Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 33 Cooper 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Score
congrats to SK
Great game SK. Next week is the big one against Ryle. If the stats between last week and this week show anything we may just show the nay sayers once and for all that SK is the real deal with or without Mr.Simpson. Ryle had a tough game against Cooper and yet we walked on them tonight. LETS GO BOYS. I feel another district championship team is rolling towards Independence.
Congrats to the Neers. This did shock me that Cooper did not score
As I have stated in the past. Many people on here give SK alot less credit than deserved. Austin Baldwin is only 17 or 18 tackles from breaking the school record for tackles and Chad Lawrence broke the record tonight for TD passes. The kids in this senior class have not lost many games combined and most of them have played together for 6 to 7 years like this. This is the same group of kids that during their freshman season were undefeated and during their middle school years one group was undefeated and the other group only lost two games to the first mentioned group. This is a great group of winning kids with winning records to prove it.
neerfan Wrote:As I have stated in the past. Many people on here give SK alot less credit than deserved. Austin Baldwin is only 17 or 18 tackles from breaking the school record for tackles and Chad Lawrence broke the record tonight for TD passes. The kids in this senior class have not lost many games combined and most of them have played together for 6 to 7 years like this. This is the same group of kids that during their freshman season were undefeated and during their middle school years one group was undefeated and the other group only lost two games to the first mentioned group. This is a great group of winning kids with winning records to prove it.

A record for most tackles is not always a great stat.
Stardust Wrote:A record for most tackles is not always a great stat.

Maybe if your a safety but this young man is a LINEBACKER AND A VERY GOOD ONE. He probably already has the record for tackles for loss,think that would be good. Keep hittin Austin.:rockon:
Next weeks game against Ryle should be a good one. Looks like 2 teams going in seperate directions. Have to go with the leadership of Lawrence, he's been on a tear as of late.
Next week is for the 1 seed right?Should be a good game.
I think both of these teams could beat St X. That is Simon and Ryle
Cooper 0 0 0 0 0

Simon Kenton 14 6 7 6 33

Scoring summary:
SK--Danny Wetter 79 run (Jarrett Bach pass from Chad Lawrence); SK--Zach Carroll 54 pass from Lawrence (pass failed); SK--Ryan Winkler 20 pass from Lawrence (run failed); SK--Lawrence 9 run (Cody Herald kick); SK--Herald 23 field goal; SK--Herald 22 field goal.
Records: Simon Kenton 5-1, Cooper 2-4.
The Simon Kenton football players found out Friday at 3:15 p.m. during their pre-game meal that head coach Jeff Marksberry would not be on the Pioneers’ sideline, for the first time in his career, during their game against Cooper.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...310010150/

Six hours later, Simon Kenton was celebrating the birth of Marksberry’s second child and assistant coach Mike McDonald’s first varsity football victory.

The Pioneers dominated Cooper for a 33-0 homecoming win at jam-packed Chlorine Menefee Stadium.

"We were just trying to make the coach’s day a little better because it was already a great day," said Simon Kenton running back Danny Wetter, who more than doubled his season rushing total on the Pioneers’ second play from scrimmage.

While Simon Kenton was shutting out the Jaguars, Marksberry was at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Edgewood with his wife and new baby. As the coach learned of scoring updates, he sent text messages to Pioneers radio announcer Steve Jarnicki, who passed them along to the listening audience.

At 8:54 p.m., soon after Cody Herald booted his second field goal of the game, Marksberry texted Jarnicki with the message: "We r still at hospital - what an unbelievable day, healthy beautiful new daughter, happy daughter and wife, and team playing great."

The players had known for weeks that Marksberry, at any time, might be called away when his wife gave word that she was about to deliver the couple’s second child. The Marksberrys expected their new baby next week. But Chloe Elizabeth was born on Friday.

"I was kind of relaxed after I told the kids," said McDonald, who earned his first win since guiding the Simon Kenton junior varsity to a victory in 2008. "Everybody was well-prepared for the game. I just called the plays we wanted to run. I’m just happy the kids executed and we could get a win for Coach."

Following a fizzled Cooper opening drive, Wetter, who entered play with three carries for 29 yards, broke free off right tackle and dashed down the far sideline for a 79-yard touchdown run five minutes into the game.

Wetter finished with 104 yards rushing on six carries as part of a 263-yard rushing effort by the Pioneers (5-1), who totaled 458 yards and won their fifth straight game.

Simon Kenton, ranked third in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll, received a record-breaking performance from quarterback Chad Lawrence, who finished with 195 yards passing and 96 yards rushing against 10th-ranked Cooper (2-6).

Lawrence was intercepted twice, but threw a pair of touchdown passes - a 54-yarder to Zach Carroll to help give the Pioneers a 14-0 first-quarter lead, and a 20-yarder in the second quarter to Ryan Winkler to make it 20-0 at halftime.

Lawrence broke Josh Elbert’s school record of 34 career passing touchdowns with his first scoring toss. He now has 36. He also passed Elbert and moved into second place on the career passing yardage list.

"I think I need to make better decisions," Lawrence said. "But when the defense is playing like that, I think we’ll be OK."

The Pioneers, led by linebackers Austin Baldwin and Kenneth Lockard, held Cooper tailback Dvontae Bradley to 38 yards rushing.
:letspartyCongratulations Jeff and Michelle:AngelPray:Wave:
Congrats SK.