Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre-Season Sweet 16 favorites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is the favorites to win the 16 Regions?

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
Anderson County is the favorite in the 8th region.
Go ahead and write in Rockcastle for the 12th region.
I am going to say that Southwestern will be 12th region Runners-up.
Clay-13th
Rockcastle for the 12th and Clay for the 13th. Perry central will most likely win their region although I hear that Noble has a broken toe and/or toes.
Noble could play on one foot and beat the teams in the 14th this year! Smile Very weak region, other than Letcher Central, only competition at all.
Wall4president Wrote:Noble could play on one foot and beat the teams in the 14th this year! Smile Very weak region, other than Letcher Central, only competition at all.

I think KCC is just as good as LCC but PCC sweeps through the 14th with no problems.
I like my lady rockets chances this year, but you cant really say who will do what without knowing what regions play each other at state.
Sheldon Clark in the 15th.
Rockcastle probably had the best team in the state last year but went down in the semifinals due to some awful decisions late in the game (purely an opinion of mine but I think most followers of the sport and those in attendance agree). This year they should have an excellent chance at a state title again. But Marion County will be very good again. There's always one of the Catholic schools in Louisville that seems to be in the forefront every year, whether it be Assumption, Mercy, Sacred Heart, etc..as well as LexCath and LexChristian in Fayette County. In the mountains Perry County Central should be the odds on to make it to the state with the addition of transfers, particularly All State Kendall Noble. Clay County should be solid in their region, as will be Sheldon Clark in the 15th.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Rockcastle probably had the best team in the state last year but went down in the semifinals due to some awful decisions late in the game (purely an opinion of mine but I think most followers of the sport and those in attendance agree). This year they should have an excellent chance at a state title again. But Marion County will be very good again. There's always one of the Catholic schools in Louisville that seems to be in the forefront every year, whether it be Assumption, Mercy, Sacred Heart, etc..as well as LexCath and LexChristian in Fayette County. In the mountains Perry County Central should be the odds on to make it to the state with the addition of transfers, particularly All State Kendall Noble. Clay County should be solid in their region, as will be Sheldon Clark in the 15th.

:Thumbs:

I am the last person to blame the referees for anything but they really did cost the Rockets a chance at a State Title.
Perry Co. Central without a doubt from the 14th Region!
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I am going to say that Southwestern will be 12th region Runners-up.

The Cat's Pause has them coming in 3rd behind Rockcastle Co. and Casey Co.
leecoukfan Wrote:The Cat's Pause has them coming in 3rd behind Rockcastle Co. and Casey Co.

Their preview was probably written before the news of Pittman's injury was known.
boone county in the 9th again
Either Calloway County or Murray should win the 1st region.
9th-Boone-Syndey Moss is an awesome player.
12th-Rock-Good Luck Sara
14th-PCC-
5th -- Marion Co. will be favored; but E'town will find a way to get them this year.
If you get to go to the state tournament you certainly hope for a good draw. I think the 12th region got lucky the last two years. Now you can draw, say Marion Co., and still win but you would rather play them later on in the tourney. In that regards the 12th got paired up with teams they could beat the last two years. Hopefully, the same will happen this season!!!
13th- North Laurel
toussaints Wrote:boone county in the 9th again

While I hope that is the case I think folks need to understand BC is not the preseason favorite in the 9th. That honor has to go to a Ryle team that has all starters back from a team that lost to Boone County three times last season by a total of just 8 points. And that's how the Region's coaches have voted in their preseason poll.
WV Frank Wrote:While I hope that is the case I think folks need to understand BC is not the preseason favorite in the 9th. That honor has to go to a Ryle team that has all starters back from a team that lost to Boone County three times last season by a total of just 8 points. And that's how the Region's coaches have voted in their preseason poll.

I believe the 9th and the 5th Regions will be VERY close between the top two in those regions. Marion-Elizabethtown and Ryle-Boone County. There are some very good teams this season!

