Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. vs. Powell Co. 10/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game is at Magoffin!
Thoughts/predictions?
Magoffin by 12.
powell by at least 2 touchdowns.
Go Hornets!!!!
:redboxer:Who wants it more???
Powell by 3.
pirate fanatic Wrote:powell by at least 2 touchdowns.

I wouldnt be so confident there. It will be a close game throughout with Magoffin prevailing in the end.
I think Chester will have his boys ready and get the W this week
lets hope that Powell devises a better defense to defend Magoffin's passing attack than last year. The Hornets have a QB that can pick you apart through the air, and the 9th ranked receiver in the state! As for Magoffin, they are gonna have to step up big on defense to shut down Powell's power running game! This has all the makings to be an exciting game!
Powell with an easy "W"
MC by 14
Home team wins this game.
I think this game will be just as close as last years OT game.... I will also predict the same outcome with Powell coming out with the win... They have a very productive running game that has improved vastly with the maturation of the athletes on the team.
Magoffin.
Should be a fight to the end but I think that the Hornets come out on top at home!

Magoffin Co. - 28

Powell Co. - 27
im surprised to see you pick magoffin over powell jumpshooter. i thought that you were the one that put so much store in the strength of a teams schedule. since all of magoffins wins have been over 1a and 2a schools, where all of powells have been over 3a and 4a schools. the only loss magoffin has had was to the only 3a school they played and powell beat that same team.
pirate fanatic Wrote:im surprised to see you pick magoffin over powell jumpshooter. i thought that you were the one that put so much store in the strength of a teams schedule. since all of magoffins wins have been over 1a and 2a schools, where all of powells have been over 3a and 4a schools. the only loss magoffin has had was to the only 3a school they played and powell beat that same team.

Magoffin has a better all around team than Powell, and Powells schedule hasnt been the toughest either. I said it would be close and it will, but since the game is played a Magoffin, they will pull it out. IMO
pirate fanatic Wrote:im surprised to see you pick magoffin over powell jumpshooter. i thought that you were the one that put so much store in the strength of a teams schedule. since all of magoffins wins have been over 1a and 2a schools, where all of powells have been over 3a and 4a schools. the only loss magoffin has had was to the only 3a school they played and powell beat that same team.

Yeah, Powell beat Morgan and Magoffin lost to Morgan. But if you was at Magoffin/Morgan game you would have seen a Magoffin team that came out and was NOT ready to play. Their defense was somewhat lackadaisical, and their offense just wasn't firing on all cylinders, and they found their self trailing 22-0 after the first quarter. But they came together as a team, and rallied a huge comeback, and had it not been for an unfortunate fumble in the redzone, they would have walked off the field with a W. The final ended up being 36-32. And this being district play, you better count on Coach Chester McCoy having his boys fired up, and ready to play!
thanks for the explanation. i was just wondering what you were baseing your pick on. i agree it will be a dogfight, but i do think powell will come out on top
i am pretty sure that Morgan is 2 A
Hornets win but not by much
blitz43 Wrote:i am pretty sure that Morgan is 2 A

they are
pirate fanatic Wrote:thanks for the explanation. i was just wondering what you were baseing your pick on. i agree it will be a dogfight, but i do think powell will come out on top

thats fine, its just an opinion
FINAL; POWELL 40 MAGOFFIN 14 great win for the pirates in their first district game.