Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rick Pitino says Louisville basketball freshman Gorgui Deng declared ineligible by NC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rick Pitino says Louisville basketball freshman Gorgui Deng declared ineligible by NCAA

It looks like Rick Pitino's 2010-2011 team could be in some trouble this year by the shortfall of players that Pitino has recruited, but will not see one second of playing time in the new Downtown Arena.

Pitino, speaking to reporters before the Cardinals Tipoff luncheon at the Downtown Marriott, said freshman center/forward Gorgui Dieng was ruled ineligible, and the school is appealing the decision.

In addition two injuries have sidelined Cards.

Pitino said junior forward Jared Swopshire would miss the next six weeks with a sports hernia-type injury. Swopshire joined freshman guard Russ Smith, who is out eight to 12 weeks with an ankle injury.

Pitino also said Ralph Willard stepped down as associate coach to become the director of basketball operation.

Marc Lieberman, who was hired this summer, will become an assistant coach.

Withouth Deng, a 6-foot-10 native of Senegal who played at from Huntington (W. Va.) Prep, the Cards would be left with two players over 6-8 — 6-9 forward Terrence Jennings and 6-9 sophomore Stephan Van Treese.

:lmao::igiveup::flush:
We'll good.
Sucks for him...
How can this be happening in any other place besides the University of Kentucky? I just don't understand, I thought that the NCAA ONLY looked at UK athletics and no one else?
Stardust Wrote:How can this be happening in any other place besides the University of Kentucky? I just don't understand, I thought that the NCAA ONLY looked at UK athletics and no one else?

Stardust, there you go turning heel again.
Stardust loves playing the bad buy as much as Edge, Randy Orton and John Bradshaw
Lol:biggrin:
Thats GREAT :lmao: The more bad news for Louisville, the happier I get!:biggrin:
Thing is this kid can ball.. saw him play last year at the Tipoff Classic
Stardust Wrote:How can this be happening in any other place besides the University of Kentucky? I just don't understand, I thought that the NCAA ONLY looked at UK athletics and no one else?

If he were a Dukie he would be eligible though, I guarantee it:yawn:
zaga_fan Wrote:If he were a Dukie he would be eligible though, I guarantee it:yawn:

Why of course, the NCAA wouldn't want to put a blemish on Coach K's record!
Westside Wrote:Stardust, there you go turning heel again.

LMAO :lmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:If he were a Dukie he would be eligible though, I guarantee it:yawn:

True.
The ncaa is out to get uk!!!!!
The only reason they declared this guy ineligible is because pitino used to coach for uk!!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:The ncaa is out to get uk!!!!!
The only reason they declared this guy ineligible is because pitino used to coach for uk!!!!!!

OMG, You are so right! I didn't get the connection, but you have hit the nail on the head. It's just unbelievable that the NCAA has such a grudge on our beloved Wildcats (and Former one's). Why, please tell me why do they have to pick on us and only us :insane:
stardust Wrote:omg, you are so right! I didn't get the connection, but you have hit the nail on the head. It's just unbelievable that the ncaa has such a grudge on our beloved wildcats (and former one's). Why, please tell me why do they have to pick on us and only us :insane:

they are going to rule him eligible so he can go to duke!!!
^ LOL, even better
:lmao:
He's just trying to hold on till next year. If he can survive till then he'll have a good class coming in.