Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. @ McCreary Central 10/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell County (4-1)

McCreary Central (1-4)

thoughts?
Powell makes a long trip to Sterns, Ky. We better be focused and ready to play. Those long trips are killer. Do what you know and we will be fine.
Pirates by 3 TD's. Time to pick it up.
Strikeout King Wrote:Powell County (4-1)

McCreary Central (1-4)

thoughts?
Powell will beat McCreary but they will lose to Estill, Breathitt, Magoffin and West Carter. 4-1 will become 5-5 when it's all said and done. Powell will end up a 500 ball club.
powell was pretty banged up after the casey co. game and they still won. i admit by not as much as they should have, but they did win even with their leading tackler out. i see powell finishing with just one more loss maybe no losses if they stay healthy and play to their capability
pirate fanatic Wrote:powell was pretty banged up after the casey co. game and they still won. i admit by not as much as they should have, but they did win even with their leading tackler out. i see powell finishing with just one more loss maybe no losses if they stay healthy and play to their capability

And they were also playing a winless Madison Southern team
I do believe that McCreary Central has the capability to make this interesting at home, but will they actually do that? I doubt it.

Powell Co. - 35

McCreary Central - 24
but a wins a win. right? this team beat powell by close to 40 last year. so i say it was a confidence builder being that they lost so bad last year and were banged up this year. they never quit and it wasnt the first time powell had been down this year and came back. last year they would have quit.
pirate fanatic Wrote:but a wins a win. right? this team beat powell by close to 40 last year. so i say it was a confidence builder being that they lost so bad last year and were banged up this year. they never quit and it wasnt the first time powell had been down this year and came back. last year they would have quit.

Yes, I completely agree with you but as a player I don't know how much of a confidence builder it is beating a winless team but maybe you feel different.
Powell Co by 2 TDs.
McCreary County football left town with Watts and Roark.....I'll take Powell 35-14.
i agree that a win over a winless team is not great but its a whole lot better than a loss to a winless team. i was pointing more toward the fact that they were not at full strength and came from behind to win. they didnt quit as i think they would have last year. i would also like to state the fact although madison southern was winless, they have several very good backs and i am suprised that they are winless.
powell hasnt played anyone and wont until district play. they can pad their schedule all they want to get wins but we'll see who in the district goes deep into the playoffs (Breathitt and Estill)
PC
please explain to me how powell is padding their schedule? they are playing the exact same schedule they played last year and finished 2&9. they've beaten morgan who has beaten magoffin.
Powell Co.
pirate fanatic Wrote:please explain to me how powell is padding their schedule? they are playing the exact same schedule they played last year and finished 2&9. they've beaten morgan who has beaten magoffin.

all im saying is give them Breathitt or Estill schedule and they go 0 and 10 to 1 and 9
AMEN to that.
PC by 18
jumpshooter Wrote:all im saying is give them Breathitt or Estill schedule and they go 0 and 10 to 1 and 9

Yes Sir! I do believe that sounds about right!
jumpshooter Wrote:all im saying is give them Breathitt or Estill schedule and they go 0 and 10 to 1 and 9

Agreed. But the teams that Powell County play are tough to them. I mean, whens the last time Powell actually had a win over a quality opponent? And no, I'm not trying to bash on Powell County.
I could care less about non-district opponents. They just get you ready for district. Look at it 2 ways. (1) weak non-district may not prepare you for quality district opponents but you can stay fairly healthy, keep the teams' confidence up, & should get a lot of kids playing experience. (2) strong non-district may get you beat up really bad, keep the teams confidence low & get playing experience while your team is getting blown out. A tough non-district schedule is way over-rated. Simple fact is, you have to go out and compete every Friday night regardless who you are playing. Beat the teams your supposed to beat and steal a couple from some teams your not supposed to beat.
blitz43 Wrote:I could care less about non-district opponents. They just get you ready for district. Look at it 2 ways. (1) weak non-district may not prepare you for quality district opponents but you can stay fairly healthy, keep the teams' confidence up, & should get a lot of kids playing experience. (2) strong non-district may get you beat up really bad, keep the teams confidence low & get playing experience while your team is getting blown out. A tough non-district schedule is way over-rated. Simple fact is, you have to go out and compete every Friday night regardless who you are playing. Beat the teams your supposed to beat and steal a couple from some teams your not supposed to beat.

Steal;yeah you used the right word on that one.Ask Morgan County.The refs will always try to keep it close in Powell County.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Steal;yeah you used the right word on that one.Ask Morgan County.The refs will always try to keep it close in Powell County.
Now Now Just because they threw Morgan's qb out and gave Powell a TD on a bobbling out of bounds catch, it was a well officiated game:lmao::lmao: