Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds, Dusty Baker Agree On A Contract Extension Through 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CINCINNATI -- Dusty Baker brought in a tailor during his first spring training as the Cincinnati Reds manager, getting the clubhouse staff ready to look good for the day when the marooned franchise would finally win.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5647552"]Cincinnati Reds, Dusty Baker agree to contract extension through 2012 - ESPN[/ame]
Congrats Dusty, You derserve it. I also remember a few people on here saying with him as the manager we wont make the post season. Big Grin
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Dusty, You derserve it. I also remember a few people on here saying with him as the manager we wont make the post season. Big Grin

His track record is to get to the post season. I've not questioned that, but I have always been concerned about the ruined youg arms he has left in his wake in San Fran, Chicago and even the few injuries we have seen with the Reds young guys.
I think the man has done a awesome job. The offense has in the top 4 in the league in all in the main categories all year with only the yankees, rays and redsox ahead of them. If anyone sets back and looks at it, he has done a heck of a job. He has definitely weeded out the winners and losers of the team.
Glad to see that the Reds Ownership realize that they have a good thing in Dusty Baker! I have a feeling that he will be around longer than the 2012 season!