Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark @ Prestonsburg 9/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pburg has to keep the Cards from eating up the clock and controlling posession or it very well may be a long night. I hope that the BlackCats can some how come out with a win, but I am gonna have to go with Sheldon Clark.

SC 21
PBurg 6
Definitely a contrast in styles and matchups. SC is similar to Belfry, just bigger, stronger, and faster. (Guess they are not that similar at all...hehehe).

If Prestonburg can score early and force SC to play catchup, like they did last year, then they can and should win. If Pburg cannot score early, and SC is allowed to pound the ball behind their huge offensive line with their stable of excellent RB's, then Pburg will lose.

There are obviously alot of other factors at play, but that is really how I see it. If Pburg can force SC to come from behind, they stand a great shot at winning. If they get behind early, like they did at Breathitt County, turn out the lights.

Should be a good game. I like both teams, like the kids from both teams, and here's hoping for an injury free, hard fought game on Friday.

Good luck to both squads.
I love my Blackcats, but Sheldon Clark is a lot like Breathitt County, or at least the Breathitt County Prestonsburg faced. They will run, run, run and we all seen how that turned out for Prestonsburg. If the Blackcats didn't learn anything from the Breathitt game, then it will be lights out early. But if Pburg can dictate the way the game will be played, then Pburg will win.

But right now, I think SC will win by 7. Prove me wrong Blackcats.
I think SC will win by a couple of TDs,Hager needs to spread that offense a lot more than he did against LC.should be a pretty good game,lets go CARDS.
SC easy in this one. Very good team
Very close game. Could be game of week.
should b a good game but if sc comes out n plays like they can they should by 2 or 3 tds but if not they cuold b in for a long nite.... ill take sc by 2 tds
The easy read is to say the game will hinge on P-burg's ability (or inability) to pass and hit big plays, -and- SC's ability (or inability) to run and control the ball.

Usually when it's this obvious, though, it doesn't work out that way. After all, each coach will do what he can to take away what the other team's offense does best.

Therefore, I'm going to say the game will hinge on P-burg's running game (with the Card D playing heavy vs. pass) and SC's passing game (with the Blackcat D playing heavy vs. run).

This one could go OT...

:popcorn:
SC will get their BUTTS handed to them in this game!! 24-7 Blackcats!
sc will win by 3 tds ,the cards handed lc there butts lol,your wrong about this one to man.
bigdaddydawg82 Wrote:SC will get their BUTTS handed to them in this game!! 24-7 Blackcats!

you sir are an idiot Sc by 14 because this Pep Section Hall of Famer will be in the stands
SC by a td
Sheldon Clark will probably get it done this year. Good luck to both teams.
bigdaddydawg82 Wrote:SC will get their BUTTS handed to them in this game!! 24-7 Blackcats!

Seriously? This will be a hard fought game on both sides. A thriller in my opinion. Good luck to both teams!
Prestonsburg will win this one by a td or so.
Will be a great matchup, I'll take SC by 13! SC will be a tough "out" come playoff time.
i'll take sc by at least 2 touchdowns
I'll take SC in this one, but this game will come down to who has the ball last. I was told by some Pburg people that this team doesn't like to get hit and if they don't it could be a long night because the SC boys do love to hit. It will be interesting what game plan Ole Hager pulls out this week, and I have Faith that the cards will be fine in this one.
If SC comes ready to play , it will be hard for Prestonburg to handle them. SC 30-14 ! GO CARDS!
CardinalAlum Wrote:I'll take SC in this one, but this game will come down to who has the ball last. I was told by some Pburg people that this team doesn't like to get hit and if they don't it could be a long night because the SC boys do love to hit. It will be interesting what game plan Ole Hager pulls out this week, and I have Faith that the cards will be fine in this one.

This is the FIRST time I've ever heard a statement like this about ANY P-burg team...("some Pburg people", eh?) Confusedhh:

:eyeroll: :biggrin:
CardinalAlum Wrote:... It will be interesting what game plan Ole Hager pulls out this week, and I have Faith that the cards will be fine in this one.

Last year, I think Coach Hagar stayed with him initial game plan too long (ground pound). Well after the Blackcat defense showed it could shut down SC's running game, the Cards kept plugging into the 2nd half. When SC started throwing the ball a bit, the field opened up. But...the hole was already too deep to make up.

It goes against the common theme in this thread, but Sheldon Clark needs to throw it with enough effectiveness to force Prestonsburg's secondary to defend downfield (well off the LOS).
cuppett777 Wrote:toss up but i think i take P-Burg at home by 3

i changed my own mind, i know P-burg has had SC number lately but SC will win in low scoring game..
blackcats in a close one .....
Blitz...Blitz...Blitz....If Stepp does not feel the pressure the cards will roll by with a 3 TD win.
SC needs to spread the offense and keep prestonburg defense honest and they will be fine. If they spread it out the running game will be hard to stop.Go Cards!
Sc will take it by 4tds
If SC opens up a little I think it will be interesting. I think SC will pick up the W.
We've played both teams.I think it will be SC,but not by more than a TD.I like both teams though.
Pages: 1 2