Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central - Rupp Bound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know they are very talented and have one of the top three players in the region in the transfer of Wade Skaggs, but what are your thoughts about this years team? Can they do it?

1) Can Skaggs run this team as PG being a outsider?
2) Is Parker going to be a leader or a distraction to this years team?
3) Will Football take away from the season if they go far in the playoffs?
4) How will they gel together?
5) Who and what will be the keys to a run to Rupp?
The Eagles most certainly have the most talent in the region, but my biggest concern is how well will Skaggs gel with the team. He is shoot first type player, and that doesn't bold well with being a point guard on a team with with a lot of good players. He has to be pass first this upcoming season IMO. He is a deadly outside threat and that should spread the floor out enough to give players like JK Hall & Cody Parker room to do their thing. But most of all, the offense must go through Cody Parker.

Johnson Central is the favorite to win the 15th, but then again the 15th will not be very strong this season.

Best of luck to the Eagles this season!
TSSI Wrote:I know they are very talented and have one of the top three players in the region in the transfer of Wade Skaggs, but what are your thoughts about this years team? Can they do it?

1) Yes he can. Sit down whoever doesn't like it.
2) Nobody knows not even Parker.
3) Football is no excuse, 2 months to get ready regardless.
4) Probably won't happen.
5) Will the players accept two new players in Skaggs and Shane Hall who will take away playing time as well.

Can this team play 5 games for 4 quarters and not blow up? Not based on history but Skaggs will not blow up and will have the ball most of the time.
1. Skaggs could be (probably is) the best player in the 15th. So, he will run the team just fine.

2. Parker has a lot of skills, but not sure of his attitude. I saw him take his jersey off and walk to the locker room (sophomore year) because the coach took him out. Hopefully he's changed a lot since then.

3. They could struggle at first due to the long football season, but they will get things rolling quickly.

4. Getting a team to gel is the coaches responsibility.

5. If the other players can't accept players that will make their "TEAM" better, then the coach needs to deal with those who don't.

Best of luck to Johnson Central!
1. No
2.distraction
3.No
4.They wont, never have with coach M at the reigns.
5.Coach M is the key. He will have to grow up himself and not put up with the nonsense he is getting ready to see.
TSSI Wrote:I know they are very talented and have one of the top three players in the region in the transfer of Wade Skaggs, but what are your thoughts about this years team? Can they do it?

1) Yes
2)Leader
3)No
4)Quite smoothly
5)Coach McKenzie being able to call ALL the shots that concerns HIS team and discipline!!
imo i dont see jc playing very well together... they got to many hot heads but they do have the most talented team. it should be a enteresting yr for eagles.
If their coach takes the bull by the horn and becomes the leader rather than the players buddy they will be playing in Rupp. They have the talent........he just needs to be the BOSS. If a player gets out of hand, sit him down. If he gets mad and leaves, let him walk. Show them early that he's the COACH. The bench is deep enough to let players know where the door is if they can't buy in to the program. No one is greater than the team........

if the eagles are to go to rupp, true coach is gonna have to be in control. i hope when he does it will not affect players who need no discipline. another thing that must happen is they have to be team, don't count on one particular player every nite, as we know noone is on every nite. parker must be different than he's ever been in his life, skaggs has fit in and is one of us for sure, but we cannot and should not rely totally on him, it's unfair to him and the team. jk, super athelete, but needs to know when to shoot, when to pass, when to run, when to walk. tanner bratton, solid 6'4 power forward, gonna rebound, gonna pick, needs to hit put backs. tate salyer, someone noone ever talks about, great athelete, great ability, heart big as texas, last years loss in districts, when everyone else quit, he took it to the whole, had 23 points i believe, player of the game. also we have a host of underclassman, along with 3 or 4 more seniors to go with this team. if we have team, we will dominate, if we play as individuals we will not, it's that simple
Can JC really go from a 10-14 season to a Regional Contender?!
I believe they are and will accomplish the ultimate goal of playing Wed or Thurs at Rupp. I don't know if that give you chills, but it does me. The pieces will have to come together, true but they are in place to be a special year in Johnson Co. Look for big wins at JC this year. One thing I was disappointed with was a poor schedule. With this team, they should have got in some of the elite tournaments. As I see, there is only 1 tournament and that's Pikeville. Not a good test for a team that can finish at Rupp.
Definitely going to Rupp - November 26th 5:50 pm vs Meade Co.
no, belfry's going to rupp.
Varney3 Wrote:no, belfry's going to rupp.

Is belfry booking lower arena seats or are they gonna be in the nosebleeds?
Varney3 Wrote:no, belfry's going to rupp.

I am pretty sure that Betsy Layne would be the one's most likely to go other than JC and I think they have a very good chance of doing so!
leecoukfan Wrote:I am pretty sure that Betsy Layne would be the one's most likely to go other than JC and I think they have a very good chance of doing so!

think what you want, but BL only beat by us by about 5 this summer and we didn't have all our players. myself and another starter were at belfry's graduation and couldn't make it to the game. there's not a chance that i'm going to let them or anyone else in the 15th take the region title from me my senior year. we've worked too hard and have too much talent to let it slip through our fingers. we're going to surprise everyone, wait and see.
leecoukfan Wrote:I am pretty sure that Betsy Layne would be the one's most likely to go other than JC and I think they have a very good chance of doing so!

PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Is belfry booking lower arena seats or are they gonna be in the nosebleeds?

neither, we'll be playing. witness.
Varney3 Wrote:think what you want, but BL only beat by us by about 5 this summer and we didn't have all our players. myself and another starter were at belfry's graduation and couldn't make it to the game. there's not a chance that i'm going to let them or anyone else in the 15th take the region title from me my senior year. we've worked too hard and have too much talent to let it slip through our fingers. we're going to surprise everyone, wait and see.

if the point guard would getta play then mayb belfry would have a chance at playing for the region title not win but playing for without him idont see them doing very good
Varney3 Wrote:think what you want, but BL only beat by us by about 5 this summer and we didn't have all our players. myself and another starter were at belfry's graduation and couldn't make it to the game. there's not a chance that i'm going to let them or anyone else in the 15th take the region title from me my senior year. we've worked too hard and have too much talent to let it slip through our fingers. we're going to surprise everyone, wait and see.

Should make for an interesting season!
BL beat belfry by 15 + over the summer in the Morehead state basketball camp...