Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry County 45 - Anderson County 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats Henry
This is why you play the games, Henry dominated Anderson's Defense all night, Anderson was able to control the Wildcat defense til, the cats finally said enough is enough and they stoned AC when it mattered. Congrats to HC, #7, #3, #9, WOW

Henry County staff pulled out all the stops, I seen several types of kicks, punts, punt returns, defensive formations, offensive formations, and alot of stuff, I think AC got wore out looking at all of it late in the game.

Knowing coach ledford as well as I do, I would say he is not happy about giving up 42!

BTW Henry County dealt with AWFUL officials too.:redboxer::Cheerlead:rockon:
Anderson Cupcake schedule plan backfired a bit on em tonight! Not too bad Henry County for a real-estate man, a coordinator with baggage, a foul mouthed line coach, a non leader, and a few warm bodies!!!!!
Congrats Henry
I agree. This was one of the most one sided called games I've seen in my life. But henry pushes through it and wins it with a clutch kick by Dylan Doll. Great win HC!!!!!
whistle-blower Wrote:Anderson Cupcake schedule plan backfired a bit on em tonight! Not too bad Henry County for a real-estate man, a coordinator with baggage, a foul mouthed line coach, a non leader, and a few warm bodies!!!!!

WOW!!:please: foul mouthed line coach, a non leader and some warm bodies?? Sounds like someone is just jealous that they are not good enough to beat the so called "real estate man" the foul mouthed line, the non-leader, and the few warm bodies... oh wait forgot to mention the coordinator with baggage who i believe Coordinated one he** of a game tonight... JEALOUSY IS A GREAT THING....
Henry Co. 14 0 13 18 45
Anderson Co. 7 14 21 0 42
Scoring summary:
HC--Lue Magness 10 run (Dylan Doll kick); AC--Ethan Kelly 15 run (Bill Rose kick); HC--Chris Amburgy 54 pass from Magness (Doll kick); AC--Kelly 6 run (Rose kick); AC--Seth Carmichael 1 run (Rose kick); AC--Kelly 31 run (Rose kick); HC--Magness 1 run (kick failed); AC--Kelly 17 run (Rose kick); HC--Magness 2 run (Doll kick); AC--Kelly 59 run (Rose kick); HC--Magness 4 run (Doll kick); HC--Dylan Hall 49 pass from Magness (Justin Hartlage pass from Magness); HC--Doll 28 field goal.
Records: Henry Co. 4-1, Anderson Co. 2-2.
More details: Chad Lawrence threw for 184 yards and two scores to lead Simon Kenton, ranked No. 8 in Dave Cantrall̢۪s Rating the State, to a 21-18 victory at No. 23 Henry Clay.
The Pioneers scored 21 straight points after Jerry Williams̢۪ 20-yard TD run put the Blue Devils ahead 7-0.
An A.J. Jewell field goal cut Simon Kenton̢۪s lead to 21-10, and another TD run by Williams and a two-point conversion made it 21-18, but there were only 15 seconds left.
Williams, Henry Clay̢۪s quarterback, finished with 47 yards on 11 carries. He threw for 184 yards. Lawrence had 154 yards on 25 carries for the Pioneers.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zsth7cR3
NO>.............. I dont think that about the coaches at all they are a great class bunch of guys the post is a joke about some posts that were on here back in the summer when Graham left........some folks were not very complimentary on the coaches at Henry, I am simply sending a message that this staff has been able to put a good team together with a lot of doubters.:Cheerlead
I remember the posts you are speaking of Whistleblower, and its far from the character, class, and knowledge that the coaches at HC bring to the table. I am so happy for this bunch of folks at HC, sometimes the good guys win.
This one sounded like a dandy.
Ole i remember this quote too. It was from hcdaddy. So hcdaddy who's your daddy now. I think these coaches have done an awesome job with the players.
Great win for Henry County!!!!!
Coach J may have just won the biggest non-district game in the History of Henry Co Football.
Grats HC
Kentucky Wildcat 12 Wrote:WOW!!:please: foul mouthed line coach, a non leader and some warm bodies?? Sounds like someone is just jealous that they are not good enough to beat the so called "real estate man" the foul mouthed line, the non-leader, and the few warm bodies... oh wait forgot to mention the coordinator with baggage who i believe Coordinated one he** of a game tonight... JEALOUSY IS A GREAT THING....

