Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steelers 19 Titans 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!!! Steelers hold Chris Johnson to 34 yards on 16 carries and force 7 turnovers. 3-1 or 4-0 start without Big Ben is looking very realistic!!
Congrats Pitt. Their D has flat dominated in the first two games this year.
Titans coach is an idiot. No way do you pull vince young.
That's right!

Steelers Defense = GREAT!
Didnt get to see how and why Young got benched but there were so interesting play calls in that last drive.
Young is not going to lead them to a super bowl.
Steelers could go 4-0 3-1 DDDDDDD looked like they are ready for anybody.
one game at a time HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!:flame:
mrb5150 Wrote:Young is not going to lead them to a super bowl.
Steelers could go 4-0 3-1 DDDDDDD looked like they are ready for anybody.
one game at a time HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!:flame:

:rockon:
Jarons Wrote:Final!!! Steelers hold Chris Johnson to 34 yards on 16 carries and force 7 turnovers. 3-1 or 4-0 start without Big Ben is looking very realistic!!

3-1, maybe. 4-0, not likely. The last game of Roethlisberger's suspension is against Baltimore, and I don't think they will be able to score enough against the Ravens' defense to win that one.

Pittsburgh has a fortunate early schedule for these games without Ben. I would think Steeler fans would be thrilled to come out of it 3-1.
Steelers Rock:1:
Jarons Wrote:Final!!! Steelers hold Chris Johnson to 34 yards on 16 carries and force 7 turnovers. 3-1 or 4-0 start without Big Ben is looking very realistic!!

Congrats Steelers for totally ruining my fantasy football stats this weekend!!:redboxer:
Once again, the blitzburg defense shows why they are the best in all of football. Now that Troy is back and healthy, the defense now has what the missed last year. When Ben gets back and gets back playing his style of football, the AFC better watch out.
This is an impressive start by the Steelers. I would never have guessed it, but I have to give props
Anybody that didnt watch this game and just looked at the score has no idea how awesome the defense has looked. Yes, bicker about our offense (or lack thereof), but this was the hardest hitting Steelers defense Ive EVER seen. I mean, Chris Johnson absolutely nearly paid for those 34 yards with his life. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, nobody on that Titan offense wanted any part of that football. Chris Johnson, Justin Gage, Bo Scaife, none of them. Because if they were around that football, there were 5 or 6 black and gold headhunters waiting to destroy everything in their path. This looks a whole lot like the '08 defense and not like that fluke defense last year. Yeah they were tired that 4th quarter, but there isnt a defense in this league that could have done what they did that game. The good guys got 9 points off of seven turnovers. I said all last year that Troy Polamalu is a 10 to 14 point difference maker, and a healthy Steelers defense is the most dangerous unit on the field, and that includes every offense and defensive unit in the NFL. If our defense is healthy, and we get out of this 3-1, we will challenge for the best record in the AFC. If we somehow get through this mess 4-0, we WILL have the best record in the AFC..I cant wait til we get good ol number 7 back though, and then heads are REALLY gonna roll..
Thats what I like to hear:rockon:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Anybody that didnt watch this game and just looked at the score has no idea how awesome the defense has looked. Yes, bicker about our offense (or lack thereof), but this was the hardest hitting Steelers defense Ive EVER seen. I mean, Chris Johnson absolutely nearly paid for those 34 yards with his life. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, nobody on that Titan offense wanted any part of that football. Chris Johnson, Justin Gage, Bo Scaife, none of them. Because if they were around that football, there were 5 or 6 black and gold headhunters waiting to destroy everything in their path. This looks a whole lot like the '08 defense and not like that fluke defense last year. Yeah they were tired that 4th quarter, but there isnt a defense in this league that could have done what they did that game. The good guys got 9 points off of seven turnovers. I said all last year that Troy Polamalu is a 10 to 14 point difference maker, and a healthy Steelers defense is the most dangerous unit on the field, and that includes every offense and defensive unit in the NFL. If our defense is healthy, and we get out of this 3-1, we will challenge for the best record in the AFC. If we somehow get through this mess 4-0, we WILL have the best record in the AFC..I cant wait til we get good ol number 7 back though, and then heads are REALLY gonna roll..
A healthy Aaron Smith is the key to stopping the run. Look at the Steeler history when he's been missing and you'll see. Troy is a difference maker and frankly, IMO the best defender in the league. But the Steelers have survived without Troy moreso than without A.Smith. The numbers bare that out.
OU812 Wrote:A healthy Aaron Smith is the key to stopping the run. Look at the Steeler history when he's been missing and you'll see. Troy is a difference maker and frankly, IMO the best defender in the league. But the Steelers have survived without Troy moreso than without A.Smith. The numbers bare that out.
I dont disagree with that statement at all. What I was referring to, was that Troy makes huge plays during the game (the interception to stop the Falcon 4th quarter drive, and the interception in the end zone against the Titans are two examples) that would literally cost us points. Last year, with a healthy Troy, we are no worse than 12-4. I agree with you 110% that Aaron Smith is the key to stopping the run, but even without Aaron last year, we were pretty good against the run. Pass defense killed us last year, and with Troy back, everybody plays their natural position, and it has improved a ton..but again, I am in no way disagreeing with you..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I dont disagree with that statement at all. What I was referring to, was that Troy makes huge plays during the game (the interception to stop the Falcon 4th quarter drive, and the interception in the end zone against the Titans are two examples) that would literally cost us points. Last year, with a healthy Troy, we are no worse than 12-4. I agree with you 110% that Aaron Smith is the key to stopping the run, but even without Aaron last year, we were pretty good against the run. Pass defense killed us last year, and with Troy back, everybody plays their natural position, and it has improved a ton..but again, I am in no way disagreeing with you..
I agree totally with both your guys points. But heres another thing worth some thought. The addition of Bryant Mcfadden back in the defensive backfield has helped them as well as brining back Larry Foote. Who may have been more of a locker room leader than I ever give him credit for. I honestly think the Rooneys brought Foote back to be more of a locker room presence and mentor to Lawrence Timmons(If so, he doing a heck of a job!). Injuries hurt our D last year no doubt, but I also felt like we were missing some team chemistry on D last year as well which is where, IMO, all the late game lapses we had spurred from. Maybe Im way off on all this but whatever has put the fire back in our D....Im sooooo glad they have got it back. IVE GOT A FEELIN.......