Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Cath. (4-1) vs. Covington Cath. (3-2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be a good game.
No Highlands game Friday, so I think you might see alot of their fans at this game. I look for a close game, with NCC pull out the victory.
^ You will see a Cov Cath win
Could go either way. Where is this game played at?
bac2369 Wrote:Could go either way. Where is this game played at?

Newport is where NCC plays their home games.
If NCC has a repeat performance from the other night they might be in trouble depending on which Covington Catholic team shows up. All in all the Breds should win this one by 10.
Cov Cath in a close one by 3.
Cov Cath in a doosy.
Cov. Cath will win this one on a last second FG 24--21
should be a good game, only factor is which NCC team shows up. if ncc plays like the team that cameback and beat dixie in the 4th quarter, then ncc will win. if its the one that played campbell in the 2nd half, then covcath will win

il take ncc by 10
Colonels 31-21
Stardust Wrote:^ You will see a Cov Cath win

Perhaps Stardust. I haven't seen NewCath play, but I've seen CovCath on tape a couple of times. I'm told that NewCath has a big O line and some very good, tough running backs. CovCath is very vulnerable on defense, particularly to a power running game, as the Ryle game indicated. That doesn't bode well for stopping NewCath's O. If NewCath can grind it out on the ground in ball control, clock consuming drives for scores, thus limiting the number of CovCath offensive possessions, I can see NewCath winning this game. Timmerman is a very good D lineman for CovCath, but in the games I watched, he was the only defender that really impressed me.

CovCath's young QB is still pretty inconsistent due to inexperience (not a lack of talent). If NewCath does a lot of blitzing and gets in Bir's face a lot, I think some bad decisions will be made by him. It could happen, but I doubt CovCath will be able to move the ball on the ground against NewCath based on what I've seen of CovCath's O line.

Games are won in the trenches as they say and I like the guys on NewCath's side of the trenches better than CovCath's.
Ncc
NCC by 7.
Convington by 7
charlie22 Wrote:Perhaps Stardust. I haven't seen NewCath play, but I've seen CovCath on tape a couple of times. I'm told that NewCath has a big O line and some very good, tough running backs. CovCath is very vulnerable on defense, particularly to a power running game, as the Ryle game indicated. That doesn't bode well for stopping NewCath's O. If NewCath can grind it out on the ground in ball control, clock consuming drives for scores, thus limiting the number of CovCath offensive possessions, I can see NewCath winning this game. Timmerman is a very good D lineman for CovCath, but in the games I watched, he was the only defender that really impressed me.

CovCath's young QB is still pretty inconsistent due to inexperience (not a lack of talent). If NewCath does a lot of blitzing and gets in Bir's face a lot, I think some bad decisions will be made by him. It could happen, but I doubt CovCath will be able to move the ball on the ground against NewCath based on what I've seen of CovCath's O line.

Games are won in the trenches as they say and I like the guys on NewCath's side of the trenches better than CovCath's.

I was impressed with the CCH linemen. They can wear down the Hogs of NCC
Heart wants to go with the Colonels but my brains tell me NewCAth is to strong. Breds by less than 6
NCC wins this in a close one.
Newport Central Catholic
sstack Wrote:No Highlands game Friday, so I think you might see alot of their fans at this game. I look for a close game, with NCC pull out the victory.

That's my plan. Battle of the catholics on Friday, Birds in Louisville on Saturday.TongueirateSho That's some A-1 planning on someone's part.:Thumbs:
Might have to go see how Cov. Cath will match up with the Bird's.:lmao:
Can you dig it? Wrote:That's my plan. Battle of the catholics on Friday, Birds in Louisville on Saturday.TongueirateSho That's some A-1 planning on someone's part.:Thumbs:

ummm, ummm, ummm. I'm just waiting for the sensitive one's out there to cry foul here TongueirateSho
The more I think about it this game should not even be close Cath. should blow out Cath.:ChairHit: