Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Clean Coal Power Plant coming to Bell Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over 1,500 new jobs coming in the next 2-3 years at $30 an hr. Wonder if this will do anything with the new Alignment for Middlesboro, Pineville, and Bell Co schools. They expect people to move to the area due to this.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Over 1,500 new jobs coming in the next 2-3 years at $30 an hr. Wonder if this will do anything with the new Alignment for Middlesboro, Pineville, and Bell Co schools. They expect people to move to the area due to this.
why would an increase in population drop you to 3a?
Which school district will the plant be located? I assume Bell Co., but maybe in the city of Pineville or MBoro?

Congrats man! Thats great news to have so many good paying jobs coming to you area. I know you are talking about the football implications, and I agree there might be some. But its just a success story to hear people being put to work.
People need the work big time who cares about football this is good news for the mountains.
big blu 2 u Wrote:why would an increase in population drop you to 3a?

I meant Bell Co could be a 3A school, but have alot more over the limit in a couple of years from now.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:People need the work big time who cares about football this is good news for the mountains.

We are VERY excited about this coming. Going to change the county for the better.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I meant Bell Co could be a 3A school, but have alot more over the limit in a couple of years from now.

The new alignment is good for 4 years, so I'd say you'll be alright.
Redneck Wrote:The new alignment is good for 4 years, so I'd say you'll be alright.

KHSAA will review and adjust every two years though with the enrollment figures.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Over 1,500 new jobs coming in the next 2-3 years at $30 an hr. Wonder if this will do anything with the new Alignment for Middlesboro, Pineville, and Bell Co schools. They expect people to move to the area due to this.

This is great news for E. Ky. but I doubt it will drastically change the enrollment at these schools. Most of the construction jobs will be brought in through the unions and a majority of the permanent jobs will filled by residents of Bell and surrounding counties. Still this is great news.