Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martha Layne Collins 52 - Bullitt East 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

The score was 35-0 at the end of the first quarter and 45-7 at halftime. Nice win for the Titans.
congrats to MLC
congrats Titans!!
Congrats MLC on another big win!
Bullitt East 0 7 0 0 7
Collins 35 10 0 7 52
Scoring summary:
C--Tavis Elzy 6 pass from Brandon Cresap (Austin Nakatani kick); C--Darian Dugle 23 run (Nakatani kick); C--Ben Axline 10 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); C--Dugle 9 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); C--Elzy 18 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); BE--Buzz Hadley 4 run (Devyn Noe kick); C--Axline 2 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); C--Nakatani 33 field goal; C--Donte Jones 13 run (Nakatani kick).
Records: Collins 5-1, Bullitt East 3-3.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z10VT65FKy
Congrats MLC
This game was complete domination from the get go, the game was already decided in the first quarter. I never seen a team jump out to such a quick lead like that before. Congrats Collins!
MLC has been putting up huge numbers on offense this season.
They will finish second in the district and host a playoff game. They can score points, there is no doubt in my mind, but the question is, can they stop someone when it comes down to nut cutting time???
[quote=Stardust]Bullitt East 0 7 0 0 7
Collins 35 10 0 7 52
Scoring summary:
C--Tavis Elzy 6 pass from Brandon Cresap (Austin Nakatani kick); C--Darian Dugle 23 run (Nakatani kick); C--Ben Axline 10 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); C--Dugle 9 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); C--Elzy 18 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); BE--Buzz Hadley 4 run (Devyn Noe kick); C--Axline 2 pass from Cresap (Nakatani kick); C--Nakatani 33 field goal; C--Donte Jones 13 run (Nakatani kick).
Records: Collins 5-1, Bullitt East 3-3.

WOW-taken to the woodshed.
Collins keeps on rolling. Congrats.
^
Westside Wrote:MLC has been putting up huge numbers on offense this season.

Yes and they had 2 or 3 touchdowns called back because of penalties.
This team is unreal
In the first quarter the Titans scored literally every two minutes.
Nice win for collins Don't know much about them!! What has happened to Bullitt East??
I do remember being called a fool for saying that Collins would compete for a state championship during their first year of existence and I honestly believe that they will. They can score with anyone in 4 A, but again, when it comes nut cutting time and we all know what wins championships, can they get it done on the defensive side of the ball?
Navajo4life Wrote:I do remember being called a fool for saying that Collins would compete for a state championship during their first year of existence and I honestly believe that they will. They can score with anyone in 4 A, but again, when it comes nut cutting time and we all know what wins championships, can they get it done on the defensive side of the ball?

I honestly think they can compete for a state championship this year also. They are fast, explosive, and can score anytime. I only watched them against Sheldon Clark, Collins' defense is average to slightly above average IMO. When it comes to the big game and they need that big stop in a big game, that remains to be seen. I certainly hope they can.
I know this is a new school so I have a few questions. 1. What is their record so far? 2. Someone said they will finish second in their district. Who is in their district and who will be #1?

I believe that Jerry Lucas is their coach and offensive coordinator. He was able to put up some outstanding numbers for Shelby County the past several years. Let's hope they find a good defense to balance out their attack.
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:I know this is a new school so I have a few questions. 1. What is their record so far? 2. Someone said they will finish second in their district. Who is in their district and who will be #1?

I believe that Jerry Lucas is their coach and offensive coordinator. He was able to put up some outstanding numbers for Shelby County the past several years. Let's hope they find a good defense to balance out their attack.

Their record is 5-1. They lost to Marion Co 30-27 who is in Collins' district. Marion Co. is in the drivers seat to win the district. I think if/when they play Marion again, Collins will win. Jerry Lucas is their HC. I am not sure if he is the offensive coordinator. If he is not their offensive coordinator has his fingerprints all over the offense. They are certainly one of the most explosive offenses I have have seen in a long time.
A little more info you may or may not know. Collins is a product of a split of Shelby Co. High school who was getting too large. Collins will school (whatever the term is) the western half of Shelby Co., which is where the best athletes in the county come from. If you have any more questions just ask and I will try to answer.
Lucas is the Offensive Coordinator and Tom Becherer is the Defensive Coordinator, I know every member of that team and have coached them a time or two, they are very good kids with a high football IQ... They can score on anyone at anytime, the one question will be, can they get a stop when they need too.... I look for Collins to do some great things in the playoffs and possibly end up at Western Kentucky playing for a state championship...
Jarons Wrote:Their record is 5-1. They lost to Marion Co 30-27 who is in Collins' district. Marion Co. is in the drivers seat to win the district. I think if/when they play Marion again, Collins will win. Jerry Lucas is their HC. I am not sure if he is the offensive coordinator. If he is not their offensive coordinator has his fingerprints all over the offense. They are certainly one of the most explosive offenses I have have seen in a long time.
A little more info you may or may not know. Collins is a product of a split of Shelby Co. High school who was getting too large. Collins will school (whatever the term is) the western half of Shelby Co., which is where the best athletes in the county come from. If you have any more questions just ask and I will try to answer.

Thanks Jarons. I met Coach Lucas while he was in college at WV Tech. Great guy and from a pretty good football-minded family.
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:Thanks Jarons. I met Coach Lucas while he was in college at WV Tech. Great guy and from a pretty good football-minded family.

He is a great guy. One of the nicest most soft spoken people you will ever meet. His dad was HC at Greenup Co. in the Mid to late 80's. Jerry was their QB during that time as well.
Jarons Wrote:He is a great guy. One of the nicest most soft spoken people you will ever meet. His dad was HC at Greenup Co. in the Mid to late 80's. Jerry was their QB during that time as well.

Jerry's brother is a head coach in NKY, Erlanger-Lloyd, I think.
I believe that MLC can compete for a state championship. They are better than Marion County and should beat them if they play again. Their defense also seems to be getting better and their offense is unstoppable.