Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matewan, WV @ Prestonsburg 10/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Matewan is 4-0, but none of their wins are very impressive.

I think Prestonsburg takes this one by 28.
P-Burg BIG
cuppett777 Wrote:P-Burg BIG

:Thumbs:
Being originally from Gilbert, WV, Matewan is a huge rivalry to us. I hope P'Burg beats em like a drum. Go Blackcats!!!!!
Pburg wins this one big
I would have to go with Prestonsburg, after watching them the other night beat a flat SC soundly. I think they are pretty good and will improve as the season moves forward. Also, they appear to be well coached.
matewan has no chance, all their wins so far is from thems that a middle school team could beat, they are finally playing a good team, let's see what happens
Blackcats by 35
Prestonsburg by 18.
P-burg needs to work to advance its running game BADLY. Looking ahead to the playoffs, it does NOT want to be caught without the ability to execute it effectively.

At some point, an opponent is going to line up defensively or come up with a coverage scheme to force the Blackcats to drive the field.

Now that the defense is coming around, the next facet of the team which needs to bloom is the running game. I'd love to see the offense put up 250-300 rushing yds. on someone.

:popcorn:
I've picked against the Blackcats three times this year and been wrong each time. I've learned my lesson. P burg by 21.
The Blackcats win big in this one. My one hope is the referees get control of this game early. Last year when P-burg was at Matewan, it appeared that Matewan's full intent was to take cheap shots, late hits, and see who they could hurt.
Prestonsburg looked very good last week and I think they will handle Matewan without too much trouble. I would think 2 to 3 TDs.
P-burg should win this one easy
Im not 100% positive but I think Matewan is ranked #1 in 1a
Matewan is 4-0 coming into the game. But from checking them out, it appears those wins have come against sub-par opponents.

If the Tigers are the real thing, they get a chance to show it Friday. If not, that'll become apparent, also.
Pburg by as many as they want
Is Yogi kinder still the coach at Matewan?
P-burg in a big win. 48 - 12.
Redneck Wrote:Is Yogi kinder still the coach at Matewan?
Yes, Yogi is still the man at Matewan
No,Yogi Kinder is not there. Their coach is John Fry.
P-Burg big.
P-Burg wins about like last year P-Burg will remember last year and turn it on
pour Matewan go BLACKCAT'S!!!!!!!!!!
Feel bad for matewan lol.
No problems for the Blackcats.
Just found out from talking fball this wk. with some of the guys over Matewan (they are #1 in 1A in WV, and Pburg #4 in 2A in Ky). This should be a good one! But I'll take Pburg by 7.
Prestonburg by 14
Even though i aint a fan of matewan or prestonsburg, i honestly have to give this one to matewan by a small margin, i think it will be a war, but these boys battle 'til the final buzzer, i think prestonsburg is in for a rude awakening when that experianced crew of tigers comes to town! Matewan all the way!!!
belfrypiratefan Wrote:Even though i aint a fan of matewan or prestonsburg, i honestly have to give this one to matewan by a small margin, i think it will be a war, but these boys battle 'til the final buzzer, i think prestonsburg is in for a rude awakening when that experianced crew of tigers comes to town! Matewan all the way!!!

When is the new school in Matewan too open?
Captain Crook Wrote:When is the new school in Matewan too open?
P-burg shouldn't have any problem with the tigers. They don't play the competition P-burg plays. Matewan is way over-rated. The new school is due to open next school year. The hold up is the new road for Mingo Central High School. They should be very competitive in most sports. The Gilbert Lions joining in will make it a great Football school. They should be a big AA school. I also heard that Yogi Kinder was already named the Head Coach.
Showtime_05 Wrote:No,Yogi Kinder is not there. Their coach is John Fry.
My bad, Yogi was still listed as coach on the roster pulled from the WVa. high school site.
Pages: 1 2