Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. 48 Betsy Layne 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Good win for Magoffin County.
Great job Magoffin! You lost to a good Morgan team but bounced back and bounced Betsy Layne. I predicted 48-14, I was close. I still see Magoffin challenging possibly for the district title.
Surprised at this score
Same score 1st and 2nd Half (24-6)
What happened bl?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Surprised at this score
Same score 1st and 2nd Half (24-6)
What happened bl?

what do you mean what happened? (It's Betsy Layne):flush:Magoffin was the much better team.
Congrats Magoffin
Looking good for the tigers in the district lol. Good job Hornets.
I watched this one. Its hard to compete, when you had a couple of injuries and and single A football team. Magoffin was the better team. I would have loved to see this game with everyone healthy. Bobcats had two starters on offense (WR/WR) and two starters on defense (CB/LB) they both should be back next week. Keep fighting bobcats, hornets good luck rest of the season.
If McCoy wins the district.... Magoffin County might name a peice of the Mountian Parkway after him. I can see the sign now........... "Now Entering the Chester McCoy Mountian Parkway"
What is BL's record
BL is 2 and 2
Who was out for the Bobcats?
F.N.L. Wrote:what do you mean what happened? (It's Betsy Layne):flush:Magoffin was the much better team.

I can assure you this is not the same "Betsy Layne" from past seasons! Keep working Bobcats!
I expected a closer score than this! Congrats Magoffin!
excyter21 Wrote:I can assure you this is not the same "Betsy Layne" from past seasons! Keep working Bobcats!

Same coach, different players. I know it's early, but Betsy Layne has the talent to at least keep the game close. BL has a whole lot of talent. I know Red is doing his best, but I'm afraid in this case its not the Joe's but the x's and o's. I hope I'm wrong. Its still early. Work hard Bobcats. You can win the district. Good luck

Congrats Magoffin Co.
We will BEAT Betsy Layne!
First off, Jenkinsalum your time will come.

Second, westside, it was funny to me. BL has lost two games and the two teams that beat them are a combined 7-1. Should have BL won those games, yep, BUT they didnt. Can Red block for them, nope, can he run routes, nope, can he throw the ball, nope. I say lets fire Red. So we can get someone that will only stay a year or two like branham, rikowski, mccoy, Bush(god rest his soul), george, should I keep going???????
FYI:Betsy Layne was in the red zone 5 times, and in the red zone, three fumbles 7 false starts, two holding calls that brought TD's back.
sportscritic Wrote:First off, Jenkinsalum your time will come.

Second, westside, it was funny to me. BL has lost two games and the two teams that beat them are a combined 7-1. Should have BL won those games, yep, BUT they didnt. Can Red block for them, nope, can he run routes, nope, can he throw the ball, nope. I say lets fire Red. So we can get someone that will only stay a year or two like branham, rikowski, mccoy, Bush(god rest his soul), george, should I keep going???????

I didn't say anything about firing Red. I said he was doing his best. Besides I don't think many people would want the job. As far as Jackie (RIP) goes it wasn't his choice to leave so let's leave him out of it. If you want to talk records BL's two wins have come against teams with a combined record of 1-7. They play one of the easiest schedules year in and year out. I said the season was young, and said I think they can still win the district.
sportscritic Wrote:First off, Jenkinsalum your time will come.

They will be fine in the district.
I understand you are a bobcat fan, but it was a low blow to blame Red for the game when it was out of his hands. Did you even come to the game? I am a major supporter of bobcat football. I go to about everygame I can. I went last night, I questioned a couple of reds calls but overall he called the game alright. I was at the magoffin and morgan game, magoffin was determined tonight.
sportscritic Wrote:I understand you are a bobcat fan, but it was a low blow to blame Red for the game when it was out of his hands. Did you even come to the game? I am a major supporter of bobcat football. I go to about everygame I can. I went last night, I questioned a couple of reds calls but overall he called the game alright. I was at the magoffin and morgan game, magoffin was determined tonight.

:Clap:
sportscritic Wrote:I understand you are a bobcat fan, but it was a low blow to blame Red for the game when it was out of his hands. Did you even come to the game? I am a major supporter of bobcat football. I go to about everygame I can. I went last night, I questioned a couple of reds calls but overall he called the game alright. I was at the magoffin and morgan game, magoffin was determined tonight.

I've seen several BL games the last few years. I played at BL for 4 years a long time ago. I wasn't attacking Red. I was stating my opinion. Besides, I've defended him in the past. Check my posts. I'm not attacking him now. Coaches are over worked and under paid. The low blow comment is your opinion just like this my opinion. Like I said, BL has a LOT of talent, and I wish them luck.
Betsy Lane has some talent and NO DISCIPLINE! And that is why they will go absolutely NO WHERE!

If my son would have behaved the way #33 did Friday night; I would have taken him off the field myself!

Yelling at the oposing teams coach and cussing the Magoffin crowd; screaming "F" bomb at them!

Not one of Betsy Lanes coaches on the sidelines addressed this young man and his actions!
sportscritic Wrote:FYI:Betsy Layne was in the red zone 5 times, and in the red zone, three fumbles 7 false starts, two holding calls that brought TD's back.

That can the difference bt a a bad coached team and a good coached team.
Tricky Wrote:Betsy Lane has some talent and NO DISCIPLINE! And that is why they will go absolutely NO WHERE!

If my son would have behaved the way #33 did Friday night; I would have taken him off the field myself!

Yelling at the oposing teams coach and cussing the Magoffin crowd; screaming "F" bomb at them!

Not one of Betsy Lanes coaches on the sidelines addressed this young man and his actions!
lol...im #33 mother..im not hiding behind a name,...dont be mad because my child leaves his heart on the field every friday night ..do i think ur from magoffin...NO I DONT...if u r i set near magoffin parents that talked about every bl player they had,,so if u have a problem with kory...dont hide behind ur name...IM NOT,,ur so flippin funny...kory was not saying stuff to the coaches or parents ...its sad to talk about a child on here and hide behind a name..LIKE I SAID IF U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CHILD...IM FREE TO TALK ABOUT IT...LOL..its sad that ppl get on here and talk about kids that play as hard as our bl kids do,,,keep up the good work coaches and players...if thats the case and kory was cussing the other team...y was magoffin parents bragging on #33..lol..magoofin parents said #33 was playing his heart out,,so now what,,,lol,,other ppl heard them talking about him and come and told me,,,lol,,so proud of ya kory...keep up the good work kory..
my johnson Wrote:lol...im #33 mother..im not hiding behind a name,...dont be mad because my child leaves his heart on the field every friday night ..do i think ur from magoffin...NO I DONT...if u r i set near magoffin parents that talked about every bl player they had,,so if u have a problem with kory...dont hide behind ur name...IM NOT,,ur so flippin funny...kory was not saying stuff to the coaches or parents ...its sad to talk about a child on here and hide behind a name..LIKE I SAID IF U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CHILD...IM FREE TO TALK ABOUT IT...LOL..its sad that ppl get on here and talk about kids that play as hard as our bl kids do,,,keep up the good work coaches and players...if thats the case and kory was cussing the other team...y was magoffin parents bragging on #33..lol..magoofin parents said #33 was playing his heart out,,so now what,,,lol,,other ppl heard them talking about him and come and told me,,,lol,,so proud of ya kory...keep up the good work kory..

Actually number 33 from the bobcats definitely dropped the "fu" bomb it was very un-sportsman like, but tis not suprising from a team that is losing.. i also heard he threw some low blows
my johnson Wrote:lol...im #33 mother..im not hiding behind a name,...dont be mad because my child leaves his heart on the field every friday night ..do i think ur from magoffin...NO I DONT...if u r i set near magoffin parents that talked about every bl player they had,,so if u have a problem with kory...dont hide behind ur name...IM NOT,,ur so flippin funny...kory was not saying stuff to the coaches or parents ...its sad to talk about a child on here and hide behind a name..LIKE I SAID IF U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CHILD...IM FREE TO TALK ABOUT IT...LOL..its sad that ppl get on here and talk about kids that play as hard as our bl kids do,,,keep up the good work coaches and players...if thats the case and kory was cussing the other team...y was magoffin parents bragging on #33..lol..magoofin parents said #33 was playing his heart out,,so now what,,,lol,,other ppl heard them talking about him and come and told me,,,lol,,so proud of ya kory...keep up the good work kory..

I'm not saying that "Kory" didn't play his heart out, but I do know that he has a bad mouth, and on more than one occasion said something un-necessary to the opposing team, as well as the fans, and even went as far to smart off to Magoffins head coach. Not to mention the un-sportsman like conduct penalty that was called against him for throwing punches at some of Magoffins players. I know he was bad mouthing for a fact because I was on Magoffins sideline and heard him say stuff to multiple players, as well as Coach McCoy. And after the game, almost every single Magoffin County fan told the coaching staff about how he came to the sideline and was directing profanity towards them. Now I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound very sportsman like. Sounds like to me your son was just on the recieving end of a beating and let his emotions get the best of him. But I wish the Bobcats the best of luck with the remainder of the season..
tough loss for the bobcats...landon tackett and ryan lawson played tough, so did other role players for the bobcats...they will bounce back BIG!!!!
Sundance Kid Wrote:I'm not saying that "Kory" didn't play his heart out, but I do know that he has a bad mouth, and on more than one occasion said something un-necessary to the opposing team, as well as the fans, and even went as far to smart off to Magoffins head coach. Not to mention the un-sportsman like conduct penalty that was called against him for throwing punches at some of Magoffins players. I know he was bad mouthing for a fact because I was on Magoffins sideline and heard him say stuff to multiple players, as well as Coach McCoy. And after the game, almost every single Magoffin County fan told the coaching staff about how he came to the sideline and was directing profanity towards them. Now I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound very sportsman like. Sounds like to me your son was just on the recieving end of a beating and let his emotions get the best of him. But I wish the Bobcats the best of luck with the remainder of the season..
for ur information...a kid from magoffin was saying stuff to kory from the stands and yes kory did say something back...not to a parent,,,another kid,,so get ur facts straight..and the coach deal..magoffins coach was yelling at a kid that was hurt and was trying to get more out of him than he could give at the time..and the only thing kory said to the coach was to lay off of the boy he was hurt...kory was taking up for the player from magoffin,,,this came from several witnesses on the sideline,,does kory have a bad mouth on the field..yes...do i like it..absolutely not..but thats for me to deal with not u..so no more about my child,,lets talk about football...but i promise u korys not the only child that has bad language on the field,,,they all trash talk...football is a tough sport...if ppl cant handle football maybe ppl should start selling avon...lol...
Pages: 1 2