Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard Mayor Bill Gorman has passed away..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I would pass the word.
I just heard about it as well.
Bill has been the Mayor here for a LONG time.
He's done a lot for the city and he will be well remembered.

Prayers go out to the family and city.
Prayers go out to his family. Bill was the Mayor of Hazard for 32 years. A very good man, and well known through out the state.
Mr. Gorman was the mayor of Hazard for most of my lifetime and I knew Mr. Gorman from my time of playing against Hazard. Mr. Gorman and Mr. Vernon Cooper was fixtures at Hazard sporting events, but when we made our state playoff run at M.C. Napier in baseball in 1987, they were always there supporting us and rooting for us to win... My deepest sympathies go out to the Gorman family along with his many friends in Hazard and Perry County...
RIP Mayor Gorman, he loved the city of Hazard and done everything he could to make it a better place. He will be missed.
Iv'e met him at one time. Seemed to be a good and courteous man. What caused his death?
Mayor Gorman will be greatly missed in Hazard. He was a huge supporter of the kids and a friend to everyone who knew him. He had been having health problems and been in and out of the hospital for the past few months. He was 86 years old. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family and friends. RIP Mayor Gorman.
Dude did a crazy amount of good for the city of Hazard and Perry county as a whole. Impossible to replace, Hazard will never grow as much as it did in the last 40 years.
Anyone know how the election will work now? Will Kenny Bryant automatically be th next mayor?
^

I was wondering the same thing, I would assume unless someone chooses to run for it, I pretty sure Bryant was the only other name on the ballot this upcoming election.
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. RIP
MVP2 Wrote:^

I was wondering the same thing, I would assume unless someone chooses to run for it, I pretty sure Bryant was the only other name on the ballot this upcoming election.

csabo17 Wrote:Anyone know how the election will work now? Will Kenny Bryant automatically be th next mayor?

You would figure that there would be a short-time-frame for the party to select another candidate, but maybe not.
Also how long is a Mayors term? Hopefully this joker isnt going to take over for four years or something.
RIP Bill Gorman.

And my thoughts on the new Mayor.. Probably Happy Mobelini or Bryant..
From what im hearing it HAS to be Bryant, he will be the only one on the ballot. Unless there is some way to write in a candidate, which it will be Jimmy Lindon.
Thoughts and prayers for the family and new mayor.
The word is that the mayor's wife, Nan, will be appointed to fill the rest of his term. She will also be running for mayor as a write-in candidate.