Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County @ Rowan County 10/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This one is for the District Championship.

LC by 14.
Greenup gave rowan all they could handle,but i think lawrence will prove to be just a little too much.

lawrence by 2 td's.
With this game at Morehead and a district championship up for grabs we might see a tighter game. However, after Greenup put up over 500 yards on this Viking defense I just believe the James Gang will ride through Morehead all the way to Citizens bank. The JYD's will keep Cross and company penned in their house and Hughes beyond field goal range. The folks in Morehead will get to see one of the best high school defenses to come around in awhile and a offense that is textbook ball control and field position. LC-30 RC-10
This will be a good game. Rowan County is finally healthy after the rash of injuries. ROwan started three freshmen and four sophmores vs. Greenup. I am sure the DOGS will see a different defense than what they saw when RC played GC. As for the high octane offense of RC it will be the same as usual score every 6 plays they touch the football. Rowan WINS first district title in school history with 35-28 WIN.
Game in Morehead = Toss UP!
Additionally, a loss will mean 2nd place a tougher first round playoff game to then get the chance to go back to the mountain.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:This will be a good game. Rowan County is finally healthy after the rash of injuries. ROwan started three freshmen and four sophmores vs. Greenup. I am sure the DOGS will see a different defense than what they saw when RC played GC. As for the high octane offense of RC it will be the same as usual score every 6 plays they touch the football. Rowan WINS first district title in school history with 35-28 WIN.
With only 4 seniors and 11 juniors listed on the roster it looks like RC has to play Fr and So, healthy or otherwise. And the problem with 6 plays is that the JYD's only let you have the ball for 3 or 4 plays and a lot of times for only 1 or 2 plays. The JYD's love to play fetch the ball!! 35 points is funny. There is not a team in this area that could put up 35 points against the LC defense. RC has a good, well coached team but their offense will will find yardage much harder to come by especially as the game goes on.
ttt
If the Dawg defense thinks they are going to blitz like they did against Greenup,,,they are going to get ran under the porch,,,,Rowan will spread the feild and have the dawgs on their heels all night,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant wait,,,,,,,,,
I look for Lawrence County to get the win. Good luck Dawgs
VikingFan Wrote:If the Dawg defense thinks they are going to blitz like they did against Greenup,,,they are going to get ran under the porch,,,,Rowan will spread the feild and have the dawgs on their heels all night,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant wait,,,,,,,,,

Nobody said they did blitz, they just got in the backfield with their defensive line.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:This will be a good game. Rowan County is finally healthy after the rash of injuries. ROwan started three freshmen and four sophmores vs. Greenup. I am sure the DOGS will see a different defense than what they saw when RC played GC. As for the high octane offense of RC it will be the same as usual score every 6 plays they touch the football. Rowan WINS first district title in school history with 35-28 WIN.

I won't say the game won't be close. But the score will NOT be that high. Greenup scored 19 against the LC defense. That's the most of any team all year. Expect a low scoring game, hopefully the ref's don't play a part in determing the winner of the game in this one. Looking forward to watching the dawgs celebrate after winning another district championship! LC wins this one 35-14.
I see LC winning this game by at least 2 scores. This RC team couldn't stop the running attack that Greenup has and LC stopped them COLD. I know you can't compare games in high school football, but I just see LC way better in this matchup.
Does Rowan run the spread or more of a running game with double tight end look?
Should be a good game but the Dawgs will prove to be too much in this one!!

Lawrence Co. - 31

Rowan Co. - 21
From what it looks like to me, the winner of this game will probably get to have a visit from Madison Southern and the loser gets the company of Rockcastle County in the first round of the playoffs. Morehead being a much closer drive than Louisa....I'm rooting for Lawrence.
Don't blame you I can't say that I enjoy that drive myself.
It will be tough for LC to go into Rowan and get the victory, but I believe they do it
Lc-36
rc-7
LC might get the win but I can't believe that either team will be able to win by that margin.
Lawrence shouldn't worry about Rowan. LC defence causes turnovers it was to much for GC looking at the stats of that game it should've been close except for the turnovers. Rowan had a time with Greenup. Got to give this one to LC after watching both teams. Congrats to Lawrence and GOOD LUCK AT STATE.
Bulldogs 46 R.C. 14
Lc 35-20
LC wins this one with a better run game and great coaching.

LC 35
RC 20
Allow me to summarize this thread before it gets too far along. Any time now there will be a flood of experts on here opining that:
1) The Bulldogs haven't beaten anybody. Cupcakes make you fat. Blah. Blah. Blah.
2) They are too slow.
3) The Bulldogs can't stop RC's running/passing/return/pre-game stretching/taping/field striping.
4) Rowan County's running back will rush for 473 yards and as a team they will get way over 1,000 cuz the trip to Morehead is, like 4 hrs, and lc ain't played nobody cept fat slow mountain kids and a bunch of lame weirdos from wv.
5) The Bulldogs and their fans are not nice and therefore Rowan County will win.
6) And, just for good measure, "BELL COUNTY RULZ!!!"

That should about cover it.
dbcooper Wrote:Allow me to summarize this thread before it gets too far along. Any time now there will be a flood of experts on here opining that:
1) The Bulldogs haven't beaten anybody. Cupcakes make you fat. Blah. Blah. Blah.
2) They are too slow.
3) The Bulldogs can't stop RC's running/passing/return/pre-game stretching/taping/field striping.
4) Rowan County's running back will rush for 473 yards and as a team they will get way over 1,000 cuz the trip to Morehead is, like 4 hrs, and lc ain't played nobody cept fat slow mountain kids and a bunch of lame weirdos from wv.
5) The Bulldogs and their fans are not nice and therefore Rowan County will win.
6) And, just for good measure, "BELL COUNTY RULZ!!!"

That should about cover it.

:lmao:
I am so tired of all these people commenting on these games without a clue about the games. So many people on here just voice their opinions which they have a right to, but at the same time they ruin it for everyone else. The big picture is this is going to be a good ball game with a Rowan offense going against a great defense for Lawrence County. Do I think the Bulldogs can stop the Vikings? Yes I think they can and will and send a message. Can Rowan stop the Bulldogs on offense? I don't think so Bulldogs are too much on offense and defense continues to prove each week they are for real.

LC 48

RC 20
Lawrence County has a very good defense. The scary thing is I think they will get much better by regionals. A lot of inexperience out there that's improving every week. The team overall has improved a great deal. It's a lot of fun watching these guys each week.
Just bring everything you have,,,,,dont want any excuses
We want Lawrence's Best game,,,
VikingFan Wrote:Just bring everything you have,,,,,dont want any excuses
We want Lawrence's Best game,,,
I for one hope you get it. I don't think LC has came close to peaking they have improved each week. And each week we have seen new stuff from the Dawgs camp. I can't wait to see whats new this week this is for the district championship and it's the first goal LC has set for them self's. I think the staff has them right on schedule and should be just about right for Rowan. Good luck and GO DAWGS.
Pages: 1 2 3