Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Fairview for real?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard about all the Boyd co. trash talk and about the boyd jersey deal from the hood. Five and 0 and people saying better than the 2003 team. Does anyone know when they will ever play a hard schedule? Just asking, they seem to be not talking on here just in the newspaper after coach Mcpeek got his feeling hurt on what they are trying to do in the hood.:worthy:
What is the hood and Boyd jersey?
The players signed a Boyd County jersey with obscene remarks to the BC coach and about his wife. Wonder where an old Boyd County jersey could have come from?? Anyone affiliated with Fairview football that used to be at Boyd County? The answer to that is yes.

Makes you wonder about morals and ethics being taught in the 'Wood. Sad.
Better than the 03 team??:lmao: :please:

Last time I checked there isn't any NFL caliber runningbacks on this team. They play one of the weakest schedules in the state. That's the only reason they are 5-0. If they played Ashland, Greenup, Russell, Lawrence County, etc. They wouldn't be 5-0. I can't wait until russellpride sees this thread. He will have a coronary.
Little chicago is what Billy Music likes to call it, most call it the wood for westwood, and some call it the HOOD because of how the moral issues go . Mcpeek got his feeling hurt because Coach Evans talked about Fairview's talent and about the new kids from huntington that transferred. I didn't read anything in the paper that Evans bashed about. Lee Evans is a class act and a good christian man
I was shocked to hear about this incident when I came into to watch the Ironton/Ashland game. I guess you don't have to wonder why kids act the way they do when this type of sportsmanship (or lack thereof) is allowed by the powers that be...........

I sure hope that a public apology to Boyd County and Coach and Mrs. Evans occurs quickly to try and correct this sad and unfortunate incident.
Coach evans is a class act and fine man so is coach Mcpeek that's why I basically quit posting on this site because of people that spread crap. Fairview from what I understand did give apology but it was blown way out of proportion. Fairview is good football team and well coached. I'm done bashing people and programs I apologize to you ram fan and others just figured I'm no better than you if I keep running my mouth. I support Russell and am fan if fairview because of great people running program
Jersey incident was one former Boyd co player that hates coach evans coach Mcpeek dealt with situation and was shocked it occurred from what I understand people are moving on in both parties alot of football season left
This team should not even be talked about in the same breath as the Fairview team that had Jennings, Jones, Crisp, Bailey and the rest. I got to see them a few times and that team would batter the one out there now, no doubt about it. That team would beat this years Ashland team too. The Eagles have benefited from a very weak schedule and I would like to see how they would do against Lawrence County, Sheldon Clark, Ironton or even Greenup. If McPeek is going to go on in the paper about how many weapons they have and such then play a tougher non-district schedule. Heck, his recruiting class was at least as good as Marshall's. ; )
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:This team should not even be talked about in the same breath as the Fairview team that had Jennings, Jones, Crisp, Bailey and the rest. I got to see them a few times and that team would batter the one out there now, no doubt about it. That team would beat this years Ashland team too. The Eagles have benefited from a very weak schedule and I would like to see how they would do against Lawrence County, Sheldon Clark, Ironton or even Greenup. If McPeek is going to go on in the paper about how many weapons they have and such then play a tougher non-district schedule. Heck, his recruiting class was at least as good as Marshall's. ; )

Quit whining buddy
Everyone has said they aren't as good as the 2003 team but how in the world can they help it that teams they have played for years are bad this season? Lawrence County is good but have played nobody except Sheldon Clark and lost. Raceland hasn't won a game this year against anyone that has won a football game (Fleming, East, Boyd) all winless. As far as the recruiting goes how in the world would the KHSAA rule them eligible if that went on? I'm not talking bad about anyone nor defending anyone but all schools get kids and people just don't like it because a small school is doing well (Jealous)
I also heard the "jersey" was signed by a couple of assistant coaches as well as the players.
To answer the question is Fairview fo real; i know this to be true because I grew up not to far from there and have seen it with my own eyes! But to further confirm this I looked into this an discovered that in fact Fairview is for real it is actually on the map an is right across the tracks from Ashland!!!
SHEW!!! Hope that helped clear up any confusion...:biggrin:
BADCAT74 Wrote:To answer the question is Fairview fo real; i know this to be true because I grew up not to far from there and have seen it with my own eyes! But to further confirm this I looked into this an discovered that in fact Fairview is for real it is actually on the map an is right across the tracks from Ashland!!!
SHEW!!! Hope that helped clear up any confusion...:biggrin:

