Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne Co. @ Somerset 10/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somerset is back at the Briar Patch for this one! The Briar Jumpers currently stand atop class 3A with a record of 8-0! While Wayne County comes into this one at 3-4 coming off a 55-6 win over Jackson Co. so they will be coming into this one with some confidence!

Thoughts on this one? When will Robbie Lucas throw in the JVs?
I just wanna add this post that I made in the Wayne Co. 55 Jackson Co. 6 thread:

Well, not to take anything away from Wayne County's impressive win but this Jackson County team got beat 38-0 by Taylor Co who the Briar Jumpers beat 71-8! just to put things into perspective
Not even close, Somerset with the victory
leecoukfan Wrote:Somerset is back at the Briar Patch for this one! The Briar Jumpers currently stand atop class 3A with a record of 8-0! While Wayne County comes into this one at 3-4 coming off a 55-6 win over Jackson Co. so they will be coming into this one with some confidence!

Thoughts on this one? When will Robbie Lucas throw in the JVs?

I don't think it will happen too early. There was an incident after a JV game at Wayne County a couple of weeks ago and I have a feeling the Briar Jumpers will make the Cardinals feel this one.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I don't think it will happen too early. There was an incident after a JV game at Wayne County a couple of weeks ago and I have a feeling the Briar Jumpers will make the Cardinals feel this one.

Absolutely right Norm, I know the situation you are referring to. I'd say if Lucas can hang 100 in this game, he will. Sometimes you have to make a statement.
I am hearing alot of talk from somersets players that they want triple digits in this one. I don't blame them to be honest.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I don't think it will happen too early. There was an incident after a JV game at Wayne County a couple of weeks ago and I have a feeling the Briar Jumpers will make the Cardinals feel this one.

RoShamBo Wrote:Absolutely right Norm, I know the situation you are referring to. I'd say if Lucas can hang 100 in this game, he will. Sometimes you have to make a statement.

I hadn't heard about that but I am glad that it was mentioned! But yeah I'm with RoShamBo and I think that it wouldn't be too hard for them to attain the Century mark in this one!
I'm sure coach Thompson at Wayne County didn't know what was going on at the JV game (in the locker room) or he would have dealt with it. Coach Lucas has a enough sense to realize that the actions of a few idiots shouldn't be used as a motivating factor for a game.
When a team goes in looking for revenge they come in with too much bad emotion.
I am sure the Jumpers will look to take care of business this week, win and move on to the next week.
Agree to disagree on this one JD. I just feel that when a team comes in and disrespects you in such a manner you have to send a message to that team. You come in to our place and show the disrespect that you did a few weeks ago then this is what happens to you. Respect is showed to those who earn it, and as of right now I have little respect for that program.
RoShamBo Wrote:Agree to disagree on this one JD. I just feel that when a team comes in and disrespects you in such a manner you have to send a message to that team. You come in to our place and show the disrespect that you did a few weeks ago then this is what happens to you. Respect is showed to those who earn it, and as of right now I have little respect for that program.

I agree 100%. I wouldn't want to be wearing red and white on Friday. The JV game was at Wayne County I think but otherwise you're dead on.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I agree 100%. I wouldn't want to be wearing red and white on Friday. The JV game was at Wayne County I think but otherwise you're dead on.

Oh my bad I thought the incident occurred in our field house, either way my opinion is the same.
Somerset-84
Wayne-6
Somerset 49-6.
Somerset By 30+.
I found out today the issue in the JV locker room at Wayne County was carries out by some middle schoolers, not sure if they are involved with the football program or not.

If this was in some way condoned then I say, "Run it up leave no doubt".

Robbie Lucas has too much class for this to happen. If the score gets out of hand then I'm pretty sure the JV and Freshman will be doing a lot of the damage.

Somerset needs to focus on winning the game first and not worry about trying to run the score up.
Somerset Rolls!
Friday night will be Alumni Night at the Briar Patch. All former football players, cheerleaders and band members will get in free and are invited to tailgate. There will be a tent set up inside the gate where the food will be located, there will also be a set of bleachers set up in the end zone so the alums can sit together and catch up. I hope to see a lot of old Briar Jumpers at the game.
Somerset 27-0
the dark wizard Wrote:Somerset 27-0

:dontthink: Really???
The Jumpers only won 9-0 last year. I know last year was last year But they steam rolled everyone then. Don't think it wil be the slaughtering everyone is predicting!
Last year was played in sleet after rain had soaked the field all week. Wayne County played a good game defensively but the conditions helped them a bunch. Also, their offense generated nothing against Somerset. Somerset's defense is better this season and Wayne's offense is not as good as last season. I don't think this one is close for more than a quarter.
Last year it was in the 50's to 40's and raining/sleet the entire game, not ideal for Somerset's offense. Low 60's to 50's and clear tomorrow. Very doubtful that we see a game nearly as close as last year. I think the only way Wayne keeps this within 50 is if they put up 20+ and I don't see that happening on Somerset's D.

Somerset 66-0
the dark wizard Wrote:Somerset 27-0

AS like the Taylor Co. game I can see it being 27-0 afte Somerset has the ball 4 times. Somerset by at least 50+ and if Lucas wants it can be worse than that. So what happened at the jv game?
With the new aligment Somerset will have to show up to some district games next year. This district Somerset is in this season no one stands a chance of staying close
Jumper Dad Wrote:I found out today the issue in the JV locker room at Wayne County was carries out by some middle schoolers, not sure if they are involved with the football program or not.

If this was in some way condoned then I say, "Run it up leave no doubt".

Robbie Lucas has too much class for this to happen. If the score gets out of hand then I'm pretty sure the JV and Freshman will be doing a lot of the damage.

Somerset needs to focus on winning the game first and not worry about trying to run the score up.

My son was one of the players that were involved and Coach Thompson didn't know anything about the incident until it had already happened. He stood right there with me waiting for the police, and said they had some witnesses. He told me that the school would make it right, if they had to take it out of the football budget to do so. He would call and give me updates, I didn't have to track him down, and after two weeks he said enough was enough and had his athletic director pay for the damages. Truly a stand up character and obviously a man of his word.

Now on to the game, Jumpers win this from start to finish, never in question, and never any doubt. GO JUMPERS!!