA. They have brought in all the old guys that wrecked the WCW and guess what, now we are all watching it saying that TNA is destined to fail just like WCW did. But, two years ago, we could not have names five guys on their roster. No, TNA is not dying and in my opinion, they are finally getting the WWE's attention. The product of WWE programming is finally getting better. WHY? Because TNA is finally getting them to recognize that they are in existence.

Anyone that watched the Mick Foley/Ric Flair match came away with two things: 1) it took you back 20 years to the good ole days; 2) proved these guys can still put a product on that is as good as the WWE.

I agree. I couldn't stand to watch it until recently. I still can't watch WWE.
TNA wrestling I would watch over WWE anyday. The old guys still showing they have what it takes and showing the younger generation what wrestling is all about.