Ha ha ha so the legendary place where all of Ashlands less skilled athletes. can go to play and maintain a 4.0 does exist?
russellpride Wrote:Coach evans is a class act and fine man so is coach Mcpeek that's why I basically quit posting on this site because of people that spread crap. Fairview from what I understand did give apology but it was blown way out of proportion. Fairview is good football team and well coached. I'm done bashing people and programs I apologize to you ram fan and others just figured I'm no better than you if I keep running my mouth. I support Russell and am fan if fairview because of great people running program

Glad to hear that Fairview apologized.
russellpride Wrote:Jersey incident was one former Boyd co player that hates coach evans coach Mcpeek dealt with situation and was shocked it occurred from what I understand people are moving on in both parties alot of football season left

Glad this was dealt with. I was hoping that this would not be ignored. Not that I have a direct dealing with either school, just over the principle of sportsmanship. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
russellpride Wrote:Quit whining buddy

First, I am not your buddy, and second I am not whinning, I am telling the truth. Don't like what I have to say, tough. I did not even mention Raceland, having trouble with your reading or something? I always heard Russell had this great educational system and all, guess that was just a rumor like Fairviews alleged recruiting and such. But I do in a way understand why such a weak schedule. He first had to see who his commitments were before he could finish his schedule, :devilflam :yawn:
Fairview knows their district foes, They had plenty of time for schedules. It's not just Nate, the shedule has always been weak in westwood. I think they have had football 38 years minus a couple in the 90's; they always been weak on the schedule.
russellpride Wrote:Everyone has said they aren't as good as the 2003 team but how in the world can they help it that teams they have played for years are bad this season? Lawrence County is good but have played nobody except Sheldon Clark and lost. Raceland hasn't won a game this year against anyone that has won a football game (Fleming, East, Boyd) all winless. As far as the recruiting goes how in the world would the KHSAA rule them eligible if that went on? I'm not talking bad about anyone nor defending anyone but all schools get kids and people just don't like it because a small school is doing well (Jealous)

I am from LC and yes we have played a very weak schedule. Sheldon Clark is a very good team and we lost at the Rock. Our schedule improves a little bit next year when we get to add Russell, P-Burg and Raceland. We are looking forward to that.
Fairview's schedule is what it is. Most on 2 year contracts. They are a small class A school that is locked into the district games. Paris is the only district team with a smaller enrollment. Also has Raceland & Nicholas Co & Lexinton Christian which will be moving to AA. They play class A Paintsville & Bracken Co which I think Bracken's contract is up. AAA East carter, Lewis Co. & West Carter. AAAA Boyd County. These will be their classes enrollment wise as of next year. Are they for real I would say yes 5-0 & done what they are suopposed to do win against who they play and I hope that continues. Good luck Eagles.
I understand your point of view. But just because you play poor teams with a bigger enrollment than you doesn't make you a good team.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I understand your point of view. But just because you play poor teams with a bigger enrollment than you doesn't make you a good team.

Never said they was a good team yet wont really know until they play Raceland. The real test will be LCA
I agree we got to wait and see how they do against Raceland and LCA which are the true tests. But answer me this why should Fairview apologize and be looked down upon because those schools aren't very good. Traditionally East Carter and Boyd are very competitive not great but should be able to give a single A school a good game. Lewis County and Fairview have played forever and Paintsville is a single A school that is less than hour away both Raceland and Fairview should play. True tests are coming up I agree with you.
russellpride Wrote:I agree we got to wait and see how they do against Raceland and LCA which are the true tests. But answer me this why should Fairview apologize and be looked down upon because those schools aren't very good. Traditionally East Carter and Boyd are very competitive not great but should be able to give a single A school a good game. Lewis County and Fairview have played forever and Paintsville is a single A school that is less than hour away both Raceland and Fairview should play. True tests are coming up I agree with you.

I agree
:popcorn:
I can tell you this....It sucks to play bad competition and then have to face a team that can play. By the time you adjust to the competition the game may be over. it's hard for the Eagles to spice up thier schedule because they aren't that good year in and year out. Can you imagine a five or six year contract with say Russell. Fairvew maybe good enough to beat Russell this year but what about the next 5. They don't come across teams like they have this year very often.
Most contracts are two years, and for not having players every year is bull. They have four new def. backs this year. I wonder how the parents of the bench warmers feel about that? School PRIDE in THE WOOD!