Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 76 - South Floyd 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just think this game could have been easily won without scoring 76 points.
Talking about a blowout did they call the dogs off and still was scoring are did they run it up?
Grats ER
Great win for ER,if the game turned out opposite would there still be this much whining.Probably so, theres always a winner and a loser and an excuse why and several complaints. Let these high school kids play and worry about the next game.
Ok, quick, slightly OT question... this happened out East in VA last night... guy had 6 TD's & 3 2-pt. conversions as his team scored 70 points. Did they run up the score?

Would it make a diff. if I said the total # of TDs his team scored while they had the lead was ZERO?

In hindsight, sure ER coulda won the game by scoring less than 76 points, but it helps the team in the long run to play the back-ups. If that means giving up 30 points in under 2 quarters, fine... they could afford it. And if that meant the 1st team O had to come back in for a while, or the 2nd string QB needed to pass, who cares? A 32 pt. win by itself is in no way running it up. But if the 1st team O scored the last TD when they were leading by 25 or more in the 4th, that would be different.
VHSL-helper Wrote:Ok, quick, slightly OT question... this happened out East in VA last night... guy had 6 TD's & 3 2-pt. conversions as his team scored 70 points. Did they run up the score?

Would it make a diff. if I said the total # of TDs his team scored while they had the lead was ZERO?

In hindsight, sure ER coulda won the game by scoring less than 76 points, but it helps the team in the long run to play the back-ups. If that means giving up 30 points in under 2 quarters, fine... they could afford it. And if that meant the 1st team O had to come back in for a while, or the 2nd string QB needed to pass, who cares? A 32 pt. win by itself is in no way running it up. But if the 1st team O scored the last TD when they were leading by 25 or more in the 4th, that would be different.

I guess I just want to be like Coach Haywood too much. Go figure.
Real Badman Wrote:I guess I just want to be like Coach Haywood too much. Go figure.

Um, I would say you do...

Past East Ridge / Belfry scores:

03'-- 55-7
04'-- 55-0
05'-- 41-0
06'-- 48-6
07'-- 53-6
08'-- 58-6
09'-- 48-0

All Belfry.

I just really dont understand your logic in thinking ER ran up the score. Heck, a SF fan and most everyone else said that wasn't the case.
VoR_58 Wrote:Um, I would say you do...

Past East Ridge / Belfry scores:

03'-- 55-7
04'-- 55-0
05'-- 41-0
06'-- 48-6
07'-- 53-6
08'-- 58-6
09'-- 48-0

All Belfry.

I just really dont understand your logic in thinking ER ran up the score. Heck, a SF fan and most everyone else said that wasn't the case.

You completely missed my point. I didnt mean anything about a Belfry/East Ridge game.
Real Badman Wrote:You completely missed my point. I didnt mean anything about a Belfry/East Ridge game.

No, I got your point. You missed my point. Did you expect Belfry just to beat ER like 7-0, 20-0, or 32-0 so they wouldnt be "running up the score?"
VoR_58 Wrote:No, I got your point. You missed my point. Did you expect Belfry just to beat ER like 7-0, 20-0, or 32-0 so they wouldnt be "running up the score?"

I'm done with you. You have proven to me to be a lesser person. You can go ahead and make your phone call buddy. I just dont care anymore. Believe me, I have other places to go. I am dont with you and your ignorant self.

On a completely different note.

I spoke to Brad last night. I want too give him a public apology. My opinion is I would have still done things a bit differently, but If Jody was alright with that then so am I.
Real Badman Wrote:I'm done with you. You have proven to me to be a lesser person. You can go ahead and make your phone call buddy. I just dont care anymore. Believe me, I have other places to go. I am dont with you and your ignorant self.

On a completely different note.

I spoke to Brad last night. I want too give him a public apology. My opinion is I would have still done things a bit differently, but If Jody was alright with that then so am I.

Well, when you become a coach then you can do things your way instead of gettin on here and acting like you're Vince Lombardi.

Your done with me because you know Im right. I dont think Im a lesser person because I tell it like it is. Thats what my name means, Voice of Reason.
:1::Clap:
Badman, I love ya and all buddy, but we disagree here, lol..if there's time on the clock, keep scoring. If there's time on the clock, keep the other team from scoring and get the ball back so you can keep scoring Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3