Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest Surprise This Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well now that we are well into the season whats everyone's biggest surprise or let downs so far this year?
Biggest Surprise would be Perry Central - but I'll reserve my official statement until they go on the road and play, they have seven straight home games to kick off the season. I think a team needs to travel early and face some adversity, a vital part of any team is being tested and finding your weaknesses before your in district play, even if it means an L

Letcher Co Central is my biggest let down I figured these guys would roll this season.

Just goes to show you why we play the games.
Letcher Central has to top the stack. They are coming off a solid season that would make you think they would be solid. Sad situation for that community.

Perry Central indeed is getting it done. But I have never heard of team playing that many in a row at home...
they have 6 straight home games, then they go to clay. cant wait for that game.

letcher has been the biggest letdown though, i picked them to win the district in the summer. now im starting to think they wont make the playoffs.
With Whitaker as the Head Coach LCC does not surprise me.

Whitley is the biggest surprise to me. They seem to have really taken a few steps back this season.
whitley hasnt suprised me much because of what they lost. they have actually played better than i thought they would even though they have only 1 win.
William Muney Wrote:With Whitaker as the Head Coach LCC does not surprise me.

Whitley is the biggest surprise to me. They seem to have really taken a few steps back this season.

Whitley has shown improvement in some games. This is definitely a rebuilding year for the Colonels. With numbers in the low 30s dressing out for varsity games, its going to be tough for the colonels to do anything. Out of those numbers, we have 7-8 players playing both ways for a full game, and to make matters worse, Whitley lost 6 players for the Harlan game due to injuries and illness, things are looking down now, i just hope they can make a run at the playoffs.
Biggest Surprise is Perry County Central with the biggest disappointment Letcher County Central.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley has shown improvement in some games. This is definitely a rebuilding year for the Colonels. With numbers in the low 30s dressing out for varsity games, its going to be tough for the colonels to do anything. Out of those numbers, we have 7-8 players playing both ways for a full game, and to make matters worse, Whitley lost 6 players for the Harlan game due to injuries and illness, things are looking down now, i just hope they can make a run at the playoffs.

I hope they do too. Lots of respect for the Colonel program.
Before I say this,Im not hating on PCC nor trying to get anyone ratttled! How is PC a suprise? They are 5-0, ALL GAMES @ HOME. They beat Casey, Knott, and Logan, any of them a suprise to anyone? They beat Breathitt, beat them by 20, yes that did suprise me but LCC is very down. They got one win that suprises me. They have been a favorite in 4/5 games not really a suprise team to me.
My biggest surprise SheldonClark. Ive seen this team play and I know their way better than 2-4 but Im suprise to see them only have 2 wins.The cards are way better IMO than a 2 win team. They are deff the best 2 win team in the MTs.
Tailback44 Wrote:Before I say this,Im not hating on PCC nor trying to get anyone ratttled! How is PC a suprise? They are 5-0, ALL GAMES @ HOME. They beat Casey, Knott, and Logan, any of them a suprise to anyone? They beat Breathitt, beat them by 20, yes that did suprise me but LCC is very down. They got one win that suprises me. They have been a favorite in 4/5 games not really a suprise team to me.

Does it kill you that Perry is having a good season?
I also agree that Perry Central is the biggest surprise this year, granted their 1st 3 wins were against spotty competition, but they rolled over Breathitt and LCC, both quality wins.
Oldtiger Wrote:Biggest Surprise would be Perry Central - but I'll reserve my official statement until they go on the road and play, they have seven straight home games to kick off the season. I think a team needs to travel early and face some adversity, a vital part of any team is being tested and finding your weaknesses before your in district play, even if it means an L

Letcher Co Central is my biggest let down I figured these guys would roll this season.

Just goes to show you why we play the games.

