Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd Fans Banned??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was talk in another thread about South Floyd fans being banned from sporting events by the Board. Is there any truth to this and if so, how can the enforce it? :police:
I dont think that it can be enforced, it would be to hard to do that, besides you cant blame them for this fight with BL
The Board of Education can ban someone from any Board owned property or Board sponsored event. There are currently parents from some Floyd County schools banned from events. I'm not sure how they could ban an entire group and enforce it though.
There is no truth to it.
Those from both sides who were envolved in the altercation will be dealt with by Principals, and the superintendent.
But no fan sections are being banned.
ok this is kind of crazy....if south floyd fans should be banned betsy layne fans should be banned.....if they are goin to inforce a ban on one side they might as well do it to the side that started and if not i will be at every south floyd game til i get kicked out:Thumbs:
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:There is no truth to it.
Those from both sides who were envolved in the altercation will be dealt with by Principals, and the superintendent.
But no fan sections are being banned.
good post doc thank you for clearin this up...
Nice post doc, And I happen to know some of the ppl that are currently banned from ball games in floyd co
Let the culprit or culprits pay the price for their actions. Leave those fans alone who only go to enjoy the game and support their team. Unfortunately it only takes a few troublemakers to give an entire group of fans or a school a bad name.

Just one question, in an incident at another game the parites involved claimed there was no uniformed security in place at the game. They suggested to both the school board and the court system that this was the reason the situation escalated so quickly and a fight broke out between fans/parents from the two schools.

Was there any type of uniformed security at this game?

Do you think the presence of uniformed security would prevent these things from happening?
Well to start with they can ban anyone that they feel they need to, and if they show up on the property they can have them arrested for tresspassing if they have been told not to show up on school functions, mainly there school property.
2nd they can have the basketball game played with oyt any fans at all there, and they can do that as well, I have seen several games were they have ordered the G\gym to be cleared to finish a game.
My final thouhts is that this is an open forum, but if we cont, to let them talk about the fights on here its only going to make things even worse and we dont wont to be known for that.
I dont know what they have decided to do, but if SF wants to they can, and its up to BL if they do or dont.
what exactly caused this fight?
"Batpuff" Wrote:Well to start with they can ban anyone that they feel they need to, and if they show up on the property they can have them arrested for tresspassing if they have been told not to show up on school functions, mainly there school property.
2nd they can have the basketball game played with oyt any fans at all there, and they can do that as well, I have seen several games were they have ordered the G\gym to be cleared to finish a game.
My final thouhts is that this is an open forum, but if we cont, to let them talk about the fights on here its only going to make things even worse and we dont wont to be known for that.
I dont know what they have decided to do, but if SF wants to they can, and its up to BL if they do or dont.

I agree fully that is why i am now closing the thread