Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 71 Knott County Central 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin scored in 3 plays to open the drive. KCC threw an interception on their 2nd play which Corbin ran back to the 6 where the Houndsscored once more. On the ensuing kickoff, KCC fumbled in which Corbin recoverd in the endzone to make it 20-0 in first 3 minutes of the game. From that point on until the end of the first, Corbin mixed starters with the JV team. After 1 it was 41-0.

The final 3 quarters were played by Freshmen and JV for Corbin. They put up 30 more points to make the final margin as lopsided as it was. KCC's lone score came after Corbin went for it on 4th down from their own 15 yard line. KCC then went 15 yards for their only score of the game in about 6 plays.

One has to feel for the kids of Knott Central. They played hard but were just too overmatched. Corbin did not run the score up or intend to. The second half scores were a pick 6 and runs up the middle by 140 pound freshmen backs. Hats off to both teams.
congrats to Corbin
Ouch! Congrats Corbin.
Wow, congrats Corbin
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin scored in 3 plays to open the drive. KCC threw an interception on their 2nd play which Corbin ran back to the 6 where the Houndsscored once more. On the ensuing kickoff, KCC fumbled in which Corbin recoverd in the endzone to make it 20-0 in first 3 minutes of the game. From that point on until the end of the first, Corbin mixed starters with the JV team. After 1 it was 41-0.

The final 3 quarters were played by Freshmen and JV for Corbin. They put up 30 more points to make the final margin as lopsided as it was. KCC's lone score came after Corbin went for it on 4th down from their own 15 yard line. KCC then went 15 yards for their only score of the game in about 6 plays.

One has to feel for the kids of Knott Central. They played hard but were just too overmatched. Corbin did not run the score up or intend to. The second half scores were a pick 6 and runs up the middle by 140 pound freshmen backs. Hats off to both teams.

I disagree with you 100% my friend. I decided to go and watch this game since is a close drive and a thurday night. When your up 40+ to 0, you dont go for it on 4th down consecutive times, when your up by 50+ you dont go for 2 point conversions after a td. Corbin was hands down the better team tonight. But they played typical Corbin ball and indeed did run the score up my friend. Cant wait to see them Bell Co boys get ahold of you next year. I hope they beat them by 50 or 60. Dont hold back Dudley.
Going for it on fourth when it is 4th and long deep deep in your own territory by running it right up the middle with a 140 pound freshman is not running it up. Going for 2 with a 125 pound kid that never plays it not running it up. Why put one of the best kickers in the state out there for sure points when going for 2 with said player only giving you about a 25% chance of scoring.

As for your Bell kids, I recall a game back in 2002, when Corbin was up 35-6 at halftime only to play the JV the rest of the way to win 35-8 when it could have easily been 70-6. If Jewell doesn't run it up on Bell Greer or Dudley, he's not going to run it up intentionally on some poor team that would struggle to defeat a lot of middle school programs.
the dark wizard Wrote:I disagree with you 100% my friend. I decided to go and watch this game since is a close drive and a thurday night. When your up 40+ to 0, you dont go for it on 4th down consecutive times, when your up by 50+ you dont go for 2 pothinkint conversions after a td. Corbin was hands down the better team tonight. But they played typical Corbin ball and indeed did run the score up my friend. Cant wait to see them Bell Co boys get ahold of you next year. I hope they beat them by 50 or 60. Dont hold back Dudley.

I can't believe that anyone who knows anything about football thinks they ran the score up. It could have been 70-0 at halftime if they wanted to run the score up. Who were they suppose to play? The kids who were playing in the second quarter rarely get on the field, I mean that had a freshman QB and 2 freshman RB's playing at that point.:eyeroll:
I never said anything about kids who were playing. Im saying if your up 40+ punt the ball to the other team. If your up 50+ send your fresh team kicker for the PAT, not a HB to run it in for an extra point. Corbins freshmen were better than the KCC varsity. Not to mention in the 2nd qtr when they were up big still airing it out with the varsity jv mix lineup.
Let me add, I understand how it can look that way but there is plenty of justification for going for it on 4th.

