Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset/Pulaski Co. - Who would win?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts pleaseTongueirateSho
Massey Ratings:

Somerset @ Pulaski-
Pulaski-32
Somerset-31

Neutral Field-
Somerset-32
Pulaski-32

@ Somerset
Somerset-32
Pulaski-31

EVEN Matched teams.
to close to call imo!!!
^^^Agreed.
CalPreps.com projects Somerset would win, 31-30.

Teams much be very evenly matched.
Any Info. On why the two teams didn't schedule each other?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:CalPreps.com projects Somerset would win, 31-30.

Teams much be very evenly matched.

I love that site! It only shows 4 teams that would beat Bell Co this year.

Highlands
Bowling Green
Ryle
Trinity
Pride and Football Wrote:Any Info. On why the two teams didn't schedule each other?

Somerset, PC, and SW play every year in the Ray Correll Bowl every year with Somerset playing either PC or SW and the other playing an outside team, Harlan Co. this year. Somerset played PC last year and SW this year. Somerset used to play both every year but this is how it has been for the past 6 or 7 years. I'd say when they redo the contract next year Somerset will play SW again and then play PC for two straight years, at least that's usually how it works.
RoShamBo Wrote:Somerset, PC, and SW play every year in the Ray Correll Bowl every year with Somerset playing either PC or SW and the other playing an outside team, Harlan Co. this year. Somerset played PC last year and SW this year. Somerset used to play both every year but this is how it has been for the past 6 or 7 years. I'd say when they redo the contract next year Somerset will play SW again and then play PC for two straight years, at least that's usually how it works.

Thnx for the info, So That's why Harlan co. Played Pulaski this year. Would still like to see a game with these two teams.
It would be a GREAT game that I think everyone wants to see!! There really is no way to predict the score, right now I would just have to go with whoever has home field advantage would win!
leecoukfan Wrote:It would be a GREAT game that I think everyone wants to see!! There really is no way to predict the score, right now I would just have to go with whoever has home field advantage would win!

But then you have to think that these two only play about a mile away from each other so even a home field advantage isn't much of one. I think it's about as even as you can get, kind of like last year's game. Somerset might win, PC might win, would just be decided by small things here and there.
That still has not told us why all 3 schools do not play in the regular season. The schools could make some big revenue on these games if they would schedule. Southwestern has Pulaski and Somerset scheduled twice in basketball once at home and once away. I know that basketball has more games. But in football you have 3 weeks before the district games start why not schedule during those times?
There has been some talk about Somerset playing in the Don Marshall Bowl so they can play every year. I think this is a great thing if it can get done. I think it will definitely get the Jumpers ready for district play and will be great for fans too! It was a great freshmen game at PC! Very exciting and let's be honest PC-Somerset is the natural rivalry in the county so they should play every year. It would be like UK-Tenn only playing every other year ( which would be one less loss for UK every other year, but I digress, LOL)! As far as this year, it is so close that is would be hard to call! Two very good teams!
This would be a great game. And yes, I've heard the same thing about Somerset joining the Don Marshall Bowl, meaning that PC and SHS would play at least once a year.
I think the game could either be like last year when Somerset won by stopping Pulaski in the red zone at the end of the game or it could be like the game that ended at 2 am that was tied at something like 42-42 when a lightning delay with two minutes to go delayed the game close to an hour. After the delay 4 touchdowns were scored in just over two minutes, Pulaski scored 3 of them to win the game.

For the sake of the thread I'll say....
SHS 33
Pulaski 27
To be honest it wouldn't be fair to Somerset playing both each year along with thier new district next year. I think Somerset could easily contain Pulaski's offense.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:That still has not told us why all 3 schools do not play in the regular season. The schools could make some big revenue on these games if they would schedule. Southwestern has Pulaski and Somerset scheduled twice in basketball once at home and once away. I know that basketball has more games. But in football you have 3 weeks before the district games start why not schedule during those times?