PS- I said all of that without even mentioning the Louisville Region with teams like Sacred Heart, Mercy Manual, etc..... :yikes:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Rockcastle probably had the best team in the state last year but went down in the semifinals due to some awful decisions late in the game (purely an opinion of mine but I think most followers of the sport and those in attendance agree). This year they should have an excellent chance at a state title again. But Marion County will be very good again. There's always one of the Catholic schools in Louisville that seems to be in the forefront every year, whether it be Assumption, Mercy, Sacred Heart, etc..as well as LexCath and LexChristian in Fayette County. In the mountains Perry County Central should be the odds on to make it to the state with the addition of transfers, particularly All State Kendall Noble. Clay County should be solid in their region, as will be Sheldon Clark in the 15th.
I believe Rockcastle was a top 10 team but with the weak region they play in and their average schedule top team in the state last year is a bit of a stretch. They played 3 top 15 teams last year with a record of 2wins 3 losses.
why me Wrote:I believe Rockcastle was a top 10 team but with the weak region they play in and their average schedule top team in the state last year is a bit of a stretch. They played 3 top 15 teams last year with a record of 2wins 3 losses.

Weak Region??? Are you Serious? Last year, Casey or Lincoln could have played with anyone in the tournament. State-Semifinals are pretty good for a team from a so-called weak region.

Last Years Average Schedule?? Scott Co. Boone Co. Casey Co. Lincoln Co. Madison Central etc.:dontthink
RadioVeteran Wrote:Weak Region??? Are you Serious? Last year, Casey or Lincoln could have played with anyone in the tournament. State-Semifinals are pretty good for a team from a so-called weak region.

Last Years Average Schedule?? Scott Co. Boone Co. Casey Co. Lincoln Co. Madison Central etc.:dontthink
Marion co played in the tournament and I believe they beat casey co by 37 or 38 points. Casey co also lost 5 out of 6 games to 11th region teams which there is no shame in. Boone Co, Scott Co, Madison Central were the only teams cosistently ranked in the top 15 by max preps,Cantrell,and LH also the 12th region only had 2 teams in the top 50 in these polls so yes weak region average schedule. Semi-finals of state is a great accomplishment but sometimes it is harder for a team like Mercy or Scott co do get to the state than it is to win it. Every body knows that the best 16 teams don't make it to Diddle arena
Lady Dores takin the 14th
I think there were 6 teams in the sweet 16 last year that Rockcastle had already played. Anderson Co., Scott Co., Boone Co, Clay Co., Breathitt Co. and maybe one more. Rock beat all of them and had a loss to Scott Co. at their place. Like I've said before, you need a good draw for the early rounds to do well in the state tourney, just ask Marion Co. Butler might be the other team I'm thinking of. Rock did not have an easy schedule at all last year and only had 8 home games out of 34 played.
I wasn't implying that Rock's schedule was easy.When I judge a teams schedule I try to look at how many top 20 teams did they play and how many cup cakes did they have.Rockcastle did not play a lot of top 20 teams I could be wrong but I think they were Boone,Lincoln,Scott co and Madison Central but they didn't play very many cup cakes either.To me that is avg or slightly above avg. Casey co on the other hand seemed like they played every body I would say that was a tough schedule.My whole point of my earlier post was if I had to say one team from last year was the best team I would have to say Mercy becuase of the Region they play in and The top 20 teams thay played.
why me Wrote:I wasn't implying that Rock's schedule was easy.When I judge a teams schedule I try to look at how many top 20 teams did they play and how many cup cakes did they have.Rockcastle did not play a lot of top 20 teams I could be wrong but I think they were Boone,Lincoln,Scott co and Madison Central but they didn't play very many cup cakes either.To me that is avg or slightly above avg. Casey co on the other hand seemed like they played every body I would say that was a tough schedule.My whole point of my earlier post was if I had to say one team from last year was the best team I would have to say Mercy becuase of the Region they play in and The top 20 teams thay played.

They certainly were a great team, that is probably why they won the State Title Big Grin

Back to the average concept. Maybe we view the term, average, differently. When I think of average, I think about being middle-of-the-pack. Not good, not bad, just average. With that said, there are probably 200 teams across the state, if not more. Average, to me, would mean they had between the 75th and 125th toughest schedule. That is middle-of-the-pack, right?

You have to admit that they scheduled teams AND tournaments that were tough. The only schedule that jumps out to me that was tougher was Sacred Heart. They had a brutal schedule.

Let's consider NON-region teams. Boone County, Anderson County, Madison Central, Scott County (3 times) Butler, Sheldon Clark, Clay County, Murray, Breathitt County, George Rogers Clark, etc... Some Sweet 16 and ranked teams in there.
Pages: 1 2