Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Randy Moss to Vikings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Randy Moss has just been traded to the Vikings along with a 7th round draft pick. The Pats get a 3rd round draft pick in return.

When Sidney Rice gets back this offense could pack quite a punch.
so the pats gave up Randy Moss and a 7th RD Draft Pick for a 3rd RD Draft Pick?
Yep.
I'm sure Brady is pretty p/o'd about this trade. I would have kept him for the final year. You don't know what your going to get out of a third round pick, you know what your getting with Moss. Without Moss, idk if the Pats make the playoffs.
How much do you guys think this helps the Vikings?
Strikeout King Wrote:so the pats gave up Randy Moss and a 7th RD Draft Pick for a 3rd RD Draft Pick?

That's correct.
A lot of big name players get traded in the NFL for draft picks.
zaga_fan Wrote:That's correct.
A lot of big name players get traded in the NFL for draft picks.

It's about freeing up money to bring in Vincent Jackson.
Happy Early Christmas Favre!
Stardust Wrote:It's about freeing up money to bring in Vincent Jackson.

It was said on espn that there not going after Jackson. I don't see why not though, after losing a player of Moss's caliber.
Aslan Wrote:It was said on espn that there not going after Jackson. I don't see why not though, after losing a player of Moss's caliber.

The Patriots are the most secretive team in football. No "INSIDERS" ever get the news on the Patriots. The Moss deal had apparently been in the works, yet it was only discovered less than 12 hours from when it was finalized. The Pats will not give any indication at all of whether they have interest in Jackson until the ink is wet.
Terrible move for the Pats by eliminating their deep threat which will have major affects on Welker and their TE. He'll play in Minny with the same chip on shoulder he had when first coming to Bean Town. Then he becomes F/A and then the big contract. He won't stay in Minny unless they can sign him now for the last big contract he wants. Question is, who is going to throw him the ball next year. They literally had to drag Favre back and I really do think this is his final year.
I dont really see why it was a terrible move. I know losing a player like Moss will be hard to recover from but at the same time, was the pats getting 100% from him? Moss didnt want to be in New England and wouldnt going to resign so aleast the Pats got something out of it, keep him and not get everything he has got and have problems in the locker room or just trade him and get a least a 3rd round pick.
Patriots also got a 2012 7th round pick, those 7th rounders hasnt turned out to bad for the Pats in years past.
Minnesota Vikings 2011 Super Bowl Champions.
Imagine when Rice comes back. :yikes:
All I hope now is Farve returns to his old self having more excitment to play with Moss. Also hope with Moss playing for the Vikes it frees up Percy Harvin and he starts getting me them fantasy points I need.
:Thumbs:
Favre from over!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Favre from over!!!

Ba-da--bump

He's a funny guy that zaga_fan.....
Stardust Wrote:Ba-da--bump

He's a funny guy that zaga_fan.....

I'll be here all week!
zaga_fan Wrote:Favre from over!!!

[Image: 78d9ae4c.jpg]
Pretty good signature, but I am afraid the Favre will need to call in a Fav(o)r-e to keep him out of t-r-o-u-b-l-e