Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lights at Cov Cath field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cov Cath coach Dave Wirth stated today that lights are coming soon to thier field. No more Saturday games; I am thinking alot of the Cov Cath faithful will not be too happy about this(they always talk on any sports blog about loving the Saturday games and not wanting lights).
i would have thought a program of their stature to have lights,even some of our east ky long gone schools{lynch,cumberland,evarts}had them?
i thought all schools had lights?
I thought the city of Park Hills said the houses around the school did not want them so thats why they never had them put in?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hmm i never knew they didnt have lights. well there goes a great tradition i suppose.
mrb5150 Wrote:I thought the city of Park Hills said the houses around the school did not want them so thats why they never had them put in?

There has been a long standing city ordinace, which means they would have had to pass a decree first. If that happened, I see lights on the baseball field soon as well.
Thanks for the info.I don't like high school football on Saturdays unless it state.:Thumbs:
mrb5150 Wrote:Thanks for the info.I don't like high school football on Saturdays unless it state.:Thumbs:

Amen to that. There is nothing like "Friday Night Lights":worthy:
Come on Cov. Cath. Step into the Big New World of MODERN TECHNOLOGY.:biggrin:
Don't give in. Keep the tradition. First Wrigley Field and now Wooten Field. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Keep the "spirit" of Saturday afternoon games in the fall alive.
do they have the scoreboard with a guy behind it changing the numbers ?
big blu 2 u Wrote:do they have the scoreboard with a guy behind it changing the numbers ?

Umm, no
big blu 2 u Wrote:do they have the scoreboard with a guy behind it changing the numbers ?
That would be cool
covcath is one of those stadiums that just doesn't look right with lights. im not against the idea, but how bout getting rid of the beehive underneath the visitor stands
toussaints Wrote:covcath is one of those stadiums that just doesn't look right with lights. im not against the idea, but how bout getting rid of the beehive underneath the visitor stands

But that Grotto looks awesome.:Clap:

lol This is just too hilarious.
toussaints Wrote:covcath is one of those stadiums that just doesn't look right with lights. im not against the idea, but how bout getting rid of the beehive underneath the visitor stands
That's part of the HOME field advantage