i argee anderson can play easy team but when you play a good team like henry they lose but then they will but down the team that beat them good win henry :Thumbs:
Both teams played a terriffic game. both teams are legitimate programs with coaches who emphasize good character. However, I find it insulting to the fans, players, and the entire AC community when you start to insult the officiating the opposing team's schedule or the other team's coaching staff. this was a tremendous win for HC and they have a legit shot at the 3A title just as they did last year. but please consider that nothing disrespectful was done towards HC by AC and that this game was far from HC's for part of the game. just please try to be kind and considerate with the understanding that players read these forums just as much as fasthers trying to live vicariously.
Woops, Anderson won't sign another contract with them if they don't have too. Coach will have to rethink their schedule and maybe throw in a few weak A or AA schools. Man this padding the schedule is getting more difficult every year. Go BearCats!!!!!!!!!!!
Get the quote correct. I said Coach Johnson was a good hire. The rest was somewhat true. D coordinator does have baggage or he wouldn't have been let go at Franklin or passed over not once but twice at Henry. O line coach is foul mouthed and coach Eades is a great guy but not ready to lead a program. The rest are just warm bodies. I never said they did not know football or could not coach. Just stating the obvious.
As long as the players at Henry don't act like their coaches. Their actions are dispicable !
HCDaddy, welcome back no comments about the team? Just comments bad mouthing asst. coaches......Most I may add who decided to stay this year for the kids. One lost his job at the school one as you said was passed over twice for the job even though qualified. One was not even paid last year, and the other steps up an helps anyway possible. Its evident what you think about these guys but many people think alot of em. Well to each its own.

:please:
WhoYaWith Wrote:Woops, Anderson won't sign another contract with them if they don't have too. Coach will have to rethink their schedule and maybe throw in a few weak A or AA schools. Man this padding the schedule is getting more difficult every year. Go BearCats!!!!!!!!!!!

That's very uncalled for first of all. Let's examine ac non- district schedule over recent years. Bullitt central- 2nd place in 5A (moved down from 6A) district 3 below only John hardin in that district. Henry- dominant in district last two years. Meade county- longtime stable, 6A program with a great coach and great tradition. mercer (5A)- has won a state title (when 2A) in recent years, county rivalry, harrodsburg atleticism with country boy size. getting better. Spencer county (3A) - young program, tune up game before playoffs, very athletic nonetheless.

Teams dropped from the schedule. Cov-scott(5A i think in highlands district) - bowl game= 1 year contract- not good comp regardless. Madison southern (5A)- great athlete in rico brown (WKU) struggling team, dropped after one year. Mitchell indiana (?A) - long distance game- 1 year contract. enough said. West jessamine (4A) - great program now, wasn't then. finished out contract then dropped due to blowouts in 07' and 08'. Quality of team greatly increased soon thereafter- unforeseen. Western hills- was a blowout game for many years then after loss to hills in 08' dropped from schedule the following year. appears sketchy, I agree, but aside from that 1 year hills has not been notoriously grand. Marion county- great game with lots of passion and excitement, close game in both recent meetings. the 1 team that i wish was still on schedule.
My point is that why would the staff choose to play ST. X or Male just to be blownout. Not good for team morale, team health, or any reason I can think of. whatsoever.
Henry's coaches are some of the best in the business. Any group of guys who can turn this program around the way they did deserves a lot of respect. Which they aren't given. So to all the HC coaches on here, KEEP IT UP, you guys are a great group and your program is proof.
The teams Anderson played last year had a combined win/loss record of 59 wins and 69 losses. Then to get beat by four win team in the playoffs. This does great wonders for a confidence builder???????????????
hcdaddy, I am confused with your words. I have talked to alot of parents and being a parent i have not heard any body complain about any of the coaches if anything they praise them for all the time they give up for these kids. To me if Coach J is the only one on staff you support then you apparently are a hometown good ole boy who is jealous because you are not part of the staff. Everyone of these coaches are good coaches and love the kids and would do anything for them I am tired of reading you post about baggage, foul mouths, and warm bodies, and as far as that goes define your definition of warm bodies? Because when i am around everyone is coaching up there positions or they are all in the weight room or doing something with there players atleast 6 days a week. My definition of warm bodies is someone who just stands around and does nothing and claims they are part of the staff. So start showing some respect for these coaches for all they have done. If you have a problem with them i am sure they will have no problem taking it up with you.
WhoYaWith Wrote:The teams Anderson played last year had a combined win/loss record of 59 wins and 69 losses. Then to get beat by four win team in the playoffs. This does great wonders for a confidence builder???????????????

Nice use of math there. Do more research and you'll see that the same bullitt central team that AC defeated 42-7 beat that same 4 win team. The point is any team can let any game get away from them. At AC all the coaches, all the players and all the fans know that speed kills and Is hard to come by in AC. Not every team can have linebackers that run 4.6 forties and when the average linebacker is asked to cover a slot wr on a skinny post, bad things happen for a secondary. once again congrats to HC.