Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LeBron Blames Racism for Negative Media Coverage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an interview with CNN, LeBron James and his manager/CEO of his marketing company, LRMR, Maverick Carter, pointed to race as a factor in how the media/public reacted to ESPN's 'The Decision.'

Anchor and special correspondent for CNN, Soledad O'Brien, proposed the question.

"Do you think there's a role that race plays in [The Decision] this?"

James' and Carter's responses, respectively.

James: "I think so at times. It's always, you know, a race factor."

Carter: "It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written for sure."

The race card is always a tough subject. The validity of hidden racism in cases like these can be examined over and over again with no results.

LOL. Wow Lebron. Wow.
^ I don't agree to this at all..
I never heard one thing race related coming from the one hour special..
Except for may Rev. Jackson lol...
^ Turn it to espn, they was talking about it.
That's a joke.
^ Lebron's a joke.
I love how everything is blamed on racism.

Lebron is turning into a drama queen.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I love how everything is blamed on racism.

He is the Donovan McNabb of the NBA...
Just another reason for me not to like Lebron. If any other athlete of his caliber did what he did to there hometown in a one hour special, they would get the same treatment.
K_Mac Wrote:^ Lebron's a joke.

Why, because Lebron used the "Race" word? Not unlike Kobe during the Denver fiasco did when blaming the press for the amount of coverage on race. Is Lebron so different than Kobe and his ruse to deflect????
Stardust Wrote:Why, because Lebron used the "Race" word? Not unlike Kobe during the Denver fiasco did when blaming the press for the amount of coverage on race. Is Lebron so different than Kobe and his ruse to deflect????

Well i agree with you. But the reason people don't alot of this on Kobe is because he is a champion 5 times. When people see Lebron complain the see someone who is making excuses cause he didn't provide the cavs with a title. When they see kobe complain they see that its a reason for something else other than winning because he's already proved he can do that time and time again.
Blaming racism and citing race as a factor are two WORLDS apart.
All i do is win Wrote:Well i agree with you. But the reason people don't alot of this on Kobe is because he is a champion 5 times. When people see Lebron complain the see someone who is making excuses cause he didn't provide the cavs with a title. When they see kobe complain they see that its a reason for something else other than winning because he's already proved he can do that time and time again.

Kobe had not won 5 titles when he used the race card many years ago.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Blaming racism and citing race as a factor are two WORLDS apart.

I don't disagree with you at all. And I think Lebron was specific to stating that race was a factor. But using the word "Race" is volcanic and should not be used freely when their is no proof that it existed. This is riding the coat tails of those who truly were wronged, and does not fit an athlete who has never ever faced criticism, who now is seeing it the first time in his life and can't figure out why. I would say that he can have that opinion, but mine is that race had NOTHING to do with the hatred he has seen. I'm pretty confident that Roger Clemons can't get by with using the race card for all the hate he has received!
Stardust Wrote:Kobe had not won 5 titles when he used the race card many years ago.

He had 3 Big Grin
zaga_fan Wrote:He is the Donovan McNabb of the NBA...

Exactly the first thing that popped in my mind. jeez man.....we have a black president how the **** are we going to racist agianst you. What about Michael Jordan? I never saw him doing "The Decision" kiss my :moon: ....maybe you being selfish got you some negative media and every NBA hall of famer calling you out. Wonder if they were racist too?
I just think its a Lebron Move. He's a big baby. Things dont go his way he shows his true colors. We have seen it time and time again.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I just think its a Lebron Move. He's a big baby. Things dont go his way he shows his true colors. We have seen it time and time again.

:Thumbs:
beasy_bo Wrote:Exactly the first thing that popped in my mind. jeez man.....we have a black president how the **** are we going to racist agianst you. What about Michael Jordan? I never saw him doing "The Decision" kiss my :moon: ....maybe you being selfish got you some negative media and every NBA hall of famer calling you out. Wonder if they were racist too?

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I love how everything is blamed on racism.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
LeBron has played the race card copout. And he has now shown that he doesnt care if you respect him or not. So, I choose not to, lol..and although I dont think it will, I hope this season turns into a nightmare failure for the Heat.