Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky football championship game times announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The KHSAA last week announced game times for the 2010 Commonwealth Gridirion Bowl AKA the state championship games in the six classes. The games are Dec. 3-4 at Houchens-L.T. Smith Stadium on the Western Kentucky University campus in Bowling Green. Here are the times, all listed in the Central time zone (where Bowling Green is).

Friday, Dec. 3: 1A at 11 a.m., 2A at 3 p.m., 4A at 7 p.m.

Saturday, Dec. 4: 3A at 11 a.m., 5A at 3 p.m., 6A at 7 p.m.
6A @ 7 Is always fun.
4A 7pm on Friday night.... Got my room.:Thumbs: Sorry Boyle Co. :biggrin:
11 a.m. is crazy!!!!!

How about 1 - 4:30 - 8:00

I thought they were supposed to rotate times between classes from year to year, this looks similar to last year.
Playing at 11 A.M Would be tough, alot of tired people.
Jumper Dad Wrote:11 a.m. is crazy!!!!!

How about 1 - 4:30 - 8:00

I thought they were supposed to rotate times between classes from year to year, this looks similar to last year.

7:00 PM is cold enough. 8:00 night game will be tough
4A was 11:00 am last year on Fri. Sucked. Hate 11:00 am start time for anyone.
64black&gold Wrote:4A was 11:00 am last year on Fri. Sucked. Hate 11:00 am start time for anyone.

You guys are going to let us go this year arent you? Next year you guys can go back. We can just take turns. :rockon:
64black&gold Wrote:4A was 11:00 am last year on Fri. Sucked. Hate 11:00 am start time for anyone.

Go back to 3 classes and we could play them all on Saturday!
Hassenpfeffer would make a fine midday December meal.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You guys are going to let us go this year arent you? Next year you guys can go back. We can just take turns. :rockon:

If you guys let us go 2 in a row, we will let you guys go the next 4 years in a row. :biggrin:
The previous post above, was not me. One of my friends decided to post under my account. Bell and Boyle have more than earned the right to feel like they will be champs every year. Once again I apoligize for my friends post.
Tica Wrote:Hassenpfeffer would make a fine midday December meal.
Well Played my friend.

When I laughed out loud at reading this I had to explain it to my 9 year old daughter, who is now planning your demise. FYI watch out for little auburn haired girls, because I know one that is out to get you after the above comment.
Tica Wrote:Hassenpfeffer would make a fine midday December meal.

Good one, I think everybody realizes that PT beat Somerset in the finals last year so you can stop hijacking threads to remind us of it.
This may be your year Roshambo. My intended point was the same as the one I tried to make in the realignment/travel thread.

Most teams, parents, coaches, and fans would pay any price and make any sacrifice to be in a state championship game. The inconvenience of being late (or early) for lunch is a tad insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
Let's see some mountain teams dominate!!!
Be cool to see 1A Hazard, 3A Somerset, and 4A Bell Co all come home with State Championships this year!
zaga_fan Wrote:Let's see some mountain teams dominate!!!

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Be cool to see 1A Hazard, 3A Somerset, and 4A Bell Co all come home with State Championships this year!

I'm sorry but I just can't consider Somerset a mountain team. I know WYMT is in the aera, but the last time I was on the lake I didn't see any mountains. :biggrin:
I wish they would make the earliest game at 12 noon. Then 4 pm and 8 pm.
Rebel55 Wrote:I'm sorry but I just can't consider Somerset a mountain team. I know WYMT is in the aera, but the last time I was on the lake I didn't see any mountains. :biggrin:

I agree. LOL... Not many mountains in London or Corbin.
Stardust Wrote:The KHSAA last week announced game times for the 2010 Commonwealth Gridirion Bowl AKA the state championship games in the six classes. The games are Dec. 3-4 at Houchens-L.T. Smith Stadium on the Western Kentucky University campus in Bowling Green. Here are the times, all listed in the Central time zone (where Bowling Green is).

Friday, Dec. 3: 1A at 11 a.m., 2A at 3 p.m., 4A at 7 p.m.

Saturday, Dec. 4: 3A at 11 a.m., 5A at 3 p.m., 6A at 7 p.m.

This is great. Now I don't have to sit on a bus at 3 a.m. with a bunch of inebriated Highlands fans and listen to their wives singing to music that would make a billygoat puke.:biggrin:
Love the 4A kickoff time!
who is the #1 team in classA
KnightTime Wrote:Love the 4A kickoff time!

i wish it was on Sat.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:This is great. Now I don't have to sit on a bus at 3 a.m. with a bunch of inebriated Highlands fans and listen to their wives singing to music that would make a billygoat puke.:biggrin:

You didn't have to last year, you chose to.:1:
OH Joy the cold frigid December days!! Hopefully I will be going down there for two reasons this year! (Somerset and Pulaski Co.)