Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport @ Estill County 9/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Homecoming For The Engineers!

Newport (2-2) Wins over Pendleton County and Dayton, Loses to Bellvue and Harrison County.

Estill County (1-3) Wins over Bourbon County. Loses Rowan County, Garrard County and Somerset.

I Bet Estill Comes In Next Week Fired Up and Ready To Go After Losing 3 Straight.

Go Neers'

thoughts?
Newpot by 21
Don't really know much about Newport. But, I do know that Estill Co. is going to be looking to avenge their big loss to Somerset and Newport looks to be the unlucky team that the Engineers are going to take it out on. I know they say that Northern Kentucky is totally different breed of football, I'm still gonna pick the Neers to win this game in a close one!

Estill Co. - 24

Newport - 21
leecoukfan Wrote:Don't really know much about Newport. But, I do know that Estill Co. is going to be looking to avenge their big loss to Somerset and Newport looks to be the unlucky team that the Engineers are going to take it out on. I know they say that Northern Kentucky is totally different breed of football, I'm still gonna pick the Neers to win this game in a close one!

Estill Co. - 24

Newport - 21

last year it was 24-20 Estill over Newport at Newport
Newport is one of the weaker teams in NKY for now.
mrb5150 Wrote:Newport is one of the weaker teams in NKY for now.

But they can score, 159 points scored in 4 games???? That's 40 points per clip against the same level of competition they will see next week.
Stardust Wrote:But they can score, 159 points scored in 4 games???? That's 40 points per clip against the same level of competition they will see next week.

heck. that's alot of points but they haven't seen our offense but once and it was last year. if we can stop fumbling the ball which we only have 1 fumble against Somerset, we will be alright

Estill in a close one
NC by 7.
I say Estill in a close one, but the Engineers have to quit putting the ball on the ground
I am gonna have to go with Estill in this matchup! They have to be ****ry for a win after last week, Newport better come in with their chinsraps tight, I have a feeling its gonna be a rough game!
Newport 35
Estill 28
Strikeout King Wrote:heck. that's alot of points but they haven't seen our offense but once and it was last year. if we can stop fumbling the ball which we only have 1 fumble against Somerset, we will be alright

Estill in a close one

go neers by 6
I'll take Estill County 24-14.
Westside Wrote:NC by 7.

This is Newport, not Newport Catholic. If it was NewCath, I'd say they'd win by 30. Newport will only win by 15.
Estill in a barn burner
The fumbling needs to stop now. Estill in a squeaker just because it's their HC. They have to turn it around soon.
I dont know much about Estill but i think Newport wins this one in a close game. Newport has a very good passing game that has improved alot since last year. Last year there passing game was good against Estill Newport just didnt pull it off in the end.
wildcat10 Wrote:I dont know much about Estill but i think Newport wins this one in a close game. Newport has a very good passing game that has improved alot since last year. Last year there passing game was good against Estill Newport just didnt pull it off in the end.

How can u say the pass game was good against Estill last year? Estill picked off your QB THREE times!!!!
Newport should score a few TD's on spacial teams.