Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just wanted to say I like this site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to Bluegrass rivals and in 1 month I have posted more on this site than the 4 years I was on bl************.com every time I would post I would get a warning or something heck they charge 20.00 a year and only a few are aloud to post there and if you get banned they try to make you pay more money its a racket over there so what I'm saying is DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY!!!:Clap:
mrb5150 Wrote:I'm new to Bluegrass rivals and in 1 month I have posted more on this site than the 4 years I was on bl************.com every time I would post I would get a warning or something heck they charge 20.00 a year and only a few are aloud to post there and if you get banned they try to make you pay more money its a racket over there so what I'm saying is DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY!!!:Clap:

I hope I can post this; if not please delete it.

I post on both sites (actually all three sites) and I have to completely disagree with you. I've been a member of that site for 10 years now and have never been suspended once. Use a little civility, show some respect to other posters and the kids and coaches (use the golden rule: don't say something you wouldn't want said about your spouse, son, nephew, or father) and you'll be fine. I like the emphasis on proper grammar and spelling. It makes it much easier to read posts. But I like this site also. It's a little "looser" than the site you are referring to, but tighter than the 3rd site, which is blooming free for all (which is why I don't post there often).

It's a matter of to each their own, but don't go ragging on a site when you violate their rather plainly set forth rules that you knew or should have known when you signed up. Not a classy thing to do. And your response to this post just might give all an indication why you left the other site.
Sorry if you disagree you must be one of the few who post there.
I said what I had to say spend your money anyway you like but I will not waste mine. Think you and have a great night of Football.:rockon:
I post on both sites and support each. There are knuckleheads wherever you go.:argue:
This site, and others like it, are great for debating with other over the hill middle aged guys about something as meaningless as high school football. :Thumbs:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:This site, and others like it, are great for debating with other over the hill middle aged guys about something as meaningless as high school football. :Thumbs:

True, but unfortunately I'm past middle age unless I make it to 100 (which is highly unlikely). :biggrin:
I enjoy all 3 sites as well, but I'm no longer a member at BGP because I got into it with a few Beechwood folks and told Guru that I wouldn't allow others to degrade my hometown team. Therefore he give me a refund and I moved on, that was over a two years ago also.

Only time I post over on the Rivals.com site is when they're discussing teams within the Big Sandy region, and that rarely ever happens.

I do think that we have the best site in the state to discuss high school sports or just sport in general. The members at BGP obviously have more knowledge than majority of the members here and therefore their posts are easier to read and the make some great points as well. We don't like to enforce our members to use perfect grammar/spelling, but we do appreciate it when our members do so. I also think we are much more lenient than the staff at BGP, and we're free and we don't enforce our rules as heavily as BGP. Not a knock to them, but if they can get folks to pay $20 and a member makes a mistake, it's better to give a warning than suspend or ban someone. I can understand banning repeat offenders, but not laying down the hammer on something that's a simple rule violation.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I enjoy all 3 sites as well, but I'm no longer a member at BGP because I got into it with a few Beechwood folks and told Guru that I wouldn't allow others to degrade my hometown team. Therefore he give me a refund and I moved on, that was over a two years ago also.

Only time I post over on the Rivals.com site is when they're discussing teams within the Big Sandy region, and that rarely ever happens.

I do think that we have the best site in the state to discuss high school sports or just sport in general. The members at BGP obviously have more knowledge than majority of the members here and therefore their posts are easier to read and the make some great points as well. We don't like to enforce our members to use perfect grammar/spelling, but we do appreciate it when our members do so. I also think we are much more lenient than the staff at BGP, and we're free and we don't enforce our rules as heavily as BGP. Not a knock to them, but if they can get folks to pay $20 and a member makes a mistake, it's better to give a warning than suspend or ban someone. I can understand banning repeat offenders, but not laying down the hammer on something that's a simple rule violation.

:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I enjoy all 3 sites as well, but I'm no longer a member at BGP because I got into it with a few Beechwood folks and told Guru that I wouldn't allow others to degrade my hometown team. Therefore he give me a refund and I moved on, that was over a two years ago also.

You guys have saved Whackem' a few times in his inaugural year. For that, I'm a lifer!:1:
mrb5150 Wrote:Sorry if you disagree you must be one of the few who post there.
I said what I had to say spend your money anyway you like but I will not waste mine. Think you and have a great night of Football.:rockon:
I have to agree with you. Was suspended on the other site when I called out some of the "moderators" using other login names to stir the pot and get people fired up. Haven't looked back since and really don't miss it.
I got banned over there when this site was just starting because I spoke to someone about it in a PM. The crap part about it was that I won their pick'em contest and should have won two tickets to the UK / UF basketball game at the time but they didn't let me have them due to that. So I say to _ _ _ _ with them.
What is the third site you guys keep refering to?
nky Wrote:I have to agree with you. Was suspended on the other site when I called out some of the "moderators" using other login names to stir the pot and get people fired up. Haven't looked back since and really don't miss it.
Years ago, I was an advertiser on the other site. I was a member on and off for several years, but I had a real problem with one or two moderators (mostly one - who shall remain nameless but she knows who she is) over there who could not keep their roles as moderators and participants straight.

Demanding that regular members apologize and admit to rules violations that fall in a "grey area," while one or two moderators ignore rules and taunt others with impunity is just plain wrong, Most of the moderators on the other site are excellent but the bad apple or two spoiled it for me.

This site strikes just the right balance between enforcing some basic, common sense rules and letting adults be adults. I also like the fact that eastern Kentucky is so well represented here. I am glad that I made the switch and appreciate everybody who has helped make this site a success. :Thumbs:
I used to really enjoy BGP and there are several VERY knowledgeable posters that I truly wish were regulars here. BGP also has the best assortment of posters from across the entire state, and I sincerely wish that we could capture that here as well.

In terms of the discussion and the members at BGP: I still really respect them, especially the regulars, and miss being able to debate with them.

You will not hear me bad mouth that site, (although I will the rivals.com site because it is nearly as horrible as Topix and really makes me fear for the future of our country Big Grin) but after the membership heavily increased a few years back it was apparent that the overall feel and moderation of the board underwent a drastic change and adopted a no non-sense POV. For some that is perfect, for others such as myself, it slowly tuned me off.Those that know me on here know I have a sarcastic side and will joke from time to time... one of those jokes was about Beechwood and it resulted in ole EKU getting "das boot". I had put in my dues and could have very easily called in a favor and gotten reinstated, but I decided it was time to move on to greener pastures.

I am very happy to see some of my favorite BGP posters who have came over (even if some of them are troule makers deep down who like toying with certain fanbases Wink) Seeing names like Hatz, Adopted Purple, amongst others...as well as the nky invasion led by Stardust, charlie, and sstack.. only reassures me this board is only getting bigger and better.
I have posted on BGP for years (under a different name) and love it. My biggest gripe is it has become a NKY board with very little interest in the rest of the state. Not much of interest there for me anymore.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
What was the name of the high school sports message board that was run by someone from Boyle County? I know I became a member there about two or three months before they shut it down.
Stumpjumper Wrote:I have posted on BGP for years (under a different name) and love it. My biggest gripe is it has become a NKY board with very little interest in the rest of the state. Not much of interest there for me anymore.
So true lets get input from the whole state here.:Clap:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:...

I am very happy to see some of my favorite BGP posters who have came over (even if some of them are troule makers deep down who like toying with certain fanbases Wink) Seeing names like Hatz, Adopted Purple, amongst others...as well as the nky invasion led by Stardust, charlie, and sstack.. only reassures me this board is only getting bigger and better.

No mention by name, EKU ?? That really hurts. :ChairHit:

:lmao:
I used to have a name on BGP but decided not to renew it. Like stated above they are several knowledgeable posters on there, many with an inside scoop. I respect the site and may return in the future, but right now I feel like this is the site for me.
I love BGR and believe it or not I have NEVER had an infraction or suspension lol
mrb5150 Wrote:I'm new to Bluegrass rivals and in 1 month I have posted more on this site than the 4 years I was on bl************.com every time I would post I would get a warning or something heck they charge 20.00 a year and only a few are aloud to post there and if you get banned they try to make you pay more money its a racket over there so what I'm saying is DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY!!!:Clap:

This site is the BEST for high school message board!!! Spread the word!!
I have been a member of bgp before and just couldn't stand it. I like This site a whole bunch more.
I have been a member here for 5 years. Never been to BGP never will. I think someone who will pay 20 bucks to talk about high school football is crazy. No disrespect to those on here who do/did.
BGP is a JOKE!! Money ****ry over there.
zaga_fan Wrote:I love BGR and believe it or not I have NEVER had an infraction or suspension lol

I'm jealous. LOL. I love it here as well
I have never used the other site and have no inclination to do so. This site has cured my Jeopardy habit in the evenings and provided soothing comfort a 6 am on Saturday morning. What more could you ask for?

Are there boards like this any where in the country that require you to use your real name? I just think it would be a different experience to connect with people you know and get to know new people via a board of this nature. Screen names have their purpose but it would be nice to develop a network of friends around a topic of mutual interest.
I was one of the Idiots that paid my 20.00 to BGP. I got into an arguement about referee's and mind you I was taking up for them. They suspended me and The Guru refunded my money. Then when our first basketball game of the season rolled around Willie Turnover told me to check this site out that it was alot like BGP but the best part about it is free. I've not made it to my anniversary yet and I have donated 15.00 to this site. I have told several of my fellow Warrior fans and a few of them have posted on here such as Cammando. If I am not mistaken I think that JumperDad used to be a member of BGP He will have to clear that up for us. But once again I want to thank the staff and members of BGR for making this such an enjoyable site.
oneijoe Wrote:No mention by name, EKU ?? That really hurts. :ChairHit:

:lmao:

Actually I saw you post in the SC/Pburg thread last night and nearly came back to edit my original post..then thought "nah... he has a two game winning streak over Belfry...that should suffice for him." HAHA
zaga_fan Wrote:I love BGR and believe it or not I have NEVER had an infraction or suspension lol

Wish I could say the same. :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2