Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 28 Boyd County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congrats Devils...improved showing for Boyd.
Nice game Russell. :Clap:
Russell came out sleepwalking in this one. First half was horrible. 3rd quarter Russell played with some more energy. 4th quarter the game was already decided and was a real snoozer running different kids in and out.

It's a win but Russell needs to bring the same effort they had against Ironton and Greenup.
Congrats Russell
Congrats to the Devils. Good to see you in the win column, again.
Boyd Co. 0 7 0 0 7
Russell 0 14 7 7 28
Scoring summary:
R--Patrick Cooper 15 run (Tanner Locey kick); BC--Cody Rice 2 run (Eli Maloy kick); R--Zach Thompson 26 pass from Cooper (Locey kick); R--Justin Davidson 7 pass from Cooper (Locey kick); R--Paul Spradin 2 run (Locey kick).
Records: Russell 2-3, Russell 2-3.
More details:

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zsrzr825
Has Boyd won a game this year?
Congrats Russell
^
Russell pulls off the win. Looked a little better tonight. A few more looks at some other players. The Hays kid needs to be starter. He is to quick not to be in the back field starting. And he can throw strikes. Boyd has not won a game yet. Don't know what happen to the program for some time now.:flush:
Russell faces West Carter and they are ****ry.
Don't think cause We "R" Russell that everybody will lay down. The Comets had a chance to beat you last year. Just blew a few plays and it could have been different. Get ****ry and play with your heart.
Has Boyd improved or did Russell just play that poorly? I really expected Russell to put up 40+ on BC..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Has Boyd improved or did Russell just play that poorly? I really expected Russell to put up 40+ on BC..

They played poorly in the first half. Very sluggish start after a sluggish week of practice. Energy picked up in the third quarter. The fourth quarter was basically just getting some looks at some of the younger kids.

Boyd stacked the box. They were selling out to the fact that they were going to make Russell pass. Honestly I think Russell could have passes for 300 yards against them but coach McGlone is never one to abandon the run.

If Boyd is going to win a game it will be against East Carter. The fullback and quarterback for Boyd are not bad players. They just don't have any depth.
Hope Russell is ready for West Carter this friday. It being Homecoming and all ( I think). West would love to come in town and spoil the party. I believe Russell will pull it together. The Jr class has got the want to and talent and can play if they get a fire lit under the back side.
Anyone have any word how Russell's freshman is doing and who they have played beside GC and when is there next game.
Every freshman game besides that has been cancelled including the game that was supposed to be played this week. It's been a shame. The freshmen haven't done anything but practice
Well maybe Russell is getting some payback for not allowing their 8th graders to play these teams last year. Didn't these teams lose games because Russell canceled their JR high program AFTER schedules were made.
Statmaster Wrote:Well maybe Russell is getting some payback for not allowing their 8th graders to play these teams last year. Didn't these teams lose games because Russell canceled their JR high program AFTER schedules were made.

No. Don't be an idiot. They have been cancelled because the other schools have not had enough freshman to play and one because of weather. Even the GC game was 10th, 9th and 8th graders combined for them. East Carter cancelled half of their freshman games and half of their JV games because they only had enough kids to play one a week. Ironton, Wheelersburg and Morgan County were not on the middle school schedule at all. You can put your conspiracy theory to rest. Do you really believe that adults would be so petty as to cancel games because of that?

By the way as 8th graders they never had a game cancelled. In fact Raceland cancelled middle school games with us quite a few times when this group was in 6th grade. That was just another reason for going back to the same format we used for years. Something else. Russell never had a Jr High team. The school had nothing to do with it. It was still run by the JFL.
That's right Statmaster......You can't trust an evil as far as you can throw'em. I'll be at the Hank this Friday to watch West Carter take the Evils out.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That's right Statmaster......You can't trust an evil as far as you can throw'em. I'll be at the Hank this Friday to watch West Carter take the Evils out.
Not going to watch the Ams this week? I'll save you a seat.
FBALL Wrote:Not going to watch the Ams this week? I'll save you a seat.

Nope. the Ams are at Nicholas county. I think the Evils will have their hands full with the comets.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Nope. the Ams are at Nicholas county. I think the Evils will have their hands full with the comets.

I think they will too. I'm not sold on West's defense but Bond and Cline may give the Evils fits.
Practice all summer in the weather that's ok but no games? What a way to build a program.
That is sad for the freshman .It may have been a little difficult BUT not impossible to find other schools to play ,what about Huntington schools & Ohio?
The freshman used to regularly play schools that the varsity didn't just to fill in a schedule even if they had to play some schools more than once..Good luck with players coming out next year. Yes at one time believe it or not Russell did have a jr high team.
charliez Wrote:Practice all summer in the weather that's ok but no games? What a way to build a program.
That is sad for the freshman .It may have been a little difficult BUT not impossible to find other schools to play ,what about Huntington schools & Ohio?
The freshman used to regularly play schools that the varsity didn't just to fill in a schedule even if they had to play some schools more than once..Good luck with players coming out next year. Yes at one time believe it or not Russell did have a jr high team.
I agree that it is sad and it is a shame. There are teams on the schedule that don't play the varsity. Wheelersburg, Morgan County Wayne, WV to name a few. Unfortunately two of those games were cancelled. Its gotten to be ridiculous and frustrating. Ive never seen this many games cancelled before. Hopefully they can play the rest. These kids need to play some games and have some fun.

As far as Russell having a jr high team, the school did not. The JFL did. Now they have four. One of the JFL teams last year played CK jr high twice and also had nine home games with the regular league schedule. They are not procluded from scrimmaging or playing anybody.

In fact numbers are up. We have almost 30 freshman waiting to play. JFL numbers from grade school through middle school are very good.

I don't know the answer but there should have been some way to fill in games for the ones that were cancelled.
What a shame. So if you don't have any games for the freshman group. That means this will follow them all thru there high school career. Why couldn't these schools that cancelled, pull up the eight graders and drop back some weak Soph like GC did. Sounds to me like the AD at Russell dropped the ball. Maybe the parents need to express there opinion. Maybe :worthy: Ivan and all his pull could get some games scheduled.
This will hurt the program even more down the road, another year not learning the famous WING-T.
Just hope they get it together for the Kiwanis Bowl. That is the one that counts.
Did I read correctly???......Russell threw the ball 15 times in thier last game??? What's going on at Evil university?
Need to have other weapons in the arsenal. Maybe Ivan is getting away from the Wing-T:dontthink. Hays can throw the ball if they let him, and would like see him run the bootleg. If they are going with Cooper as the QB, backfield needs to be Hays, Spradlin, Korzep at FB. 3 fast kids and very strong runners. But you got to have a line that will block.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Did I read correctly???......Russell threw the ball 15 times in thier last game??? What's going on at Evil university?
Could have thrown it alot more. It was there any time they wanted it.
pitchfork Wrote:What a shame. So if you don't have any games for the freshman group. That means this will follow them all thru there high school career. Why couldn't these schools that cancelled, pull up the eight graders and drop back some weak Soph like GC did. Sounds to me like the AD at Russell dropped the ball. Maybe the parents need to express there opinion. Maybe :worthy: Ivan and all his pull could get some games scheduled.
This will hurt the program even more down the road, another year not learning the famous WING-T.
Just hope they get it together for the Kiwanis Bowl. That is the one that counts.
It is a shame. Its almost a wasted year.

Say what you will about the JFL and the Middle School debate. But the whole situation around that was to get these kids playing in games agree with it or not.

Will they be ready for the kiwanis bowl? Who knows. They haven't gotten the chance to see who can do what yet. They play Wayne next week. I hope. That should show alot. Good or bad or what they need to improve on.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Did I read correctly???......Russell threw the ball 15 times in thier last game??? What's going on at Evil university?

The radio said that might have been the first time a Russell QB has run over a 100 yds and passed over a 100 yds in one game. Nice to see them mixing it up.
Come on this was Boyd Co. Possibly one of the worst teams this year is this area beside East. And by the way the 2 1A schools in the area beat BC and EC easier than Russell. It's a good thing Russell did not schedule Fairview this year or they could be the 3rd worst team in the area. I hope the freshman can play more than 3 games this year, but Ivan and his cronies should be able compensate for there lack of field time.
Pages: 1 2