It all goes back to 2003 when Somerset moved into a district with 7 teams and was forced to drop a game. At the time I guess it was easier to drop either the PC or SW game and make the Correll Bowl a big deal than it was to hold onto the game (supposedly we were in contract negotiations to play in the Bowl game at Bell Co. and to play in a bowl at LexCath, neither of which happened for some reason *cough* AD *cough*). Unless we do the Don Marshall Bowl I don't think it should change because as far as Somerset is concerned, Revenue for Ray Correll Bowl>>>>>>>>>>>Revenue from two in-county games.
Somerset
RoShamBo Wrote:But then you have to think that these two only play about a mile away from each other so even a home field advantage isn't much of one. I think it's about as even as you can get, kind of like last year's game. Somerset might win, PC might win, would just be decided by small things here and there.

Yeah, pretty much! But, I still think that the respective teams would feel a little more comfortable playing on their home field.
wiseguy85 Wrote:There has been some talk about Somerset playing in the Don Marshall Bowl so they can play every year. I think this is a great thing if it can get done. I think it will definitely get the Jumpers ready for district play and will be great for fans too! It was a great freshmen game at PC! Very exciting and let's be honest PC-Somerset is the natural rivalry in the county so they should play every year. It would be like UK-Tenn only playing every other year ( which would be one less loss for UK every other year, but I digress, LOL)! As far as this year, it is so close that is would be hard to call! Two very good teams!

I agree!:Thumbs: I hope they can get that setup because that would be a great yearly rivalry!
Pig Jones Wrote:To be honest it wouldn't be fair to Somerset playing both each year along with thier new district next year. I think Somerset could easily contain Pulaski's offense.

First off,it is far fetched to think they could easily handle PC's offense. The maroons are not a push over so that is silly statement. And whole district thing is bunk. PLease explain how that is too much for them? Who would they play instead? I have always heard for the purple and gold faithful that they are on the same level (on the field) as the county schools. And for the most part, pre- Correll Bowl days Somerset did stand on par with them. So because they are playing in a real district, they should hide from the county schools? Nah, real Jumpers would never hide from PC. You sure you are real Jumper?
I also have heard some grumblings that the money may change for the for the Correll Bowl - the the bad. :flush:
wiseguy85 Wrote:First off,it is far fetched to think they could easily handle PC's offense. The maroons are not a push over so that is silly statement. And whole district thing is bunk. PLease explain how that is too much for them? Who would they play instead? I have always heard for the purple and gold faithful that they are on the same level (on the field) as the county schools. And for the most part, pre- Correll Bowl days Somerset did stand on par with them. So because they are playing in a real district, they should hide from the county schools? Nah, real Jumpers would never hide from PC. You sure you are real Jumper?
I also have heard some grumblings that the money may change for the for the Correll Bowl - the the bad. :flush:

Actually PC never beat us and SW only beat us once while I was a "real Jumper" so I really don't care if we play PC and SW once a season or ten times a season. Somerset owned PC prior to the Correll Bowl, something to the tune of like 6 straight wins until PC finally beat Somerset in the Correll Bowl in 2004. Just had to clear that up.
Exactly, that is my point! Now why would any Jumper fan not want to play a team they obviously own? And please don't say they shouldn't play to big ole 5A schools in a season... if they own them, play them! It should be an easy win!
Southwestern leads the series over the Jumpers
Pig Jones Wrote:Southwestern leads the series over the Jumpers

I thought they might, they had some talented teams in the mid 90's during Somerset's down years and I think the record is 4-3 Somerset since 98. What is the overall record?
Somerset.
Pig Jones Wrote:Southwestern leads the series over the Jumpers

I thought this year's win by Somerset made it 6 games apiece.
I wouldn't care who won just as long as it was a clean hard game. I respect both teams too much to put one ahead of the other.
Somerset by 14.
RoShamBo Wrote:It all goes back to 2003 when Somerset moved into a district with 7 teams and was forced to drop a game. At the time I guess it was easier to drop either the PC or SW game and make the Correll Bowl a big deal than it was to hold onto the game (supposedly we were in contract negotiations to play in the Bowl game at Bell Co. and to play in a bowl at LexCath, neither of which happened for some reason *cough* AD *cough*). Unless we do the Don Marshall Bowl I don't think it should change because as far as Somerset is concerned, Revenue for Ray Correll Bowl>>>>>>>>>>>Revenue from two in-county games.

I wasn't just talking about revenue for Somerset. I was talking about all the schools.
Pages: 1 2