A punt would pin KCC beyond midfield thus would give Corbin the ball back probably beyond that because of the Patriot O going backwards moreso than forward. Not to mention Corbin's return game almost always has huge returns so if KCC punted, it's going for 6 more or in legit striking distance even with hb dives. Going for it on 4th would either allow KCC to score or keep the play as far away from the goal line as possible. You can't tell your kids to take knees.
the dark wizard Wrote:I never said anything about kids who were playing. Im saying if your up 40+ punt the ball to the other team. If your up 50+ send your fresh team kicker for the PAT, not a HB to run it in for an extra point. Corbins freshmen were better than the KCC varsity. Not to mention in the 2nd qtr when they were up big still airing it out with the varsity jv mix lineup.

I believe they had hoped to work out some kinks in the passing game and they did throw it some, which was actually doing KCC a favor in my opinion because Corbin was running up the field at will. Your anti-Corbin bias is shining through big time on this one.
Congrats Corbin!!!
Looks like it was a great confidence building game for the Redhounds! Congrats Corbin!
HAROLD Wrote:Going for it on fourth when it is 4th and long deep deep in your own territory by running it right up the middle with a 140 pound freshman is not running it up. Going for 2 with a 125 pound kid that never plays it not running it up. Why put one of the best kickers in the state out there for sure points when going for 2 with said player only giving you about a 25% chance of scoring.

As for your Bell kids, I recall a game back in 2002, when Corbin was up 35-6 at halftime only to play the JV the rest of the way to win 35-8 when it could have easily been 70-6. If Jewell doesn't run it up on Bell Greer or Dudley, he's not going to run it up intentionally on some poor team that would struggle to defeat a lot of middle school programs.
Preach on preacher !!!!!
the dark wizard Wrote:I disagree with you 100% my friend. I decided to go and watch this game since is a close drive and a thurday night. When your up 40+ to 0, you dont go for it on 4th down consecutive times, when your up by 50+ you dont go for 2 point conversions after a td. Corbin was hands down the better team tonight. But they played typical Corbin ball and indeed did run the score up my friend. Cant wait to see them Bell Co boys get ahold of you next year. I hope they beat them by 50 or 60. Dont hold back Dudley.

Corbin did not try to run up the score .If you where at the game you would have seen that Mahan ran in a TD in the first quarter a player that has seen no offensive play all year.And also you would have seen that Alex Wynn scored a TD in first quater a player that has barely seen any play except for special teams.AS for going for it on 4TH down you have to pratice it in games so that you may be able to be succesesful in playoffs.And this type of game is when you do that.Started to put subs in the first quater.Our starting defense only played the first 3 searies of the game.JV played the rest.

SO FROM WHAT I SAW CORBIN DID NOT RUN THE SCORE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KCC can't catch a break.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I believe they had hoped to work out some kinks in the passing game and they did throw it some, which was actually doing KCC a favor in my opinion because Corbin was running up the field at will. Your anti-Corbin bias is shining through big time on this one.
blah, blah,blah,,,your not doing anyone a favor by going for it on 4th when your up 40+on an inferior opponent.i myself am not anti-corbin but i can read a dime stor novel and tell you its not shakepere.YOU PUNT ON 4th when your up 40,ANY SELF RESPECTING COACH WOULD DO THAT,now tell yours to look in the mirror and say this....do unto others.....
Whens the last time Knott won a game?
wow
Will Knott Central do away with football?
Aslan Wrote:Whens the last time Knott won a game?

Not taking a shot at Knott, this is a serious question.
I'm not taking a shot at Knott County at all, I just have read that the folks in Knott County and the administration does not put money into the football program, the booster league is down and I don't know about their middle school program to know how well they are doing... That's all