This sounds about right, I might have to give some credit to Middlesboro. They played good earlier this season.
Tailback44 Wrote:My biggest surprise SheldonClark. Ive seen this team play and I know their way better than 2-4 but Im suprise to see them only have 2 wins.The cards are way better IMO than a 2 win team. They are deff the best 2 win team in the MTs.

I agree! Prior to the season if someone would have ask my prediction six games into the season, I would have thought 4W - 2L. And prior to my getting the straight on Collins, I would have thought SC capable of 5 and 1.

But, I guess that would tell you that I shouldn't be a betting man. And again, in reality, games are won and lost on the field.
Washington County (5-0)....The scoreboard says a 3-0 win over Marion?
I would have to say Pineville has surprised me. I knew they would have a good team but didn't see them being 5-0!!:rockon: Coach Bart Elam is doing a terric job down there!! "How About Them Mountainlions"
Seeing Kristian Skyles being used as a secondary back, being used as a power back up the middle so many times, and him not having the opportunity to utilize his speed. It appears to me a lot of talent underutilized!
Perry being undefeated is not a surprise. There clearly better than most the teams on there schedule and are a top 2 team in there district with Clay Co.
I think Letcher being down like they are is the biggest suprise.
king360 Wrote:I think Letcher being down like they are is the biggest suprise.

True.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:I would have to say Pineville has surprised me. I knew they would have a good team but didn't see them being 5-0!!:rockon: Coach Bart Elam is doing a terric job down there!! "How About Them Mountainlions"

Pineville for sure. I didnt expect them to be 5-0 at this point either. Yet I didnt expect them to play 5 teams with loosing records either ... and Estill Co. this week hasn't a good record either in fact, none of the next 3 opponents have winning records. Wont be till Hazard comes to Pineville that we actually play someone, with Williamsburg the following week. Still I am supprised.

:worthy:
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:I would have to say Pineville has surprised me. I knew they would have a good team but didn't see them being 5-0!!:rockon: Coach Bart Elam is doing a terric job down there!! "How About Them Mountainlions"

Pineville has been a pleasant surprise for me this season as well. As I have said multiple times in the past, I love seeing Pineville have success. Even when we used to play them in the early 00's during their "Dark Ages" their players always played with a lot of heart and played the game with honour and integrity. I hope this program can continue to build upon their recent success and continue to improve. Great job Mountain Lions!
LCC tops everyone's list. Somerset has surprised me as well being so dominant.
Hazard has surprised me a lot this year after losing a lot of key players off last years team. I know there offense returned but lost a lot of the line and defensive lne and they are setting at 5 and 0 and this time last year they where 3-2 going into the breathitt game. Defense looks ok for hazard but they must get better before the playoff and the special teams have to get WAY~!!!!!!!!!! better

Also Letcher has been a big surprise also because they are 1-4. I think the loss to PCC was the worst District loss they have ever had.

This years Perry team could of been of easy been 2 and 2 with loss to Casey and Logan before playing letcher but the team showed heart to fight back and get some good wins. They are a surprise because they are still undefeated. October the 8th will show you how good PCC is.
Letcher

and the Harlan County JV
I thought they would be doing better
[Image: kmebojxpfm7newpq5kob.jpg]
I truly am surprised that PCC is doing as well as they are..
In all my years of seeing them play, this is by far their best season imo..
So far so good for the 10-0 prediction by warmachine..
Homes 5-0 wow.
Bishop Brossart 5-0 until they play Beechwood.
My pick would be the Fort Campbell Falcons - from being a near invincible AA championship team the past three years to becoming this year's 1-5 also ran. Guess they still have time to turn it around when and if Tre Powell returns for district play. From the looks of it, I doubt one player can reverse their fortunes. For example - a team that obviously cannot pass effectively insists on throwing it anyway when their success is on the ground. The loss of the OC to another coaching job is looming large and the record has to be a huge disappointment to their loyal fans. This program in the past five years has sent several kids to D1 programs including UK, WKU, Murray, UT Martin
Pages: 1 2