Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands @ Louisville Eastern 9/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eastern appears to be a decent team of Manual's caliber roughly speaking. Birds travel to.... will be a much tougher challenge of late but Highlands should win by a couple.
I think Eastern has the potential to pull the upset, but it's not happening.

Birds take this one by 17.
Birds by 21 if everyone is healthy.
Highlands by 21. Eastern has talent and if highlands has a bad game then there streak against kentucky teams will be broken.
Birds, by 12
bac2369 Wrote:Highlands by 21. Eastern has talent and if highlands has a bad game then there streak against kentucky teams will be broken.

Mark my word, the Highlands Defense will shut down the boyz from Eastern and even an off day for the Birds would probably result in at least 28 on the board.
The Birds should have no problems with this one! Highlands by 21
highlands by 10 but eastern could surpise
Highlands by 17.
Highlands roll
The Birds go over one more bump in the road on their way to Western KY.:Clap:
Eastern is a better team than some folks think they are. Plus it's a longer than usual bus ride for the Birds, which may throw them out of sorts. Add to that the injury problem (don't ask; I won't tell), and this game very well could be a lot tighter than some people believe. Eastern's Davis is a stud and he's not the only very good player on that team. Birds better buckle the chin straps tight for this one.
charlie22 Wrote:Eastern is a better team than some folks think they are. Plus it's a longer than usual bus ride for the Birds, which may throw them out of sorts. Add to that the injury problem (don't ask; I won't tell), and this game very well could be a lot tighter than some people believe. Eastern's Davis is a stud and he's not the only very good player on that team. Birds better buckle the chin straps tight for this one.

Although I respect that you have inside info about this Bluebird team, your posts are so predictable. It seems as if you regurgitate the same apprehensive fear laced posts that you've done since I started on BGR. You posted this same material on the Manual forum and the Birds blasted them. If you're worried, that's one thing, but don't let fear cloud your rational thought processes.:please:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Although I respect that you have inside info about this Bluebird team, your posts are so predictable. It seems as if you regurgitate the same apprehensive fear laced posts that you've done since I started on BGR. You posted this same material on the Manual forum and the Birds blasted them. If you're worried, that's one thing, but don't let fear cloud your rational thought processes.:please:

I had to edit it. I'm too nice of a guy to leave it the way it was. Hang in there my friend.
Highlands
Highlands should be all healed up are at lest 90%" We hear it every week this could be a upset or a trap game" as I said just one more bump in the road.:1:
Whats Eastern do run or pass or do they do both?Is there QB quick on his feet?
Should be interesting to see how Eastern's Jon Davis does in this game! Rivals.com has him ranked as the #43 Athlete in the country.
See were he is ranked after this game lol.
mrb5150 Wrote:See were he is ranked after this game lol.
yah! the birds will have a price on his head for sure. Wouldn't want to be that kid tonight. HHS's headhunters will shut him down! I hope!
2dog Wrote:yah! the birds will have a price on his head for sure. Wouldn't want to be that kid tonight. HHS's headhunters will shut him down! I hope!

Saturday my friend.
mrb5150 Wrote:Whats Eastern do run or pass or do they do both?Is there QB quick on his feet?

They do both, although they are a better (perhaps much better) running team than passing team. Eastern has some nice skilled players in addition to Davis. QB moves well, although not near as well as Withrow's QB did. They try to get the ball into Davis' hands a lot (who wouldn't). They line up in the I formation some; do some spread and do some double wing, misdirection stuff. No one real dominant offensive set. One side of their O line is pretty good; the other side only okay. QB has a decent arm, but nothing like Towles. In the tape I saw, they didn't try to throw the ball deep much and when they did it wasn't very successful.

Defensively, they didn't look real big. Davis played some OLB and then played some safety. They did seem to blitz a fair amount. Looked to have a solid defense,but not an overpowering/suffocating one. A couple of d linemen like to use the spin move a lot. Decent quickness in the D line and LB positions. Primarily go with 3 down linemen, covering the center and offensive tackles. OLB will come up to the LOS on TEs. They play 4 or 5 players both ways a lot, although with the cool temps tomorrow that won't be the factor it would have been if the temps were going to be in 90s. Kicking game again was okay, but not exceptional. Got the ball to inside the 10 each time but never got it into the endzone or even within a couple of yards (other than one kick that the receiver mishandled). Punts were around 35 yds or so.
Birds by 2tds
Highlands by 21.
charlie22 Wrote:They do both, although they are a better (perhaps much better) running team than passing team. Eastern has some nice skilled players in addition to Davis. QB moves well, although not near as well as Withrow's QB did. They try to get the ball into Davis' hands a lot (who wouldn't). They line up in the I formation some; do some spread and do some double wing, misdirection stuff. No one real dominant offensive set. One side of their O line is pretty good; the other side only okay. QB has a decent arm, but nothing like Towels. In the tape I saw, they didn't try to throw the ball deep much and when they did it wasn't very successful.

Defensively, they didn't look real big. Davis played some OLB and then played some safety. They did seem to blitz a fair amount. Looked to have a solid defense,but not an overpowering/suffocating one. A couple of d linemen like to use the spin move a lot. Decent quickness in the D line and LB positions. Primarily go with 3 down linemen, covering the center and offensive tackles. OLB will come up to the LOS on TEs. They play 4 or 5 players both ways a lot, although with the cool temps tomorrow that won't be the factor it would have been if the temps were going to be in 90s. Kicking game again was okay, but not exceptional. Got the ball to inside the 10 each time but never got it into the end-zone or even within a couple of yards (other than one kick that the receiver mishandled). Punts were around 35 yds or so.
Thank you for the info. I think Eastern will play alot of pass D and that will hurt them in 1stq and highlands will run wild on them than in the 2ndq when Eastern trys to load the box the Birds go to the air by half time the game will be over. Thats just what I think I could be wrong.:igiveup:
The way mrb5150 talks. Highlands 175 Eastern 0
No not 175 to 0
But it could be 56 to 14
you can listen here at Noon.
http://highlands.localsportsradio.com/articles/home.imp