Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeff Honeycutt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my opinion, Honeycutt is one of the best coaches that we have in the mountains. Even though he has never won a region title, he has developed alot of good talent and has coached alot of good players. He works just as hard as any coach in this region, and gets respect because of that, and he is one of the best men that I know, and a great friend. He enjoys being courtside coaching just as much or more than any coach around here. It's going to be hard not being able to go to the jungle and not see him on the bench coaching the scrapy lions, but I'll do my best to try and go and watch him at KCC here the next few years. You can go and watch your favorite teams, but we all should wish Jeff Honeycutt the best of luck with the Lady Patriot team, and enjoy watching him coach. GOOD LUCK HONEYCUTT!
WALL2WALL Wrote:In my opinion, Honeycutt is one of the best coaches that we have in the mountains. Even though he has never won a region title, he has developed alot of good talent and has coached alot of good players. He works just as hard as any coach in this region, and gets respect because of that, and he is one of the best men that I know, and a great friend. He enjoys being courtside coaching just as much or more than any coach around here. It's going to be hard not being able to go to the jungle and not see him on the bench coaching the scrapy lions, but I'll do my best to try and go and watch him at KCC here the next few years. You can go and watch your favorite teams, but we all should wish Jeff Honeycutt the best of luck with the Lady Patriot team, and enjoy watching him coach. GOOD LUCK HONEYCUTT!

Are Kin to him?:Clap:
tommy2 Wrote:Are Kin to him?:Clap:

I'm not, but I do know the guy.
WALL2WALL Wrote:In my opinion, Honeycutt is one of the best coaches that we have in the mountains. Even though he has never won a region title, he has developed alot of good talent and has coached alot of good players. He works just as hard as any coach in this region, and gets respect because of that, and he is one of the best men that I know, and a great friend. He enjoys being courtside coaching just as much or more than any coach around here. It's going to be hard not being able to go to the jungle and not see him on the bench coaching the scrapy lions, but I'll do my best to try and go and watch him at KCC here the next few years. You can go and watch your favorite teams, but we all should wish Jeff Honeycutt the best of luck with the Lady Patriot team, and enjoy watching him coach. GOOD LUCK HONEYCUTT!

:Thumbs:, I wish Jeff nothing but the best. Good luck, I'm pulling for you.
^same, he's a good guy, hope he's successful.
I see Jeff being succesful anywhere he goes.
He'll be back in the 14th coaching boy's basketball again, if he wants to that is.
Good luck in the up coming season Honeycutt!
This is the only time I will even remotely cheer for Knott lol
jeff is a good coach. Knott co is lucky to get him. Cordia should have kept him.
basketball101 Wrote:jeff is a good coach. Knott co is lucky to get him. Cordia should have kept him.

Agreed, Jeff will do great things for the Girls program at Knott. He may not win region this year because of the team Perry has but could compete with LCC for a district year in and out. Once again, good luck Jeff.
^Knott seems to always put together a good girls team.
I see Jeff only taking this program up a notch.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Knott seems to always put together a good girls team.
I see Jeff only taking this program up a notch.

agreed, great guy
He is DECENT at best. Sorry but flat out ur not a good coach till u win some titles
^

Hard to win without a lot of talent, Honeycutt hasn't had a lot of talent outside of the 06 and 08 teams and 2008 team lost by 2 in the district championship game to draw Hazard in the 1st round of region, tough draw. I think Jeff was the 3rd best coach in the 14th region behind Holland and Hatcher. Give him the talent Hazard and Perry has had the last couple of years and see what he does.
Concur^
He should have got the boys job.
dore20 Wrote:He is DECENT at best. Sorry but flat out ur not a good coach till u win some titles

Does that mean Hatcher is only a "decent" coach, He hasn't won title at PCC
Captain Crook Wrote:Does that mean Hatcher is only a "decent" coach, He hasn't won title at PCC

Hatcher has around 10 Sweet 16 bids
Hatcher has never coached at a small school like Cordia, Buckorn, or Jenkins either. He always had pretty talent teams at Graves Co.
MVP2 Wrote:Hatcher has never coached at a small school like Cordia, Buckorn, or Jenkins either. He always had pretty talent teams at Graves Co.

I know.
I just think people forget sometimes that there are other basketball regions out there lol
No need saying he's not a great coach because he's not won 14th region titles.
He's been to the title game EVERY year since he's been there and the last 2 games were very controversial.
I don't think we need to discuss any of that again lol
Just making the point that he can and has won the big game.
I just wonder how, hatcher will do at a very small school. where the talent may not be as good.
The only other thing is, as much as jeff has done for cordia.they should have kept him.
basketball101 Wrote:The only other thing is, as much as jeff has done for cordia.they should have kept him.

I agree.
basketball101 Wrote:I just wonder how, hatcher will do at a very small school. where the talent may not be as good.

His system keeps him in every game.
I know he would contend, but it's a hard task to make a small school like that a powerhouse lol
Hatcher is a great coach.

Remember "Its not the X's and O's, its the Jimmies and Joes."
warmachine Wrote:Hatcher is a great coach.

Remember "Its not the X's and O's, its the Jimmies and Joes."

You will not read this from me very often but you will today, Warmachine is 100% correct.
zaga_fan Wrote:I know.
I just think people forget sometimes that there are other basketball regions out there lol
No need saying he's not a great coach because he's not won 14th region titles.
He's been to the title game EVERY year since he's been there and the last 2 games were very controversial.
I don't think we need to discuss any of that again lol
Just making the point that he can and has won the big game.

Controversies? What were they? Alan Hatcher is a good Coach...Defending Jeff...Dore 20 says he is not a "good coach" cause he has not won titles...I can name plenty of Coaches who have not won titles..many here in the 14th .... Hated to see Jeff Leave our Lions, however it was best for him!
Has the honeymoon wore off before the season has started. Friday night, Knott County scrimmaged Betsy Layne and it was horrible. Knott County played terrible and acted like they didn't want to be there. Some of the players were more interested in "red-necking" than playing ball. They also showed a lack of respect towards Coach Honeycutt with their behavior and bad body language.
Different techniques in coaching girls as opposed to coaching boys. Will have to see if Coach Honeycutt can find the right words to get them to mesh as a team. Should be a top 4 team.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Has the honeymoon wore off before the season has started. Friday night, Knott County scrimmaged Betsy Layne and it was horrible. Knott County played terrible and acted like they didn't want to be there. Some of the players were more interested in "red-necking" than playing ball. They also showed a lack of respect towards Coach Honeycutt with their behavior and bad body language.
Don't see where you got that from. They didn't play well but to say they acted like they didn't want to be there and disrespected the Coach??? I think you are off base with that statement, but you are entitled to your opinion. I think this team will surprise some people before the season is over...
"Red necking" that's getting a little personal isn't it? That is someone's kids you are talking about and I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone posting anything like that about yours.
Pages: 1 2