Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steeler VS Ravens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think?
If the Steeler D. keeps playing this way and they get some offense, Ravens will not have a chance.
So after the Cleveland Browns’ Peyton Hillis gashed the defense for 144 yards, what can the Pittsburgh Steelers’ Rashard Mendenhall expect next Sunday?
I think we will be able to pass against them.
At the Ravens?? If so that is enough for me to give them 3-6 point edge.
It is going to be a good game and defensively I think we'll terrorize Wacko Flacco...the offensive side of things has me a little more concerned. We will see what Sunday holds. Can't wait to get Ben back after this one. Going 4-0 with a major divisional win will definitely be a good thing for us after this one..
Steelers-Ravens rivalry:

The rivalry between the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers is one of the most intense in the National Football League. Both teams are members of the AFC North division, and play at least twice a year in what are often battles for division supremacy. Both teams are known for fielding tough,hard- hitting defensive squads, giving their games an extra element of physical intensity.
The two teams have met in the post season twice, with the Steelers coming away victorious both times. They are the only two teams in the AFC North to have won the Super Bowl, and possess a combined 7-1 record in the game.

Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers
History:

1st Meeting September 8, 1996
Last Meeting December 27, 2009
Next Meeting October 3. 2010
Number of Meetings 28
All-time Series Pitt: 19-11

Pitt, 7-7 @ Baltimore
Pitt, 12-4 @ Pittsburgh

Regular Season Series Pitt-17-11

Pitt, 7-7 @ Baltimore
Pitt, 10-4 @ Pittsburgh

Largest victory Pitt: 37-0 (11/9/1997)
Current Streak Pitt: won 1

Longest Bal Win
Streak 3 (2005-2006)

Longest Pit Win Streak
5 (1997-1999), (2001-2003)

Post Season Series Pit: 2-0

January 20, 2002 Steelers won 27-10
January 18, 2009 Steelers won 23-14

Championship Success:

Super Bowl Championships (7)

Pit (6)- 1974,1975,1978,1979,2005,2008
Bal (1) 2000

Conference Championships (
Pit (7)- 1974,1975,1978,1979,1995,2005,2008
Bal (1)- 2000

Divisional Championships (21)

Pitt (19)-1972,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978,1979,1983,1984,1992,1994,1995,1996,1997,2001,2002,2004,2007,2008
Bal (2)- 2003,2006

Baltimore Ravens:

Always known for their ferocious defense though the years led by all-pro Ray Lewis, H. Ngata, T. Suggs, who are part of a front seven that's one of the best in the game like the Steelers in stopping the run. Ray Lewis is the lynch pin of this defense leading them in his vocal antics, emotional outbursts, and cheer leading, but his performance on the field makes him not only the leader of the team, but the face of the Ravens.
Through the years they won their games predominately by defense, now they are trying to improve their offense with the addition of Bolden, Houshmandzadeh combined with Mason, Heap, and their strong run game led by Ray Rice.
This is a team most people in the Media picked not only to win the division but compete for a super bowl berth, only one problem stands in their way the ..........Steelers. They will be coming to Heinz field with a chip on their shoulder like they always do, so the games this week will be typical of all Steeler Raven games.......Physical.

The Steelers:

Starting with the suspension of Ben there was some uncertainty entering the 2010 season, which was compounded by the loss of Willie Colon for the season, the trade of Santonio Holmes to the Jets, and who would be the QB until Ben gets back.
Mike Tomlin had a tough task of determining who would be his starting QB entering the regular season. Through training camp Tomlin had to divide reps for Lefty, Dixon, and Ben with Batch watching. Lefty had the majority of snaps with the first team, so it was presumed he would be the starter come opening day, however he was injured in the pre-season which gave Dixon the opportunity to be the starter opening day. After a slow start he had a decent outing considering it was only his second start in a regular season game. Then game two with the Titans Dixon injured his knee and is expected to miss extended time. Out of nowhere Charlie Batch was elevated to fill in for Dixon, complete the Titan game and start the following week against Tampa Bay, literary rising from the ashes as it was expected he would be released. With a solid week of practice under his belt Charlie performed admirably against the Bucs throwing for 3 TD'S and a run that also contributed to the success of the offense.
Now it's game four against the Ravens, and we are sitting on top of the AFC North with a chance to have a two game lead over the Ravens if we win this game. Many thought that a split with the four games would of been good, now that we have a shot of being 4-0 after this game is remarkable considering what this team has been through.

The Match Ups:

Raven run defense vs. Steeler rushing attack:

Historically the Ravens had great success's against our running game, very few yards. were gained against their front seven led by the great run stopper of Ngata, and Ray Lewis. This is the strongest part of their defense so it may be a tough day for Steeler backs to gain positive yards, but you never know how the outcome will be.
EDGE____ Ravens

Raven Pass offense vs. Steeler pass defense:

Even though the Ravens bolstered their receiving corps it won't be enough for the Ravens to have success getting to the end zone, as Flacco will be seeing the turf on a regular basis with the best LB corps in the game.....Steelers leading the way. With Troy healthy and Aaron Smith back it will be a long day for Flacco and company.
EDGE______Steelers

Steeler Pass Offense vs. Raven Defense:

This could be a disadvantage for the Steelers, since Big Ben won't play and Raven killer Santonio Holmes is now with the Jets. However Charlie Batch has the ability of having success even when the chips are down, we seen it when he was expected to be released then elevated to play in this game. The success he had against Tampa Bay may very well help him in this game, all he has to do is manage it and limit turnovers. While Holmes is departed we have a potential Raven killer #2 in Mike Wallace who I believe can put some damage on the Raven weakness their.....pass defense.
EDGE-Steelers

Raven Run Offense vs. Steeler defense:

The Steelers are one of the best if not the best in stopping the run, but in the past Ray Rice found a way to gouge our defense for some good yardage, but I don't think that will be the case in this game, we might not stop him from gaining positive yards. but we will limit his production as well as the other backs they have.

EDGE-Steelers

Intangibles Ravens:

You can throw out the window their past three games, like all Steeler Raven games it promises to go down to the wire giving the rats a chance. They will try to exploit Batch and pressure him and disguising their coverages to their advantage, and find a way for rice to hit the crease for some long gains. Their defense will be extra motivated in this particular game on account its a divisional game and they don't want to fall behind two games to the Steelers.
They don't have Ben to deal with and killer Holmes that plagued them in the past.

Intangibles Steelers:

We have a sound record of taking care of business against the Ravens at home with the stellar play by our defense and the home crowd, but the biggest battle to win in this type of game is turnovers, something I believe will be the ultimate factor on who wins this game. I trust our defense to win that battle, led by another Raven killer Silver back who transforms himself to Super Human when these two giants collide.
even though this is at Baltimore, I still have to pick the Steelers, They are rolling right now. Will Ben R be back at this game?
This game is at home for the Steelers.
Big Ben will be back for the Browns game after the bye week.
^ and if he plays, it will mean a loss for the Steelers.
At least if he plays on Sunday that might keep him from raping some chick at the club the night before.

Its a win win, Steelers get there starting QB back, and the club scene in Pburg is a little safer.
Steelers...
csabo17 Wrote:At least if he plays on Sunday that might keep him from raping some chick at the club the night before.

Its a win win, Steelers get there starting QB back, and the club scene in Pburg is a little safer.

:omg: WOW! I think I am just going to sit back and watch the fireworks on this one.... LOL - I love it csabo, way to get this party started:Thumbs:
csabo17 Wrote:At least if he plays on Sunday that might keep him from raping some chick at the club the night before.

:lmao::lmao:

This is the best post of the day.

Captain Backdoor gives two thumbs up :Thumbs::Thumbs:
Welcome back dust, we didnt get a bengals thread this week. You were in Vegas and I had a meeting i had to attend. Although most of the meeting was me looking at my phone for updates.
Stardust Wrote::omg: WOW! I think I am just going to sit back and watch the fireworks on this one.... LOL - I love it csabo, way to get this party started:Thumbs:

I dont know how the Steeler fans will get on here and say anything other than my post is right on the money.
Ravens.
I look for a VERY low scoring game. Both have two of the best defenses in the league. The Ravens have a better offense right now(with Ben the steelers do), but the steelers D has the edge over the ravens defense becuase of a better linebacker crew, and Troy.

I say Pittsburgh 10-7

TongueirateSho

Did I miss something was he charged with rape?:popcorn:

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Me being a Steelers fan Ive forgotten what jealousy feels like. Because in reality with 6 Lombardis to our credit, who do we have to be jealous of? But, when I read in yours and all other hopelessly devoted bungals fans posts about the Steelers. I can at least be reminded of what true jealousy sounds like. So heres to you Mr. Insanely Jealous bungals fans for proving that no matter how pathetic the bungals may seem, their fans are even that much worse. Oh yeah I almost forgot

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

This coming from a fan whose favorite team leads the NFL with 31 arrests since 2000.

Jarons Wrote:This coming from a fan whose favorite team leads the NFL with 31 arrests since 2000.

Jealousy will get you nowhere
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Jealousy is an ugly thing. Me being a Steelers fan Ive forgotten what jealousy feels like. Because in reality with 6 Lombardis to our credit, who do we have to be jealous of? But, when I read in yours and all other hopelessly devoted bungals fans posts about the Steelers. I can at least be reminded of what true jealousy sounds like. So heres to you Mr. Insanely Jealous bungals fans for proving that no matter how pathetic the bungals may seem, their fans are even that much worse. Oh yeah I almost forgot

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

"OUR" - How many of those are you responsible for????? I love the fans who lay claim for sitting in front of the telvision, drinking beer and laying claim to something they had nothing to do with.... :biggrin:
Steelers got it in the bag!
Going with my Steelers!
If you want to watch every Steelers game pm me. AND KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF PLEASE.
Pittsburgh will win the typical Steelers/Ravens type game in typical Steelers fashion..Steelers 17-10..and I cant understand why you Bengal fans hate on the Steelers so much. Seriously, you all sold out one game a year for 20 years at your own stadium, and it was because of the Steelers buying 50,000 tickets. But thats the difference in being a 10-11 win playoff team every year, and a team that gets number 1 draft picks every year (and still dont have anything to show for it). Yeah, go ahead and call our quarterback (thats never been charged or arrested for anything) what you will, but while your at it, dont forget he has raped your sorry *** franchise 9 out of 13 times he's faced them too..and another thing, there are grown men and women of legal age that has never seen your sorry *** franchise win a playoff game. So hate on the Steelers all you want, we were better than you yesterday. We're better than you today, and we'll be better than you tomorrow. I should also point out to you Bengal fans (all five of you) that you would have to sweep the Steelers EIGHT more seasons in a row in order to take a series lead on our beloved Steelers (47-32 series lead). So again, dont hate on the Steelers. We're gonna take your lunch money again this year, and everything will be right again. But look on the bright side, although you'll never win a playoff game again, at least your somewhat competitive. And congrats on your nice AFC Central title last year. Now you know what its like to be a Steelers fan every year Big Grin
Pages: 1 2