Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Football Proposal Adopted By KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Contingent on final approval through the regulatory review process, KHSAA member school representatives will have the opportunity to designate spring football practice dates after the proposal passed at the organization’s Annual Meeting of delegates on Monday.

Complete Story
So what does it mean?
The article is a little vague. But from what I was told is that it would allow spring practice anytime after basketball but not during testing. Before you had the 3 weeks immediately after basketball to practice 10 days and the weather has been typically crappy therefore the FB Coaches has pushed for this proposal. So in other words Spring Ball can be held later in the spring when the weather stabilizes.
Makes sense
I think this is a great idea especially for the guys that are still playing on natural grass, because spring weather usually takes it toll
CoachM Wrote:I think this is a great idea especially for the guys that are still playing on natural grass, because spring weather usually takes it toll
Teams still play on that stuff LOL.
What happens when most of these kids who are playing baseball, is that not going to hurt spring football. I just feel that football gets the short end of the stick and that all revolves around basketball
Navajo4life Wrote:What happens when most of these kids who are playing baseball, is that not going to hurt spring football. I just feel that football gets the short end of the stick and that all revolves around basketball

how many go out for basketball 10-12 (how many of them are seniors anyway) out of 40-50? at least it is an opportunity for the kids to practice and get better.
This proposal allows for the schools to pick a three week window to practice football in the Spring. These dates have to be selected by December 15th each year. The three week window may begin the Monday after the basketball team has been eliminated from post season competition and until the last day of school. No practice may take place during the teating window.
Blackwater Wrote:These dates have to be selected by December 15th each year.
The three week window may begin the Monday after the basketball team has been eliminated from post season competition and until the last day of school.

Huh? How is a school supposed to know by Dec. 15th which Monday their basketball team is done by?
If a school says X/Y (whatever the District tourney date is), then they make a run to state, have they lost 2/3rds of their football dates?
VHSL-helper Wrote:Huh? How is a school supposed to know by Dec. 15th which Monday their basketball team is done by?
If a school says X/Y (whatever the District tourney date is), then they make a run to state, have they lost 2/3rds of their football dates?

They don't have to pick by Dec. 15. Before the vote your spring football window started the monday after both basketball teams are ousted from their tournaments. You had 15 school days to get in 10 practices. With the vote the coaches decide when the 15 day window starts. At Boyle county there are only 1 or 2 football players who play baseball so the start doesn't really matter.

Somebody help me out. When does baseball usually start?
Blackwater Wrote:This proposal allows for the schools to pick a three week window to practice football in the Spring. These dates have to be selected by December 15th each year. T

Not correct.
Roll your 3 weeks into passing league and have a mini season...... It is after baseball and no testing and no seniors.
Navajo4life Wrote:What happens when most of these kids who are playing baseball, is that not going to hurt spring football. I just feel that football gets the short end of the stick and that all revolves around basketball
Not up here in NKY football rules:Thumbs: