Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playing with Heart: Knox Central Panthers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#1 Bell County versus #4 Knox Central Friday night was one of the hardest hitting games I have seen in my time in Kentucky. Knox set the tone early by taking the early 7-0 lead over Bell County in the first quarter, but one of the more emotional and heart wrenching moments took place before the game even started as Panther head coach Wayne Mills spoke to his team.

His speech was a reminder that football is not just a game, its not just for fun, but there is a lot more to it. It teaches you about life, it teaches you about teamwork, it teaches you about yourself.

This was evident before the game while Coach Mills talked to the team, and it was evident during the game, as you can tell that even in defeat, the Knox Central Panthers left everything they had on the field.

Knox Central lost the game to Bell County by the score of 21-7, but here is a moment only caught by a WYMT camera that completely made my night while shooting this game.

This is what it is all about right here.
[YOUTUBE="2010 Week Six Prep Zone "Wired Up""]aHYppotZGQ4[/YOUTUBE]

- Rock
www.derekforrest.com
www.twitter.com/derekwymt
Wayne is a great guy!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Wayne is a great guy!!

And a D*** good Coach!!
My son loves playing for Coach Mills and I count it a blessing to entrust him to an amazing friend and Coach. Wayne is a Christian leader who loves his family and blesses every player he touches to make them members of his football family.

We came up short on the scoreboard - and they don't give District banners nor home field advantage for moral victories. But like Wayne said - its not just a game.